Sim card issues

Nov 2, 2018 10:08:51 GMT 1 karthikborkar said:
Update from LEMFO.

Apparently, all the Indian networks have blocked LEMFO device.

I have seen Zeblaze smartwatch work with the same hardware underneath.

soniasophie9697 and seyelive thanks for trying to help.

soniasophie9697 Has someone tried flashing Zeblaze Android 7.1.1 on LEMX?

Nov 3, 2018 5:46:27 GMT 1 karthikborkar said:
Was able to get data working from one operator BSNL

Watch seems fine.

why would they block these watches? :confused: i’m not sure let me check but boubt that, what do you mean data works? that means that cellular should work.

I know right . Why would they block it. Seller himself told this and he also said he will be a full refund if I return. I was happy with watch nonetheless since it wasn’t faulty

Yes I know it’s weird data works but cellular doesn’t . Even I was surprised but I’m happy at least that works. So BSNL is a state run telecom and lags may be 5-10 years behind private sectors. They don’t even have 4G yet
So they let me register on the network and I saw data is working.

But when I try to call it doesn’t say anything and exits

When I try to send USSD I get

When I try to call the watch from other device it say not reachable .

There might be other operators who might still allow this watch but none of the major players allow at the moment.

karthikborkar

i wonder if with root you’ll be able to fix this issue.

Nov 3, 2018 19:23:03 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:karthikborkar

i wonder if with root you’ll be able to fix this issue.

It’s already rooted. I have tried changing brand name and stuff didn’t work.

Can you suggest something else that can be tried?

karthikborkar

your watch is rooted??? since when?

Nov 3, 2018 19:26:21 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:karthikborkar

your watch is rooted??? since when?

I rooted it. Few days back. To try to see if changing brand name works.
Saw TWRP for LEMx on this forum. Used it and Magisk to root.

karthikborkar

try flashing back and remove root to see if that can fix the issue, i know you had the problem before but might flashing the latest firmware might solve the issue (doubt but worth to try).

Nov 4, 2018 3:11:36 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:karthikborkar

try flashing back and remove root to see if that can fix the issue, i know you had the problem before but might flashing the latest firmware might solve the issue (doubt but worth to try).

Have tried multiple times. Don’t see a issue with firmware .

karthikborkar

i just do’nt see the issue with the 3g cos it seems that it does recognize the sim and APNs are there so it should be fine, have you tried put it on 2g and check?

Yes, 2G/3G works from the same operator. This operator doesn’t support 4G.
One thing i have noticed is when using 3G for sometime watch heats up like crazy , Same doesn’t happen over WIFI

Nov 4, 2018 15:45:09 GMT 1 karthikborkar said:
Yes, 2G/3G works from the same operator. This operator doesn't support 4G. One thing i have noticed is when using 3G for sometime watch heats up like crazy , Same doesn't happen over WIFI

that means that the watch trying to stay connected and that there is'nt much coverage for it, you need to remember this is a small device that means also short antennas, most likely this is the reason for most of your issue with 4g and 3g, put it only on 2g, NOT 3g and see how it behave.

Yes I agree about the limitations, Will try out with 2G but I hate the speeds in 2G here.

I am in the same boat as you. I also purchased this watch and I’m in India. Tried Airtel, Jio and Tata Docomo. None worked. Have you tried changing the IMEI number. I have all my doubts on that to be the issue. A lot of gsm devices from China are manufactured with the same IMEI number. This is red flagged and the device gets blocked in Indian service providers as per trai regulations. Let me know if you find any luck after changing the IMEI number. I plan to try this next week when I get time.

himtec

I have tried changing IMEI it didn’t help me but let me know if it helps you.
The only provider that works for me is BSNL in 3G/2G.

Aircel i haven’t tried yet.

Karthik,
How did you change the IMEI. I rooted the device. and then tried chamelephon app for MTK. it didnt change the IMEI. Can you suggest any way out.

Nov 8, 2018 5:59:30 GMT 1 karthikborkar said:
himtec

Nov 10, 2018 20:07:39 GMT 1 himtec said:
Karthik,
How did you change the IMEI. I rooted the device. and then tried chamelephon app for MTK. it didnt change the IMEI. Can you suggest any way out.

guys, you can talk of that metter in private you can’t do this on the forum cos it is illegal so plz no imei changing on the forum, thanks.

Nov 11, 2018 3:19:49 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 8, 2018 5:59:30 GMT 1 karthikborkar said:
himtec

Nov 10, 2018 20:07:39 GMT 1 himtec said:
Karthik,

guys, you can talk of that metter in private you can’t do this on the forum cos it is elligal so plz no imei changing on the forum, thanks.

Got it. Sorry

I’m getting worried about this blocking of lemfo devices. I’m in UK but as of this morning my lemx says no sim card inserted and won’t connect to anything to make calls etc. Tried swapping sim card with phone and does same and sim works in phone. Factory reset and no change.

Nov 15, 2018 15:33:47 GMT 1 movieifx said:
I'm getting worried about this blocking of lemfo devices. I'm in UK but as of this morning my lemx says no sim card inserted and won't connect to anything to make calls etc. Tried swapping sim card with phone and does same and sim works in phone. Factory reset and no change.

have you done any update lately?

Nov 15, 2018 17:39:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 15, 2018 15:33:47 GMT 1 movieifx said:
I’m getting worried about this blocking of lemfo devices. I’m in UK but as of this morning my lemx says no sim card inserted and won’t connect to anything to make calls etc. Tried swapping sim card with phone and does same and sim works in phone. Factory reset and no change.

have you done any update lately?

I updated to 20181009 about 2 weeks ago and has been fine since …until this morning. I tried reflashing that version and made no change so I’m going to download original and flash that but I’m not holding out much hope.