Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

I can certainly flash an update. Will advise. Thanks…

UPDATE: Succesfully upgraded to v1.6 but the power button is still tempremental. I’ll proceed to contact Kospet after sales. Thanks…

1 Like

@good4life Yep, the spring has collapsed inside the case and the power button becomes almost useless.
after-sales@kospet.com should be able to help you via email. Unless you bought it from Banggood, in which case you need to contact them.

2 Likes

I will post the 1.4 version and remove the new version from the thread.
V1.6 was only meant for @good4life to test a problem he had.

4 Likes

Does anyone know how to activate voice-to-text for messaging on the Optimus 2?
I had it working nicely on my Kospet Prime\SE but on this newer watch there’s no response when I tap the microphone on the keyboard screen. (I get a quick vibration but nothing else)

I think it is better to install Google messages and google assistant.
They have butchered the Google apps so speech to text is not working.

We will be releasing our FAW international firmware soon though, with all Google apps intact and with ridiculous apps removed.

We have been tackling a power consumption issue but we have made a lot of progress. Hopefully we can release it soon :+1:

6 Likes

@pablo11 or anybody else, can you please help me know what materials are used on Optimus 2?. Like the top bezel, the overall body, the keys and the base where the straps hold?
I had put this query on kospet site but didn’t receive a satisfactory or complete detailed answer.

Top bezel ring is ceramic and the body is ABS due to the internal antennas.
The keys are also injection moulded ABS.
There is no metal used on the body due to the interference to the antennas.
The ABS used for the body is extremely strong… No problems with the straps attaching and wearing.

Just like the Prime 2.

For future reference - there will be no metal body watches unless the antenna is put back in the straps.
Obviously that means you can’t change the straps…so it is unlikely.

3 Likes

Thanks @pablo11 . Should I flash back to v1.4 prior to working with after-sales or does it matter?

@good4life no, it’s fine :+1::+1:

1 Like

It is official because I got it directly from the solution provider.
It just has not been pushed out yet

2 Likes

Official firmware does not contain security updates. Only break fix.
This is not WearOS.

Stock firmware added at the end of the first post.

Hi All,

Does anyone use Google Calendar?
I have installed and reinstalled several times, but it just won’t start.

I had that problem on may Kospet prime. I searched here in FAW and it looked like a name conflict with the stock calendar.

When I bought my Rogbid brave pro (lem14) the same problem was there. I loaded the FAW international firmware (doesn’t have the old stock calendar app) google calendar works fine. That, for me, confirms that there was a conflict between the stock calendar and google calendar.

I’m not sure if there’s a fix to get google calendar working with the stock build.

same problem for me, but the calendar function is actually two apps for google, essentially one for storage/sync, and another for presentation, i suspect you’ve just downloaded the one for presentation

here is a link to the storage apps on apkmirror: Calendar Storage APKs - APKMirror

i’ve already given it a go with the newer android 10 version, still doesn’t work for me even though i disabled the stock calendar app as well, let us know if you find a solution

can’t get my google contacts to sync either, i’ve moved the sync toggle in the google account settings but it keeps reverting everytime i exit the screen

reckon i’m just going to wait for the FAW firmware

2 Likes

Strange… I also a have a Prime and alays used Google Calendar with no issues…

I also had a problem with the contacts. I could not get the phone app to show the contact names. I deleted all contacts in the phone, then did a fresh import from my “old phone” (kospet prime), using a vcf export. After that, all contacts works fine, but, they only show on the contacts tab in the Googe Phone app. I also have the Google Contacts app and it says it can’t sync.

1 Like

yep, that’s exactly what i did, imported a vcf file into the stock app

it’s really frustrating they tinker with the underlying google apps, i prefer to standardise with google across my devices

can’t get my google contacts to sync either, i’ve moved the sync toggle in the google account settings but it keeps reverting everytime i exit the screen

This is an issue with Android 10. Apparently the sync ‘module’ needs to be loaded. See this post.

Hope that helps.