The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

When I was having problems charging with the main cable from my laptop wouldn’t work, but charging from a wall socket charger did work. I’m not sure why.

[edit] OK, here’s a theory. The wall charger is “dumb” and outputs power continuously, while the laptop USB charger is “smart” and negotiates a power level with the device. Perhaps the Genesis and the computer are talking past each other. If this is the case it might be fixable in firmware.

I used a meter while charging, and when the watch was plugged into the laptop it drew ~0.45A for maybe a minute or so then when to 0. When connected to the wall charger it drew ~0.45A continuously.

5 Likes

For those who had issue with screen brightness not turning up, I ran into this issue yesterday. The screen would not change from the lowest brightness setting. I found the answer was simple and stupid. The floating toucher app has the ability to change screen brightness and it was over riding the stock settings. Turned floating toucher up to max brightness and then it would allow me to adjust the brightness level.

4 Likes

@thomaschamlee Excellent advice
Thanks very much :+1:

These posts are perfect examples of how a COMMUNITY should work…together and for each other.

Great to see :+1::+1:

3 Likes

This reflective display is in my opinion the best display we ever had. Most of the time outside in the sun it was not (really) possible to see anything on the oled/LCD displays. Now that is no problem any more. For me a very big reason to buy it.

6 Likes

Remember that the bluish screen is a feature. I believe it’s tied into the transflective screen

you got a point i always charge any of my devices from a wall plug never had any issue ever.Some pc , laptop getting confused with the battery memory this maybe causes the problem

I use Wifi Transfer app to move files to storage and only charge off MAINS power.
Alternatively, I have a 2 TB Dropbox account and can access ALL my data from there if I need to.,

1 Like

I use the black screen with White Roman numeral numbers as watch face and only ONE thing cluttering the screen, the volume bar. I am getting 1 percent per hour battery drain . The Transreflective screen is fantastic. Much better than my old Samsung OLED screen.

3 Likes

I have several questions about this watch in particular and android to IOS questions. I’m don’t understand a lot about it and need help. Recently bought a watch online and am now returning it.

You should also ask your questions, otherwise you will not receive any answers.
What watch did you buy? Why do you want to send them back? Is there a defect?

1 Like

I have an iPhone XR and am new to iOS compatible Android Smartwatches. I recently purchased a LOKMAT Smartwatch taken at face value (all the seller said is it is compatible with iOS 7.0 and above) but found there were multiple problems with it (pairing, staying paired, re-pairing on its own and me going through the same process every single time it disconnected. Several of the apps were too big for the screen to effectively use which I’m gathering is because it was trying to work as iOS but couldn’t. I couldn’t find a way to reduce it . No manual to explain the features and how they work. It seems to be standard practice to not include a manual). I need to know if this Smartwatch will experience the same or similar issues and/or what other ones.

@Cigarcia If you are asking about the genesis - this is the wrong place.
I will move this to the main thread where there are hundreds of Genesis users.

2 Likes

This watch works best as a totally STANDALONE device. IMHO. Take Apple subjects another place, please.

1 Like

I think the most interesting thing for this member is how it works with Apple phones.
That’s how I read it…

1 Like

agreed insert a simcard and dont bother to connect it to a phone i do the same

1 Like

As an apple user I advice you to stay with Apple eco system i have used Apple eco system for 4 years and worked best with other Apple product without any problem when want to use other brands only headache . The best solution is probably try to configure your watch with your apple account as a standalone and see how it goes

3 Likes

For years i attempted to connect these watches to apple phones . You can but there is always something lacking - missing which will frustrate you. For example wiiwatch will not give you all the functions it would give you with a android phone . Watchdroid is a great option but again wont work with IOS . I agree in you case it best used as it is intended ( standalone with sim )

@Glitterfart. Thank you. I don’t understand why their offered up the way they are in light of the known issues.

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu . Thank you for that. I know Apple has proprietary Apps that no one can use outside of them but I’m also aware Android based products can access (for lack of better words) shareware. I just didn’t expect it to be so hard. Even though you see all these Android products offer compatibility to my product, I’ve never heard or seen 1 complaint or anything. If I had, I wouldn’t have bought the watch I’m returning and when researching it, I never came across any horrible reviews.

@DirkDH, I was directed here by Jason from Kronos. I’m interested in his watch so I asked if he might be able to answer a couple of questions but he sent me here. My questions aren’t for my Apple product, per say, but more for trying to determine if any of these Smartwatches that are deemed compatible with iOS will work in full, in part or have on going problems.