Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Thanks @G1NT0N1C.
That is lucky indeed.
Good news :+1:

Top post firmware updated.
Available by request

1 Like

What is this v2.0? Does it have changelog? My 64GB and 128GB on stock donā€™t seem to find any update

@Noispirit

1 Like

Thanks Pablo!

1 Like

@reni_moto ā€œI have Optimus 2 hours and I have already tried to use the SIM card to use mobile data from SIM card, I inserted all the same APN as on the phone. The rest works. Maybe anyone knows what my problemā€¦ā€

This is where you ask questions about your problem.

By the way, you should check a couple of things.
Can you make a phone call?
Sometimes the Sim is not inserted correctly when you slide the Sim tray in the watch.
You can also check that your IMEI number is there in watch settings / about watch / status.

Lastly you need to make sure that you have enabled the cellular data by swiping down from the main watch face screen and then swipe left.
You will see the quick settings there.

The icon in the centre should be like this

1 Like

Says it doesnā€™t work with the version of android on the watchā€¦ I downloaded an app called ā€œassistive volume buttonā€ and that works great

I recently requested download access for the latest firmware of the Optimus 2.

Iā€™m not sure but if requesting access implies the content has been discontinued, I apologize for any inconvenience. Please feel free to ignore my request.

Thanks.

Nope, itā€™s still here.
I will check through the requests.
Apologies for the delay.

No rush at all. I just made the request a short while ago. Whenever you get a chance to process it is fine by me. Thank you.

2 Likes

Itā€™s done.
Check your email :+1:

1 Like

I just downloaded it. I apologize if it came off as if I was rushing you.

2 Likes

Nope, I was a little ā€œslackā€ with my response.
No worries :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have my Optimus 2.arriving today. @pablo11 if you get the time could you please approve my request for the firmware :blush:

Check your email :+1:

2 Likes

Running great now.
Had to downgrade the firmware before updating to the FAW firmware.

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this project.

How did you manage to downgrade? I tried, but the only link accessible without an access request is a .rar file (V1.4_20210707). I converted that to a .zip but it gave me an error. So I still canā€™t install the FAW firmware on my Optimus 2. Everytime I try it it gives me the dead Android icon, despite following all the steps, factory reset, etc.

No need to zip it, just unpack it.
Make sure that you are choose ā€œfirmware updateā€ in flashtool. Check your data cable and clean the contacts. Try another usb port.
V1.4 should work.

I am not using flashtool but the watchā€™s built-in ā€˜wireless updateā€™ option > ā€˜local updateā€™. Is there no way to do it this way?

No. You have to downgrade by using the flashtool.

1 Like