The Kospet PRIME Official post

Okay,what we know…:
The headset have own mic.,therefor when you use it,the watch original ones dont use.-the call work.
When use just the watch for calls,its use original mic.-the call work just for 1-2 mins.
When drop the running call,and immediatly make new one,the problem stay here,but if drop the call,and wait 20-30 mins,and make a new one,you can use it for another 1-2 mins,before the problem again make the call useless.
For me its look,like the mic. have overheating,and maybe disconnect the contact for a 1/2 mm,or less maybe…because over the time i wait 20-30mins,(but possible its work with less wait time too)its work again properly for 1-2 mins,like the connected mic. leg cool down,and go back to connected position…???

1 Like

Hmm,with the next prime i make a probe anyway,but now i send the text and wideo for gearbest.I want to change my watch to the new ones.
I use the T-mobile network in Hungary…its not our common point.The only one thing stay common,the watch alone…my working properly some 50-55 days…

https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.com/t/the-kospet-prime-official-post/50234/419?u=malex

Thanks for the response! Gosh, I was impatient :sweat_smile: and I flashed twrp and Magisk already, but with 1.5 version. Later I flashed successfully Viper4Android, Dolby, Xposed Framework and some other goodies :grin: But interestingly, my OTA do not find 1.6 update… But I see you uploaded it here. So just one mor question: if now I’m gonna flash firmware update, I have to flash firmware first, later patched boot again and then Magisk package through twrp? Btw, thanks for this website and great amount of useful information! :+1:

If you flash 1.6 then you should make a factory reset after flashing.
Then flash the same twrp and patched boot image as you did before and install magisk zip again.
It is recommended to do it that way to clear the previous install and start fresh.

3 Likes

Oh boy… Lot of setting up again :persevere: May I ask what changes does this update bring?

It has some refinements in the system (bugfixes etc)
You have to understand that rooting etc brings added complexity when it comes to updating.
Even if you just flashed the system image - root and any extras like Viper would be lost.
If you are happy - don’t worry about updating it.

1 Like

Yea, I see that it is bit more complicated than rooting the phone… Thanks for your time to explain things :+1:

FAW stands for ?

Full android watch

I went through the thread but excuse me if I missed some answers I need.

I have a Prime SE and I would appreciate a little help:

1. The only difference is less ROM and RAM, so if that’s the case, is the firmware the same for the Prime and Prime SE - can any statement here related to Prime be applied also to Prime SE?

2. I would like to flash TWRP, so the first question is crucial, but also, is there some tutorial that I missed for flashing TWRP, rooting and so on? I rooted almost avery phone/tablet I had, but this is my first watch, so I’m would like to be on a safe side.

Thanks!

I’d like to do the OTA 1.6 update. But my watch is on v1.5_B_20191106, and it claims I am on newest version. How can I get the 1.6 OTA ?

No, you can’t. But you can download it here in the forum and flash it.

I expect that it will be released as an OTA but as everything is closed in Shenzhen at the moment it will be delayed for some time.
The government has told everyone to stay at home in China. At first it was until the 10th of February, then it was 17th February and could be extended again.
It’s very easy to flash and for a while it is the only way to get V1. 6

1 Like

Is there/will be there any new FW update avaliable for the prime SE?
It would be really great if the screen on rising function can be improved!

1 Like

If there is a update you will find that probably wont be changed . It generally is what it is . Thanks

Okay,for all who have buy from Gearbest,the long story short: after 2 month of use(55day) my microphone start make issues.Because i am out of 45 day 100% money back guarantee,and after some misunderstand things,they have make a choice options for me:
1.return item for free repair
2.Keep the item for a partial refund 47.99 to my Gearbest Wallet
3.Keep the item for a partial refund 47.99 USD to my original payment account.
4. Keep the item and repay a small fee for a resend.(111,99USD)In this case they send a brand new watch for this price.

I choose n.o. 1. options,send the watch,they received it and after fast,2 days of testing,send respond,like this:
1.Partial refund to Wallet(95,99USD)
2. Partial refund to your original payment account(95,99USD)
3. Repay a small fee 71 USD for a resend.(brand new one)
4.(which i choose) they send me a repaired,older(how older,maximum 1-2 months?) one,which originally was not mine.

Now i wait for my package(10-25 business day),and can say Gearbest have good support assistance,fast reply,and fast issue handler.Very helpful company.Thank You!

I thinking to cange to Nova launcher.Please,who have use the Nova launcher,or other not factory launcher,tell me is it worth to change?What plus You have in the real life of usage,over the functions,you have,but not use?I use my watch standalone with sim. Thank You for answear.

So, have you settled on getting a replacement Prime?
Are you thinking of using another launcher on the Prime?
If you are, then you need to understand that anything that is not designed for a round screen will be difficult to use on a round watch.

Currently the only launcher I could recommend is Eric’s universal launcher.
Any other Round launchers are in beta and not ready for everyday use - in my opinion.

2 Likes

You’ve been braver than me, cause for the same microphone issue I chose the option 3, so I got only 47.99 back.
It would be useful to know what they did to repair it, cause I could attempt it myself, cause I’m tired of blowing into the speaker.
By the way I installed nova launcher and I recomend it, with it you can customize almost every aspect of the watch, and I am not looking back to other launchers.