The Kospet PRIME Official post

Excellent write-up! Thank you!

this is a very useful video! I’m so gonna experiment with different launchers now, thank you for your time

HI! I have another problem with sim use.I use the watch like standalone phone.
Okay.If i open the call list,a cant save the numbers to my sim/or watch…no options!If i touch the number,the watch shows 2 options.Call,or delete.On my old watches here was option for save the number.Now i have just one way…to prescribe the number for a paper,than open the contacts/new contact,than typing the number for watch…
And of course,my old problem: on call list show just empty head,and by his side the number.Here a secret menu,or what can i do to make my watch show the name ?
Thank You for the answear.

I have to add a few more issues - the contacts application used in the watch seems to be very basic, not really adopted to the round screen in full. It is missing setup options to allow to display contacts by last name and with last name first. I hope that this will be improved in the next firmware upgrades.

You could probably install some other phone and contacts app

2 Likes

Thanks for idea…i install the simpler,which opens little slowly(3sec after touch)but its work perfectly for me.Thanks again.

how does the ips screen compare to amoled screen of pro

To be honest its great . Due to the size you will be very happy with this . No " always time " though but still a good watch . To be honest i’m struggling to find anything wrong with it :+1:

1 Like

Can you see the difference. Does the prime has a slightly lesser vivid display than Pro.?

Yes it does but trust me . Its nothing :wink:

3 Likes

For KOSPET PRIME - for me it looks like this:

KOSPET PRIME - Pluses

1. Very good battery life
  2. Good large screen with adequate visibility outside
  3. Relatively good main camera however in WRONG PLACE
  4. Acceptable size and thickness
  5. Multitouch

Minuses - SOLVED

1. Lack of advanced connectivity with phone ==>Watch Droid V9.1
  2. Lack of calculator application on the watch ==>Modern Calculator
  3. Very basic and time consuming interface ==>Nova Launcher
  4. Lack of customizable button ==>Buttons remapper
  5. Lack of icon showing if watch is in fact charging ==>Battery Widget
  6. Lack of swipe action/configurable menus and desktop ==>Nova Launcher
  7. Lack of quick dial for defined contacts over BT ==>Watch Droid
  8. Lack of quick dial for internal phone module ==>APW Widgets
  9. Limited weather information ==>ACCUWEATHER
  10. Good quick access to the timer ==>Timebox Timer
  11. Screen on rising – works almost good with recent firmware upgrade 1.5_B_20191106

Minuses UNSOLVED

1. contacts are displayed by first name instead of last name – I did not find the way to switch this setting for last name first
  2. Lack of automation with picture transfer – now pictures must be send to main phone manually using BT (for example total commander

Hardware upgrade requests for “ideal watch”:

• 5 atm water tight – please make such watch really water tight to allow at least to swim/dive with it
  • Cameras shall be placed at 12 hour Instead of 3 and MAIN CAMERA SHALL FACE OUTWARDS (same as on SM-V700 Samsung watch) with second camera front facing.
  • Camera shall record video in horizontal mode PLEASE!!!
  • Camera quality – please use 5MP camera sensor with good low light quality – there is no need for too many megapixels, but the camera shall offer good quality - check pictures from SM-V700
  • Please add two more customizable buttons on the left of the watch to launch custom applications quickly
  • Please add wireless charging
  • Please add reliable pulse/heart monitoring measurement
2 Likes

Aah,i see its christmas time to go make a wish list :laughing:
-Please give me a pony
-please send me a maserati
-please send me a yellow submarine…
Just make a fun,sorry…
I think this watch is great…i mean look at early types of smartwatches…no changeable straps(because antenna in side it),small batery,small screen,etc.
I think now this segments must go two route:
1.watches which works with phone
2. watches which works standalone
1.group must own stronger bluetooth,stronger launcher for working together with a phone,like sms,calls,etc…Like a screen with bluetooth,and maybay a heart rate monitor,nothing else,because your phone always with you,and your watch funktions like a screen,which work like a remote control for phone.
2.group have a harder way,because must work like a real standalone phone.What we really need in this case?
-waterproof(real IP68) full stainless house (i think 1-2 yers later
its must be true)
-2 programmable side buttons (have it) you dont need more
buttons,because jour phone too dont have more buttons.And
you always can make a group with favorite apps to fast
opening it.
-latest gorilla glass,because with thise screen protector
films,the watsch allways work slowly.(not he latest,but have it)
-Camera…allways problem point,but if you really thinking about it,its simple…one piece a good quality 5-10megapixel witch placed into bezel in your face,for video calls.12clock position like vision,or 3 clock position like prime doesn’t matter,because when you use it for make video around you, you raise your arm until horizontal one,and you tilt your wrist in position what you want…wery easy to use.
-screen:
size i think prime have the ideal size
material lcd,oled,super amoled,yes all have own pro and cont.Prime have lcd,a big one,its fantastic.Of course the led screens have better colors,but not a lot of better.Always on funtcion?Why?For who?Who can see the screen under the jacket,or when your hand twist when you walk ?.You can set the watch to open the screen when you need to see it.
-Heart rate …accurate heart rate not impossible
-wireless charging(real ones thing which i think must be build in,because faster,dont need this charger disc,which died after 0.5-1 year of usage.
-with software and apps we have not alot of problems,because for all problems you can find answear…
-a good bone conductivity straps for calls i think not a bad idea,or straps with buil in bluetooth earbuds,whitch automatically activated,if you have a call and you pull its out the straps.
-Maybay a bigger battery…prime have square one,and i think with round one we win more power,maybay +300-500mah…
-nfc…the builders of watch talk about it…when you use the free android(like our watch) you can’t use nfc for payment,because google have restricted it.Of course if you want nfc,you must pay twice for watch,because the “legal” android cost…
-and for fun i think watch house in all colors(which you can choice when buy one,or can buy a special colour paint for making it yourself)
Of course if you have strong base watch,you can always upgrade it for special use,or customisation.For example with the removal straps you can add +battery,or walkie talkie, led lamp,stronger speaker,solar cell,a pico projector,all health sensors,panic/save me button,waterproof pocket for medicine,sensors for radiation or gasses,nfc for car or smart home,better camera,night vision camera,heat camera,defense taser,etc…
I think with this way the top the sky…
Thank you for the attention.

1 Like

Yeah, we have all of that and almost 2tb of firmware images. But unfortunately we have not had a chance to open the firmware and flash section yet.
But then again - we don’t get paid and do the best we can in our spare time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

we look for such new models for sure…

I struggle quite alot to fiddle with the tiny settings in nova launcher.
How did you manage to have watch droid in one page?

I think the next big jump a voice controlled airpods,with e-sim,gps,camera.You just say what you want,and airpods make it…calls,texts,map route,etc…

As I known MTK6739 processor have NFC!
Why not active on kospet Prime?
Any way to do it?

doesn’t say anything about it having built-in NFC

1 Like

Not here, but if you look for the processor on Google you will find many nfc phones. Is it a separate component?

Yes it can support NFC but as I have said many times - it is not worth having a protocol that is not usable by any apps.
These arm32 watches are not secure enough to be supported by any payment system apps.
So there is no good purpose for NFC and therefore it has been excluded.

2 Likes