The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

Thanks guys :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed watchdroid ver 9.1 on phone and assistant on watch. I receive and reply to text, and am alerted when a voice call comes in to either answer (with phoneā€¦going to try headphones or earbuds), ignore, or curiously text the caller, or hangup. So I can involve my phone or ignore the call. I have a sim installed so I can make calls, the receiver wonā€™t know itā€™s me however because of the different number.

You will have to let people you regularly contact know that you have an additional number if they donā€™t figure it out for themselves. If they add it to the contact they have for you it will show up as you.

3 Likes

My wife has DirkWatch and DirkPhone in her contact list.
When I am out and about she normally calls my watch because I leave phone home.,

2 Likes

My Genesis has seemingly died. Plugged it in to charge up a little while ago, just started hearing loading and unloading notification sounds from my computer. Went to check, Genesis had switched itself off. Wonā€™t turn on. Feels warmā€¦ :frowning:

Oh dear. :pensive:
Can you try press and hold both top and bottom buttons down for at least 30 - 45 seconds or more? Once you have left it to cool down I mean.
Sometimes a thermal trip can put these things in to safe mode

2 Likes

You are a genius!

2 Likes

Also, in my panic I had forgotten I had done a factory reset just prior ! I did this because I had been experiencing some garbled sound during calls.

1 Like

I am very happy to have helped.
This method has worked for many watches in the past.
Sometimes it takes a long press for almost 50 seconds and many people donā€™t think it is going to work after 10 or 20 seconds and give up.

Out of curiosity - how long do you think you had to keep both buttons pressed?

1 Like

Well I think I counted to 20ā€¦or so

1 Like

@aeger Very goodā€¦
Thanks for the update :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi friends,
have you seen this?

This guy installed novalauncher, battery always top and WatchDroid and the battery stays 2 days.
Tonight i will try it on my own.
Keep you informed
Regards

3 Likes

Very cool @Hans_Broker

re the sim card door, mine has a seal but it is very twisted, very hard to see unless you use a magnifying glass. But due to the way the seal was fitted and the twist it has several low spots where there is no compression and obviously no seal . I would say from looking at this it was incorrectly fitted at the factory and rolled on rather then stretched on giving the twist in the rubber and so letting moisture in. If this is the case with other peoples watches perhaps we could have new rubber seals posted out and fit them correctly without rolling them on.

3 Likes

Yup i actually did this as well. Here is how mine is currently set up. I definitely love the customization of it, but to be honest, i miss the bubbles haha.

2 Likes

Great information, I have a question about something you mentioned regarding updating the watch droid app on the phone. How does updating the phone app provide more calling properties? I have been careful to install watchdroid ver 9.1 on both watch and phoneā€¦I was informed that to possibly have enhanced call functions, to not update the watchdroid apps. Are you saying that to update the phone app only will help with bluetooth calling on the watch. Please explain. TIA

1 Like

Are you using a multi sim?

I apologize, not sure what you mean by multi sim. I am using a sim in my watch but for data only, I did not have another line set up. So i can access my data plan and use apps like fb messenger, whatsapp, and all the google product offerings without my phone, but i still need to be tethered in order to make/receive calls and texts. Also, I did use Nova Launcher for a few days and i did like it, but last night switched back to the normal launcher with floating toucher. I also downloaded a custom watch face from the round watch face thread on this forum that has active complications that fit what i was looking for. I am sure i will probably switch between launchers every now and again just to change things up.

Good News!!! I got my shipping confirmation on #4734 today and my watch should be here Monday!!!

Iā€™m STOKED. Anybody wanna buy an Fossil Explorist lol.

As for Nova launcher on the watchface I really like the idea and functionality that Iā€™m used to from my smartphone on my watch. But, I want my watch to look different lol. What happens if you install a clock wallpaper or widget from the play store? Will it populate the entire screen?

Any reviews on sleep monitoring? Not really sure I need it but, since I can I may as well

Edit: added order number

1 Like

I am curious to know how well the gps is performing in this watch,
anyone that owns it can comment on that?
Thank you