The Kospet PRIME Official post

I am not sure about that.
It is something that you have to discuss with your provider.

Not every telco offers this.

Mine only allows for one extra card but it’s up to them.

I think it might be illegal in Australia, but of course there is probably some way to clone a sim card out there somewhere

I don’t see any reason for being illegal. The provider don’t offer a real identical sim card, impossible to distinguish one from the other.
The 2nd one, called “clone” for easy speaking, have a real own phone number. And the provider just set a call transfer on it.
Using it, its equal, but not really.

In case of problem, we can know which sim card you use.

Yes, maybe in some countries, its forbidden, I don’t know, but why?

1 Like

I must admit, I haven’t heard that it’s illegal either.
Just that my service provider has the two sim same number option.
I suppose it would not be illegal because the provider has no issues as long as it can keep track of your usage…

It’s not like changing the IMEI number of the device…

3 Likes

After washing my hands several times during the day, I’m gonna need a true waterproof watch, sadly, non of the new 7.1.1. watches deliver this. I’m gonna stick with my Prime for now.

i pour plenty of water on my Prime on both sides (i take it off), everytime after workout and i had no problems with the watch…
Although, i suggest to you not to use soap.

Yes they have removable straps

Please help! I have a Kospet Prime 4G purchased in Feb 2020 and my heart rate monitor is not detecting my wrist bpm/pulse when I use the monitoring app directly. The green light is flashing as expected However if I place my finger it will detect bpm and then show an error - “Check wear way and try again please” (exact wording). When in fitness app and taking my walk it records everything including calories but no BPM. I fitness mode, the green light remains static and does not flash.
I have done factory reset, but to no avail.

So you have the latest firmware and performed a full reset ? Okay

Try this app

Make sure in watch settings under " special permissions " , " sensors " you allow this app access to heart rate monitor

Worth a try

If you do decide to flash your watch here is the tutorial

Here is the firmware

And here is the video to show you how to do it

1 Like

That error message is curious…
Definitely sounds like something installed by you is causing a conflict.
Before you flash just make a full factory reset in the watch settings, reset equipment and wipe everything.

Then before you do anything else - after first boot, check the heart rate function.

If you still get that error you can try flashing your watch and use "Firmware Upgrade ’ option in the flash tool.

If it is not working after that you have no choice except return to the place you purchased it…

4 Likes

By the way, I am not sure why this is so but under app permissions the default for Body Sensors is " 0 of 0 apps allowed" (while other apps like location, camera, calendar etc have default permissions which you can add more access permissions to)

Many thanks for your prompt response and the video and instructions. I am a novice at this flashing and installing apks and firmware (thought this was automatic in wifi update. My build is 1.5.8_20191106) so I hope I can follow the video and do this properly.
I have used reset equipment function and started afresh and had immediately tested the monitor without installing anything, but this failed.
I will inform once I figure out above intricacies and go through the process.

1 Like

If you install the sports app i posted you can turn on " use heart rate monitor " after you allow in special permissions . Be carefull with the flashing :wink:

Thanks! Do I flash 1st before intalling app or do I try app and only flash when this doesnt work?

However you like. You might check the app first.

1 Like

The solutions Pablo and friends are providing you are good ones.
On the other side, I have to say that my final solution has been to move to Apple Watch.
It is hard to say, because I think google watches could be a good solution (and apple watch is really expensive).
But software development in these devices is non consistent, from user side nor from functionality side.

And I tried a lot!.
At the end there is always some problem which needs long time to solve it…this if can be solved.

The solution they always do is to produce a new model…which is not working well at some point either.

If manufacturers REALYY take care of the software development (and it is a matter of devote money to it for development, not about the developers themselves. I guess they do what they can), then it will be a possible solution.

Sorry to have to say that.

I don’t disagree with your basic premise about software but having followed this forum for years have developed another theory.
I have owned a bunch of different smartwatches over this period. One of my favorites the IQ4 Air worked flawlessly for about 3 years till it died of old age. I never did a firmware update, even though one was available, because it worked fine as is. I never modified it in any way other than adding watch faces and apps. It worked as designed and well.
I think a lot of the problems I read about here are self induced by the folks using them and not a fault of the product. I 'm not being critical just what I observe. You buy a watch, you paid for it you have a right to treat it any way you choose. I just choose to use it as intended and have very few problems.

3 Likes

I’m happy to see your better experience with the IQ4 (I don’t know about it), but I’ve been using more than one KOSPET and it is always the same (similar Thor)…without any modification.
In fact, you have to make modifications to make it work well. HR sensors not working from once to a while, apps which are not seen well at screen…and many nutty things which could be solved if simply somebody did well the requirements and tested well.

I passed the watches to a friend, and after 2 weeks, the question was… “But nobody has been trying these watches to arrange what is obviously not working or not well thought?”.

And this is the reality. This is why TODAY it is better to go some more expensive device.
But tomorrow may be different. If some of the full Android watches takes it seriously, could be a very serious competitor to the big brands.

But in the meanwhile…most of the people have no time to spend to make work such watches…unfortunatedly…

Valid points. Side note: While who and how the watches are manufactured and assembled is a major factor, pretesting to validate functions is probably limited. Instead they choose to correct problems with firmware updates.
I look to the Genesis as Jason the Owner of Kronus Blade/Gensis can be seen actually wearing the watch in his informational videos. I can’t speak for him but he would have an explicit interest in it functioning properly and fixing issues before reaching the market. It is in pre-order and shipment is being delayed due to the virus in china. I am looking forward to receiving mine.

I am interested to know what your thoughts are on the Kospet Prime as you have tried them all ? For me its the first near flawless watch that has been made and i think i have tried many also .

Big screen

Huge battery that you can abuse and it keeps coming back for more

Gps lock for runners very stable

No worries leaving ALL radios on all day which is a first

Hardware good build with no issues

No need to turn off google sync etc

Thanks

1 Like