Prime hard reset

hello there,
Recently got the prime 4g from banggood.com was going very well, during in developer option accidently changed the screen resolution into dual and into 4k mode. now the screen is unresponsive to apply actions only able to view calls and messages. did it occured to anyone? tried to hard reset by the home button its going only back and forth.

2 Likes

Have you tried to flash the firmware again?

1 Like

Can you actually see and get to the settings menu ? If so you need to peform a full factory reset . If not you will have to flash the firmware posted on this forum with a Pc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xa7e_4byI8UrTvZ62eMj_C_YVtalB57_/view?usp=drivesdk

@danggu there is only one way to fix this and it is by flashing the firmware as @Dr_Andy_Vishnu has mentioned above.

This has happens almost every time someone discovers developer options and assumes that the watch is like a phone.
Unfortunately the gpu and screen are very different.

Just perform the firmware flash and everything will be fine.
Cheers

2 Likes

Is the flash also the only remedy when the code for the screenlock is forgotten ?

1 Like

Yes.
Until OTA.

@Dotsfar I will share what the problem is.
Unfortunately I have no one who can test the heart rate sensor performance on dark skin…
@none was interested and the improvements he found have been built in to the new version 2.5.
The firmware guys are very grateful for the work that @none has done.
Now the problem is that we have no idea if it has solved the problem or not.

If we get correct positive feedback then it will go to OTA for sure.

This is my problem.

Cheers
Pablo11

Hi @pablo11,

I think this was answer for me eagerly asking for OTA in the Kospet firmware thread, thank you for that :ok_hand:

My question here was related to this thread if how to hard reset. In this case, when the lock code for the screenlock is forgotten, is there any key kombination during reboot or otherwise, which will do a factory reset, like we can do on phones, or is the only possibility to do a flash of fresh firmware ?
I am asking to provide an answer for such question in the Facebook group.

No, as I have said many times and Kospet knows this.
Once screen lock is forgotten, the only way to fix it is to flash the firmware.
That’s it.
It is secure for a very good reason.
Protection of user data

2 Likes

And that’s good, protection of our data. They would be equally well protected though, if a key combination deleted all the data and made a factory reset, like many phones can. I am not asking for a backdoor where the data would still be there.

Thx, will pass that on and recommend this community.

1 Like

@Dotsfar
Yes I completely understand and we get a few people who have this issue.
Sadly these devices are not capable of the same functionality as a regular mobile phone.
Factory reset by ADB might be a possible solution if USB debugging is enabled.
However, I am not sure if commands are accepted in locked mode.
I also think that after all the messing about (because a full wipe will happen anyway) with adb - the user might as well flash the firmware.
Just my opinion…

1 Like

how do i flush my kospet smartwatch pls??

Settings - reset equipment

1 Like

Hi friend, I have the same problem as you solved? I would be grateful to you. Thanks

The only way to fix this problem is to flash the firmware.
Which model Kospet Prime do you have?

If you have USB debugging enabled and you know how to use ADB shell - you might be able to do it.

But you will have to research it on the Web.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: LEMFO LEM P 4gb + 64gb (Prime style watch) support thread