Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

It is a 128 gig i guess ill return it its my third android watch ive never came across this problem before.

Yes, I was thinking exactly that.
It is extremely unusual after a reset that your stock apps are crashing.
It sounds like corruption.
If you want to try flashing, I can provide you with the firmware and the process is documented here and also on the Hovatek website.
Otherwise contact the seller or after-sales@kospet.com

Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you for your help im going to return it to much money to be having problems already.

2 Likes

Well i figured out i have to be tethered to my phone via the goafit app for some of the stock apps to work. I donā€™t understand why they wont work off of my wifi is there anyway around this.

Which apps are theseā€¦?
Have you searched here on the forum with some key words of the apps?
There is a lot of information here and the search engine at the top of the website is great.
I never use Gaofit.
So unless you specify what apps you meanā€¦ I donā€™t know.

The watch face app and the app store not the google but the one that bothers me the most is the weather app.

The weather app will work fine if you enable Google location accuracy and sign in with your Google account.
It will probably need a Sim card because it was developed in China and uses Chinese location services.
Thatā€™s why we built an international google based firmware.

Anyway, about the watch face appā€¦ We never use it and you donā€™t need to use Gaofit to use that app.
Or the third party app store.
All these things work without Gaofit tethered from your phone.

Are you using Wi-Fi or Sim card for data?
Most importantly - what is your location in the world?
Iā€™m curious to understand why you are not using the google play store?

But all of these apps work perfectly well with Wi-Fi enabled and no need for Gaofit app.
Work much better with a Sim card (weather for example) but no need to connect to your phone.

Im signed in to my google account im in the US but none of these apps work without being tethered to goafit app i have no use for that app . Im on wifi and jusi installed sim card this morning.

Weather works without tethering and just a Sim card.
Same as the watch face app and the app store.
Have you enabled Google location accuracy in location settings / advancedā€¦?
You can read about it hereā€¦ No one has to use the GaoFit app to get these working.

Yes google location accuracy is on.

Can you make calls and browse the Web with your Sim card data only?
No Wi-Fi and no tethering.

Yes everything else works fine.

Then there is a problem.
You absolutely do not need Gaofit for weather, watch face store or the third party app store.
Not on my exact same watch anyway.

@G1NT0N1C can you confirm please?
I realise that you might be asleep right nowā€¦ But when you have a chanceā€¦
Cheers

3 Likes

Iā€™ll check it later. :+1:But Iā€™m quite sure its working without gaofit.

Thanks @G1NT0N1C
Yes, I just tested it and I donā€™t have these problems.
A confirmation when you have time would be great :+1:

I just installed the stock firmware (KOSPET_Optimus_Pro_V1.4_20210707).
I can confirm that the weather app works. It is not necessary to connect with GAOFIT beforehand.
However, I left the house to ensure a good GPS connection.

1 Like

I will post the latest firmware for the stock 128gb version.
We will see what happens after testing that version because it is the version that is on the 128gb model when it is purchased.
I believe it is v1.8.

Firmware released as stock on the 128gb model

1 Like

Iā€™ll check this one also.

2 Likes

I used the original firmware a few weeks after getting my 128gb model and I donā€™t recall having any problems with weather updating. I use mine as a full phone replacement so I never had to pair it with gaofit

2 Likes