The Kospet PRIME Official post

Hmm… chrome asks users to login on first launch, and then syncs the info
Have you turned Google sync off in settings->more->accounts->auto-sync data

Have one. Nice watch. NFC and Bluetooth calling would have made it almost perfect.

Hooray!! :tada::tada::tada:
Incredible.

2 Likes

Good catch! :slightly_smiling_face:

What is the previous history from other models, does Kospet Firmware updates ever hit the OTA server, or do we need to upgrade via PC ?
I’m wondering whether to expect the new Prime FW to ever be available OTA ?

Yes they do appear as a ota update . But only if they see this as a real benefit . So if it doesnt appear , you dont need it

I am going crazy trying to fix this problem, the same thing happens to me. it only happens when I use the watch microphone, and it disappears when I use a bluetooth headset during the same call. when I disconnect the bluetooth and return to the watch microphone, the problem returns after one minute of conversation. I think the problem is related to the watch microphone gain but I am not sure. I reset it and it didn’t work. I haven’t installed the last ROM yet, but I don’t have much hope that it will be fixed.

1 Like

Did you reset the watch after flashing the last ROM? Sometimes it can solve a problem. One thing I find strange is that only the two of us have this issue. If there’s no solution from Kospet or the technicians guys in this forum, this watch is of no use to me. The most important function of a smartwatch with a SIM card is to be able to use it to talk without using a bluetooth headset every time. And it’s a shame because without this issue the Kospet Prime is practically perfect, at least in terms of hardware.

1 Like

HI,I reflashed to the new filmware,reboot,make a indian rain dance,but not help.Dont probe with headset.But if work properly only with headset,for me worthless.Yes,first call start problem somewhere after 1-1,5 minute,and if i drop the call,and call again,the problem right here.But,if i wait a good 20-30 minute,and make a call,can speak again 1-1,5 minuts,before the problem return…

I send a mail for the gearbest(i buy my watch here) technical support,and if they cant solve it,i send it back,to change to the other one.I love this watch.This is my 3. one.For my use better than smartphone.I have a rowkin earbuds too,but i used it in the first 2-3 months on my 2. watch(a year ago),after that it sit in the box.I dont use it.I wait for two things:
1.When someone make a program for the earbuds,which work like this: if a have a incoming call,and i receive it,the program in the background search 20-30 second for my earbuds.20-30 second enought time to press the on button on the earbuds,and the program use it automatically.If i dont push on the earbuds between 20-30 second,the program shut down the search in the background option,because know,i dont watnt to use the earbuds.
2.small bracelet just with earbuds for automatic calls in the car for example…slowly some firm start make this bracelet,but with display,and sensors…
Which program you use for calls,because the original one dond show the caller name just the number,and very basic…?

A reset is necessary after flashing the firmware, not just a reboot. The reset is in the main “settings” menu, -reset equipment-. After that, try a new call to see if the noise appears again on the other side or the problem is solved. But I’m not very optimistic.

You mean: setting-reset equipment-factory data reset?

I wouldn’t expect much from Gearbest. They’re not gonna solve the problem, since they’re only in the business of selling. The solution is in Kospet’s hands.
On the subject of using bluetooth headsets, I’m not sure I understand what you want. If you have your headset connected to your watch via bluetooth, you can immediately choose whether you want to answer a call through the headset or through the watch’s microphone and speaker. You don’t have to wait 20 seconds to choose, unless the headset is off and you turn it on just to answer the call, but this doesn’t work well on any phone, at least not for me. It’s best to have your headset connected permanently. On the Kospet Prime it works perfectly. The problem is that if you choose to talk via speakerphone, the damn noise comes up again and again and makes communication impossible.
About the smart bracelets… I don’t quite understand what you want it for. Actually, a smartwatch makes them unnecessary. Just talk into the microphone and listen into the watch speaker. If it worked without noise, of course.
I use the Sony SBH52 headset mainly. I also use the SBH54 but it works worse because it has a bad firmware. The connection with the SBH52 is very stable and it also has its own speakerphone, independent of the watch. And many other functions.
About the calling application… I use the one that comes with the phone. It works perfectly, and I can see the name of the caller. If you don’t see it it may be because you don’t have that person in the contacts app. Another thing is the contacts app itself, it’s terrible. You can’t even do a search by typing the first few characters, you have to scroll through the entire list. I use Pocket Informant on my watch for contacts, calendar, tasks and notes, and sync it with my mobile, tablets and Outlook on my laptop.
I hope I solved your doubts. But I am sure that, like me, what you really want is to solve the problem of the noise in the calls through the Prime speakerphone. Cheers.

Exactly. That’s it.

Dont work…noise here after 2 minute…

I dont loose my hope,the gearbest give it back by waranty.After that,what makes with the watch its not my problem anymore.
Yes,i can use it the headset always on,and connected to the phone…but i want to use it headset always off,and when i want to use it,i just push on the headset(and the program choose it,and pair it automatically),and dont want to miss with select item(my headset )in the list on the display,and pair it with my watch…
The prime speaker work good(for me) in the street,when walk,but if i drive the car and make long call,i must remove the watch from my wrist,and hold it like normal phone,because the car noise.Of course the best solution for my problem,is to make a own wrist strap,build in the headset technology,and dont need another wrist strap…another solution its the bone conduction technology.I thinking to buy a ORII(little bulky) ring(but i dont like any ring ever),or wrist strap for watch with build in bone conduction,but for this time dont found straps which work properly…
Hmm…i always save my contacts to the sim card,(never ever on the cloud,or google.Because if the phone crash,and i must call someone,i just go to the firs shop,buy the simplest phone,put in the sim,and done.I believe for safety its the best method) and the basic app show just the number,but the person exist in my sim list…
Okay,have you send some text to your shop,that you have this watch issue,and what they say?Where are you from?What cellular network you use?

If you have problems like this you should return the watch.
Firmware flash makes no difference so you should return it as a faulty product.

1 Like

Thanks Pablo11…i think you right…

1 Like

I have the same problem as nlb. Is it possible it’s due to the firmware? So far only two units , mine and nlb one, generate noise to the person you are calling, but it only happens if you use the microphone and speaker of the Prime. When using a bluetooth headset the noise disappears, and returns again when speakerphone mode is activated. I would like to know if someone can try to make a call for more than two minutes without using a bluetooth headset, and ask the person you are calling if the noise appears after this time. It is so loud that it makes communication impossible. However, from the Prime you can hear the other person perfectly. I’d like to try to do everything I can before I return it. Perhaps Kospet might have a solution if he knew of the issue. Is this possible? Thank you Pablo for your help and support.

Maybe that’s why you don’t see the caller’s name, just the number. Do a test: copy a contact from the SIM card to the memory of the watch and delete it from the SIM card. Ask this person to call you. If the name appears, you can have all the contacts in the SIM and in the phone duplicated so you don’t lose them in case you change your watch. I hope you find this useful.
I haven’t contacted Gearbest yet. I prefer to try all possible solutions before returning it. My mobile network is Orange and I’m in Spain. Cheers.