The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

i just read alrod is aware of the malfunctioning standard watchfaces this is a link with the working facing according to alrod havent checked it yet

1 Like

Yep that makes sense thanks @Glitterfart

Its floating toucher for @Glitterfart👍

1st day of use for my Kronos and sitting at around 60% battery which is very good in my opinion, especially since I did a couple phone calls and quite a few other things. Despite what someone else has said, I really like the boot up music. I find the screen and typing to be very responsive as well. Had some broken up sounding ring tone when calling but calls were reasonably clear. With the moisture getting in that some have mentioned I do wonder if the rubber gasket is a little too thin to do its job around the SIM cover, also how tight is the seating/sealing around the heart rate detector? Anyway, so far so good, I shall be taping up the cover before I do any jogging runs.

1 Like

still have issues I installed the modified watchfaces when tapping the weather app the camera comes up

@Glitterfart You have two of these now.
Try both

yeah i tried the original is working correctly the one I previously posted not in the modified faces

how to download from alrod site need to donate to get a downloader ???

That is the trade off for a transflective screen. I have both kinds of screens and I would choose transflective everytime. I’m not watching videos on my watch, I need it to be functional in the sunshine. Slightly less brightness and colour is not a problem for me. Having said that I think the Kronos has excellent colour for a transflective screen. Seems better than my Thor Pro (which has a rusted out sim compartment)

Not for these faces you don’t.
I will ask Jason.
Unless you want some other face?

yeah i was looking into other faces ill ask alrod no problem to donate will look into it

1 Like

agreed the transflective is much better was just asking no problem at all for me

1 Like

You know that we have a massive watch face section here?

2 Likes

I wouldnt pay for them :wink:

1 Like

@Glitterfart What is not working on this face?
It is not supposed to open calendar

@Glitterfart this is supposed to open camera… Even though the icon is confusing in the middle

well i got both now original opens weather app 2nd camera
all good for me

1 Like

Yep that’s exactly right now :+1::+1::+1:

Do you have a sim installed? What functions had you turned on (among wifi,bt,data,gps,wrist movement)? What was the brightness level? 40% loss on a 24h use? Excuse me if i ask a lot of questions, but a week ago i was sure that i will buy the watch, but now i’m a little worried about moisture problems and other problems that come up…

1 Like

Just to be clear - only 2 people out of 500 have reported that moisture problem.
Just thought you should know.

2 Likes

Being playing around with the watch for 3 days now. Here are my comments so far:

1- Used the watch as my primary communication device (mainly phone, WhatsApp and Spotify while running) by the end of the day, I still has 15% to 20% battery left. My usage was slightly above medium (Bluetooth and data turned on) . So one full charge is more than adequate for me. I haven’t had the chance to use the portable dock.

2- Initially, I have some issues with Watch Droid. Even after pairing I was not receiving any messages on my phone. In the end, I erased app data from my phone app, reinstalled and repaired, it started working miraculously.

3- Disabled Chrome and installed Via browser. I’ve never been a fan of Chrome (use Opera on all other devices). It appears to be a simple light browser.

4- If you are like me and hate the bootup tune, put the watch in silent mode before shutting down. When the watch restarts, it will vibrate only. Until a better solution is out, it is probably the best compromise as I do not want to root my phone to delete the media file. Jason - Great watch but the tune’s gotta go mate.

5- My sim cover had no gasket, so I have covered it with tape. Seems to have solved the sweat/running issue. I did find the watch a bit too bulky to run though, maybe I’ll get used to it weight in the coming days.

Overall, loving the Genesis. Jason and the team did a fantastic job and look forward to their future projects.

Any app recommendations greatly appreciated as this is my first “proper” smartwatch.

One funny thing, I received my order without any issue. Few days later, DHL calls me to let me know they are holding my parecel and I have to pay 15 quid to have it released, otherwise they will return it to sender.

Edit - spelling mistake

5 Likes