The Kospet PRIME Official post

Kospet PRIME is better than previous ones, but the Heart rates many times is not working (random…one day works, another don’t…). Also when calculating calories by steps…sometimes you see some nuts results. Also, you have a camera on the side for… (what for?). Also claims of face unlocking, when is not safe (it does not use 3D face). …but it is not needed in a watch in fact… (?).

This is because simply the Android can do it…then put all the hardware to do it…without questioning on usability nor reliability…

A hughe battery is good…I wanted it because I have to travel for my job (when COVID is not there)…but if not reliable…then it becomes just a watch with which you can make a call…but little more…

The Google synch also had some difficulties…somedays synch, some others don’t…don’t know why (at least my experience…).

Some apps are not well seen in the round screen, and need special apps that are not very usable or buttons goes out of screen. But anyway, it is not these last issues what annoyed me…it was the lack of reliability (you measure somthing but…is it reliable?)…then is when it becomes useless and if you want to be serious, you switch to another brand…

1 Like

If you get the same hardware, but with a good software (tested, and REALLY functional, with good usability tests - I mean USABILITY, not only without bugs) then it would be an interesting product…
It is the fail on these watches…
Have in mind…the software can sort some hardware fails many times, if software is well developed. But with a perfect hardware…if you have a bad software…then you have NOTHING…

2 Likes

To be honest i dont have any of your issues at all ? And square mode is there for the apps that dont fit ? As for face unlock , never used it and probably never will . Apart from that i get good results

3 Likes

Happy to hear that Andy.

1 Like

Hi, for anyone who suffers from the slow Rise to Wake response, I found a solution. Install (Shake Screen On Off) from the google play store. Any other similar application might do the same (Ididn’t try other ones). Set the sensitivity to extremely sensitive and enjoy better responsiveness.

2 Likes

Thanks!
Tried and works well.

1 Like

It’s each to their own mate.
These devices do a great job of what they are designed to do (most of them) and for a low price.
If that’s not good enough then time to move on.

We live in a world where Android is very tightly controlled by a very powerful corporation.
It’s not about limited software development but more the limitations imposed from above.

That’s why we are stuck with Android 7.1.1 at the moment and it will be a fair amount of time before things move on due to the restrictions imposed.
If certain corporations had their way these devices would disappear completely.

2 Likes

And lets face it mate . These watches are bloody good fun for a small amount of money :+1: . Or we wouldnt be here :wink:

5 Likes

Yep, that’s the point.
They are pretty damn good and considering what they were like in the beginning when I got the first ever round Android watch in early 2015 - they have come a long way.
Hopefully more good things will come. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

And we know they will :wink:

1 Like

Decided not to take the risk of flashing. Sounds dangerous and cumbersome. Only faults attributable to the user should require flashing - the manufacturer should provide a consistent product to begin with.
I appreciate your input though and keep it up!

1 Like

Its pretty easy if you use a pc . If you change your mind let me know and i will guide you through this :wink:

Sure thing buddy. Will do.

1 Like

I installed the app. I’ll tell you how it’s working. Thank you!!

Thanks very much :+1:
I purchased the pro version and I am very impressed.
Instant wake up :ok_hand::ok_hand:
Now to see if the service eats battery or not.
Great find.
Cheers
Pablo.

1 Like

With the pro version can you tell if there is a way to keep the watch from turning off/on constantly during a run?

In the setting, you can choose “super sensitive” instead “extremely”. Or the right level for you.

1 Like

Just disable the sensor on the same shortcut view that has the square screen option.

1 Like

May I ask what you wanted to flash?

It seems that the heart sensor isn’t reliable. It gives a wide variety of reading in a very short time which is clearly inaccurate. Is it a software or a hardware issue?
Concerning the Weather app. Are we able to let it auto update? Instead of manually refreshing it every time we need to check the weather?
Last but not least, is there any possibility to get an android update or is it not the case with Chinese smart watches?
Thanks in advance