Genesis Firmware and discussion - updated FW added to the folder

as soon as I place the watch into the dock the lights come on, nothing happens when I press the button while watch is in the dock. Dock is fully charged. Its trying to do something as the watch gets warm while in the dock. If I plug the watch into my computer via the supplied cable, it is not recognized as anything other than a non responsive USB. At this point, it does not appear to be a charging issue, there is a defect in the watch preventing it from powering up or the connection to the battery is bad. I’m not a tech, I just want something other than a $200 piece of plastic on my wrist!

@troutbum Ok fair enough and thank you for your efforts.
I have to try and work through each scenario and I apologise for all the questions.

It seems to be that there is a thermal shutdown happening.
It’s supposed to be temporary but in this case it is not behaving correctly.

Long press of both buttons is supposed to release the lock and the Watch should then go back to normal.

Today I will be talking to the firmware team about this as we have 3 people now with this issue. You are one and @Cedric_calixte and @FinalTouch0511.

They will look into this with the factory.
Meanwhile I have let @Kronos_Blade know about it as well, obviously.

We will do what we can to get this resolved for you.

Cheers

Pablo11

2 Likes

Thank You Pablo your help appreciated.

@FinalTouch0511 no worries.
We will keep you updated :+1:

1 Like

My watch also has problems.it’s not charged. I’m waiting for an answer too.

@tanawat1969 @FinalTouch0511 @Cedric_calixte @troutbum Have a look at this and the posts after it…
I hope it helps.
It seems that holding the buttons down for longer helps.

1 Like

I held it down for a full minute and it did not work.

So where do we go from here? I Just can’t do anything with it?

I suspect that if you have tried everything and nothing is working then you have no choice but to talk to Jason about it.
I guess you don’t have any other USB cables of this type you can use?
Have you tried different USB ports?
We are really out of options to be able to help you.
We can provide technical support but not hardware.

3 Likes

Yes I have tried 2.0and 3.0 usb on the computer. Ok, thank you I’ll contact Jason.

1 Like

Ok,
Sorry we have not been able to help with this one.
Cheers

1 Like

I want you to connect the watch to the computer via USB. Can I watch as an example and make a video to watch?

Have you looked at the youtube channel linked on the top of this page in the banner?

2 Likes

you saved my watch

1 Like

@BENOIT_DION what happened?
I’m sorry, I get caught up with so many different conversations…

By the way, full instructions and drivers needed are posted in the firmware thread.
The updated driver installation is soooo much easier. One click and done! You can find it here.:

Is there a possibility of using live wallpapers on the Genisis? I need to use watchmaker live so I can use a custom watch face that displays my blood glucose from xdrip. Unless someone has a better solution .

@maerlyn13 Animated faces should work by default.
Have you looked at the watch face section here?
It’s huge and many skilled people who can help you.

Live wallpaper usually don’t work on our watches.

1 Like

As @Eric_Crochemore said this wont work but you can use moving .gif files in clockskins ( not wallpapers ) . As long as the files are not too big and crash to clockskin engine . You can sometimes get two .gifs to work on one clockskin but rarely as watch will struggle and one will stop . I will send you a example

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu can WFD use animated sources?
It would be great if it is possible.