The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

@smile2lee yes I see.
Can you try and use the independent USB cable that connects directly to the watch. No charging dock.
See what happens then when you connect the USB cable to a laptop or PC.

If the watch powers on in any of these situations - please power it off again and monitor the charging.

The other thing I notice is that in all pictures you don’t have the USB power cable attached to your charging dock.

Have you tried using the charging dock with the USB power cable plugged in to both a power source and the dock?

As I said before, we will work though each step one by one and see what happens.

Cheers.

1 Like

Yes, I have tried with my USB cable attached to the wrist dock and yes I have tried connecting directly to the watch with the independent USB cable to different power sources.

Now I tried to use the USB cable to my both my laptops (private and work) and on my private laptop I got the red battery again og the display went dark again. I also tried different PC USB ports.

Yesterday I also tried with tons of different powerbanks, I have.

Still no continueing charging on watch.

@smile2lee Ok, one more thing.
Can you connect the watch to a laptop or PC with the “direct attach” USB cable and leave it for a few hours please?

Then update us with the results afterwards.
We are looking for this:
a) is it warm to touch?
b) has it taken any charge at all?

All the information get is extremely important.
Thanks.
Pablo11.

2 Likes

The watch has been in my laptop, since I wrote last.

I will keep you updated.

So it has been 3 hours and there is no charge at all
The watch is semi warm ish

Have you tried this

1 Like

Ha ha… I will try it. I once read same kind of tip with a harddrive.

1 Like

It worked for him so worth a go :+1:

Unfortunately the fridge tip did not work.

Ok. Here’s an example.

On the left, Optimus Pro and the Kronos is on the right. Both are @100% brightness.

Text can be so hard to read, I’m a

lmost at the point where I’m going to have to switch back to the Optimus…

@CmdrKhaos Hey mate.
Where did that bezel come from? It’s a Tag bezel isn’t it?
Anyway, this is not an amoled screen and this screen brightness is normal.
Is not 400 x 400 resolution either.
It’s the only screen that works in high daylight and I think this is what Jason was more focused on.
So the brightness is normal

The Big Font app is designed to increase the readability for old gits like us E :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@smile2lee After putting it in the the refrigerator to cool down - that is when pressing and holding both buttons for 30 - 50 seconds has worked.

1 Like

Sorry to say, I have now tried the fridge again, afterwards holding both bottons in for over 50 sek. Putting the watch in the wrist dock charger. The watch will not charge or turn on. 2 pictures.

Then I connected the watch again to my laptop and still no charge only red battery like before.

Also tried holding both bottons in while in laptop with the cable charger.

@smile2lee Ok,
I have notified Jason and he knows that you will be getting in touch with him again.
Crazy problem…
Thanks for trying :+1:

2 Likes

Okay, so do you want me to contact him again or what?

And thanks for the help so far :+1:

I have already told him.
So yes, email him.

1 Like

Don’t you hate getting old. Still feel 30…but the body says NOPE!

OK… I agree that all reflective screens are totally different animals than Amoled. However, of the sample reflective screens I saw and dealt with when you and I were on project…the contrast and differences in color vibrancy were apparent…but I don’t remember the brightness being this big of an issue.

FOR EXMAPLE:
This comparison was made in 2015. The left is a cheap Chinese reflective 240x240 @ 6% brightness vs (right) Samsung’s 320x320 amoled @ 33% brightness!

Font app is a great addition, but doesn’t seem to affect most apps I use.

So, what’s your opinion on the bezel? Like, dislike?

I understand…
But this is THE only reflective screen available in Shenzehn.
As we explored in the past - having anything imported into Shenzehn is like cutting your leg off :grin:
Jason had this choice only.

I have to wear glasses now.
At 53 my eyes are not good.

The bezel is ok but looks a little out of place :grin:

Same here…remember we are both X gen!!! :eyeglasses:

YES!!! I certainly do remember the “issues” we had with most ALL the vendors there.

Well, if this was all that was available…I get it. So…That’s just too bad. It’s the only constant negative I have. BTW, do you happen to know if this a reflective, transflective or transmissive display?