Difficulties upgrading

Where can I find the stock rom? And is the version 1 the legacy rom, if so the links do not work.

the stock rom is 1.4 and you’ll find the newest version of 1.0 in the top post of the following thread: International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

2 Likes

thanks, BUT version 1 that you referred to is a zip file and version 1.4 does not have local update

That’s correct.
Stock firmware requires flash tools and the international firmware is for updating from the watch storage using the built in OTA software.

okay, when i put the version faw 1 in watch storage the file is a zip and there are question marks on all the other files in the zip, then it says file is unknown format

I hope you read up on how to use the update zip? This is for the S10 LEM 14 but it is the same as all the other watches.

Make sure you only download the FAW firmware from this post. V1.0 is attached to it

When I ordered my watch version was 1.5

Does not matter.
If you flash 1.4 you can take the OTA if it is available.
Or just update to International v1.0.
Either way, flashing v1.4 stock is fine
Just remember that you need flash tools to install stock firmware.

1 Like

After flash just tried OTA update no update available.
But in the end end up with FAW 1.0 cause tap to wake function is really nice I am trying to avoid buttons use to make their life longer :grin::grin:

Yep, fair enough :+1:

Thank you, I’m now at version 1.0 now can I go to 1.2 or do I need to go to 1.1 then 1.2. I’ve tried 1.2 but got the dead robot.

what option i have to choose for downgrading from the drop down of SP Tool
There are three option here
Can i directly flash 1.4 from 1.3 B3
or
i have to flash 1.0 first than flash 1.4

what option do i have to choose from the drop down for downgrading the FAW

Just flash it using firmware upgrade mode.

If you have read up on the process you will find out.
Anyway, if you use download only you should factory reset.
Use firmware upgrade option means that you don’t need to factory reset.

Just NEVER use format all + download or you will lose imei and Mac addresses etc…

2 Likes

What would cause version 1.1 or 1.2 not to install?

for example if you’re unzipping the downloaded zipfile and then in the local update menu selecting the compatibility.zip inside it will cause it to fail.

Or it could fail if the version of 1.0 you have installed is an old version that supports local update, but that expects the update to be signed with the old key instead of the new one (I don’t remember if such a version exists though)(but if you installed it with a newly downloaded zip, that should not be the problem)

Could it be that versions 1.1 and 1.2 have older security certificates compared to version 1.0? The version 1.0 I have installed was just downloaded from this site

Personally i think you are not following the instructions correctly .

Flash the stock firmware using flash tools and selecting firmware upgrade on a pc .

Install V1.0 using the local update method ( no pc )

Then install the latest version using local update method ( no pc )

Thanks

2 Likes

it’s unlikely, but you could test it by going back to 1.4 and then try to update directly to 1.2