Sim card issues

Nov 15, 2018 19:19:49 GMT 1 movieifx said:

Nov 15, 2018 17:39:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
have you done any update lately?

I updated to 20181009 about 2 weeks ago and has been fine since …until this morning. I tried reflashing that version and made no change so I’m going to download original and flash that but I’m not holding out much hope.

As I suspected flashing 20180830 made no difference.
Nov 15, 2018 19:24:44 GMT 1 movieifx said:
Nov 15, 2018 19:19:49 GMT 1 movieifx said:
I updated to 20181009 about 2 weeks ago and has been fine since ...until this morning. I tried reflashing that version and made no change so I'm going to download original and flash that but I'm not holding out much hope.

As I suspected flashing 20180830 made no difference.

I will reach out to LEMFO-UK where I bought it from in September.   Unless anyone else has any ideas ?

Ok everyone,

This has been an issue for a while now and I have not been able to get anyone to test the possible solution.

The base issue I suspect, is that the IMEI numbers that are issued to some brands in Shenzhen are not acceptable in some countries. In USA, India and some other countries it seems that the governing body for cellular communications has become very strict about security and permitted IMEI number ranges.

It can also be caused by bad antennas or bad sim tray - so be sure to check these first.

Basically I suspect that if the IMEI has not been generated by one of the the telcos local to your country it could be blocked by the network.

To prove this is quite difficult because it involves cloning the IMEI from a WORKING CELL PHONE to the watch and testing again.
This procedure is frowned upon and even illegal in some places.

So we don’t describe the method here - but, as usual - google is your friend

If anyone wants to test this it is of course your responsibility and you accept the risks.

Search the Internet for the most recent MTK IMEI information.
Be careful!! Many of the downloads can have viruses!!!

Research the process for using the tool - it is not simple and must be used with caution. Be sure that you understand the process before trying it.

You will also need the latest FULL firmware package. The database and modem files are included in the package.

Then you need to write down the IMEI from your cell phone that works and then power it off.

Once you have changed the IMEI of the watch to number you have just got from your phone - insert the sim card in the watch and factory reset the watch.

If it boots up and works then we will know that the original IMEI is blocked.

Remember, do this at your own risk and if you have any doubts at all - don’t do it.

Please don’t ask for help with this process or link any website or software related to changing IMEI to here - it really is something that we cannot support for legal reasons.

Good luck.

Cheers

Pablo11.

Hi Pablo

OK without going into details I have tried the above approach and whilst the process worked, it did not solve the problem. The watch still acts as if it has no SIM. Lemfo UK have responded and have disappointingly simply given me an address in China to send the watch to for repair. You would have thought that buying from Lemfo UK from UK stock they would have better service than that.

Not sure how would check antenna ? SIM tray and SIM all look ok and as I said SIM is ok in other phone.

Looks like unless anyone has any other suggestions to try I’ll have to ship it China. Regardless of how this pans out, going to be last Lemfo product I buy.

Nov 16, 2018 15:51:49 GMT 1 movieifx said:

before you do that, can you check your imei? also can you use different sim after you check imei? i just wonder if something changed there.

Nov 16, 2018 19:49:29 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 16, 2018 15:51:49 GMT 1 movieifx said:

before you do that, can you check your imei? also can you use different sim after you check imei? i just wonder if something changed there.

Like I said I used an writer and swapped the imei which didn’t help. I’ve put the original back. Already tried different sim. Same thing and as I said sims are OK in other devices.

Hi to all

I have also a problem to connect with my lemfo lef2 in the US. When I checke the imei I got this information:

Brand: Xiaomi
Phone model: Redmi 4A
Blacklist status: CLEAN

Is there a stolen imei in this watch? I got it this way from lemfo store.

Thanks

Hans65

Nov 15, 2018 23:20:31 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Ok everyone,

This has been an issue for a while now and I have not been able to get anyone to test the possible solution.

The base issue I suspect, is that the IMEI numbers that are issued to some brands in Shenzhen are not acceptable in some countries. In USA, India and some other countries it seems that the governing body for cellular communications has become very strict about security and permitted IMEI number ranges.

It can also be caused by bad antennas or bad sim tray - so be sure to check these first.

Basically I suspect that if the IMEI has not been generated by one of the the telcos local to your country it could be blocked by the network.

To prove this is quite difficult because it involves cloning the IMEI from a WORKING CELL PHONE to the watch and testing again.

If anyone wants to test this it is of course your responsibility and you accept the risks.

Search the Internet for the most recent version MTK IMEI Problem

Research the process for using the tool - it is not simple and must be used with caution. Be sure that you understand the process before trying it.

You will also need the latest FULL firmware package. The database and modem files are included in the package.

Then you need to write down the IMEI from your cell phone that works and then power it off.

Once you have changed the IMEI of the watch to number you have just got from your phone - insert the sim card in the watch and factory reset the watch.

Remember, do this at your own risk and if you have any doubts at all - don’t do it.

Please don’t ask for help with this process or link any website or software related to changing IMEI to here - it really is something that we cannot support for legal reasons.

Good luck.

Cheers

Pablo11.

Hi Pablo

Thanks. This worked like a charm. Iam able to use 4G now and all the cell functions
Earlier when I changed IMEI number I used a random one hence it didn’t work. With your post it was clear I had to use IMEI number given by local telecos. I used a IMEI of one my dead phone and that was the trick.

Model lemfo lemx network is not supported 2g 3g, 4 sim tried Jio, airtel,idea,Vodafone, only idea sim support 4g net work, 3g net Work not supported, what’s problem? Pl help me

Nov 18, 2018 9:12:47 GMT 1 cvgawande said:
Model lemfo lemx network is not supported 2g 3g, 4 sim tried Jio, airtel,idea,Vodafone, only idea sim support 4g net work, 3g net Work not supported, what's problem? Pl help me

IMEI series given to LEMX is blocked by major service providers in india.
If you want to use 3G BSNL works but note only data works and calling functions still won’t work.

Nov 17, 2018 0:42:05 GMT 1 hans65 said:
Hi to all

I have also a problem to connect with my lemfo lef2 in the US. When I checke the imei I got this information:

Brand: Xiaomi
Phone model: Redmi 4A
Blacklist status: CLEAN

Is there a stolen imei in this watch? I got it this way from lemfo store.

Thanks

Hans65

Is somebody here in this forum from Lemfo? I’ve sent a request about this problem by facebook, no reaction. Is somebody else here to give me an answer?

hans65

what do you mean “problem to connect with my lemfo lef2”?

Nov 21, 2018 4:31:04 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:hans65

what do you mean “problem to connect with my lemfo lef2”?

The same problem some other people have, connecting to a network provider. I can search but no provider shows up. Sim card is installed but I can’t make or receive any calls.

I think it is very strange the imei is registered to another brand then lemfo. What do you think?

hans65 so you do’nt have any cellular connection? i’ll msg you.

Pablo I am facing similar issues with lemx. Could you please send me a method to change the IMEI number. if it can be done without rooting and unlocking the bootloader that would be just great as OTA updates will not be lost

Hi Pablo, my email address is ggundap@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2018 23:20:31 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Ok everyone,

Search the Internet for the most recent version of a tool called SN Writer.

Good luck.

Cheers

Pablo11.

Nov 22, 2018 5:46:17 GMT 1 gautamgundap said:
Pablo I am facing similar issues with lemx. Could you please send me a method to change the IMEI number. . if it can be done without rooting and unlocking the bootloader that would be just great as OTA updates will not be lost

read this.

Hi everyone, I have got the solution to GSM services like SMS and CALLS not working and also 4G not working. I can provide the solution without root, without unlocking bootloader, on the original stock rom. After the fix you will still be able to receive OTA updates. Please email me at ggundap@gmail.com for the procedure. This will be a permanent fix, it does not matter later on if you do factory reset, install custom rom, format and install stock or custom rom, root, etc. The issue is resolved permanently

Nov 23, 2018 16:41:04 GMT 1 gautamgundap said:
Hi everyone, I have got the solution to GSM services like SMS and CALLS not working and also 4G not working. I can provide the solution without root, without unlocking bootloader, on the original stock rom. After the fix you will still be able to receive OTA updates. Please email me at ggundap@gmail.com for the procedure. This will be a permanent fix, it does not matter later on if you do factory reset, install custom rom, format and install stock or custom rom, root, etc. The issue is resolved permanently

You can leave the procedure here , people who need it will find it useful it’s public forum

Unless it’s illegal

Nov 23, 2018 20:55:28 GMT 1 karthikborkar said:
Nov 23, 2018 16:41:04 GMT 1 gautamgundap said:

You can leave the procedure here , people who need it will find it useful it’s public forum

Unless it’s illegal

It is sort of illegal. I cannot say it is totally illegal because it is something new, like manufacturing something for the first time and then registering it legally. Doing it after registration would be technically illegal.