Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

I have replied about this.
Yes, you need to organise a replacement asap and it is a bad connection.
I don’t advise that you try to fix it.
Please talk to Banggood and if they give you trouble, let me know.

Cheers

2 Likes

ok, thanks for the help, i will try with Banggood and i will keep you informed :pensive:

2 Likes

Thanks, where are you?
I mean which country do you live in?

I live in Greece.

1 Like

I use one watchface that was written for the Hope, I think. I loaded this face with my normal apps with no hiccups. I have used this watchface on the Prime, LEM12 Pro and know the Optimus 2. I’ve never had an issue until now.

I did load apps that are new to me for this watch since the firmware has deficiencies for me. Apps loaded that are new to me: Button Mapper, Settings Search, Google Contacts sync for Android 10, Organized Drawer. But the are being used by others on this forum without apparent issues.

If my memory serves me correctly, I used Smart Touch Pro just before the apparent crash to adjust the volume while listening to YouTube music via ear buds. I was trying to shut down What Touch Pro when it crashed again and entered not loop that lasted for a couple of hours. The watch was literally sitting on a table boot looping when I looked up and the watchface miraculously appeared. I immediately did a reset.

Now after reset, my power button seems to be misbehaving, two taps to get home screen. Power menu MAY show with holding button but no guarantee. Sometimes I get no response from the button at all and I have to double click the back button to turn on watch. I had to check to see if I was using my Hope, lol.

For me this is a bad sign. I’ll see what tomorrow brings but I think I’ll be returning/exchanging since I’ve only had it for a few days.

1 Like

oh, I’m so sorry for that :weary: :weary: hope you will get a brand new one soon

Please try a factory reset again.

1 Like

Yes @G1NT0N1C is correct.
Start by factory reset.
Button mapper and some of these are not designed to be used on Android 10.
No matter what people say.

Just start fresh and work out what is causing the problem.

1 Like

latest OTA version appears to be 1.4 !

any ideas when 1.6 will be pushed, or even better, an estimate of when you might know if your FAW version will get a go ahead ?

I send a replacement request to Banggood, but i think that i have to wait a couple of days for an aswer… Is it a bad idea to try and flash the firmware you provide above? I mean, i will not make it worse… Will i brick the warranty?

World novelty Kospet Optimus 2 (June 2021)!
I think a firmware with a security patch from April 5th, 2020 gives rise to fear that it will look bad with updates in the future.

/Edit/

Has anyone already installed the new firmware “KOSPET_Optimus2_PIX_V1.6_20210720.zip” and can say something about it?

Seems to be a small update.

2021-07-21

1. The problem of updating historical step count data
  2. Software version number: KOSPET_Optimus2_PIX_V1.6_20210720

Official update received OTA is 1.4. Looks like v1.6 is still not officially rolled out. Maybe a beta version?!.
Experts can comment.

I flashed my v1.4 to v.1.6 this evening and regretted it. While the new firmware runs largely smoothly, it shows bugs in quite a number of apps, including Google Calendar and :Poweramp. It could probably be a beta version which is yet to be finalised before release. I have tried to revert back to 1.4 but can’t find the downgraded version.

Doesn’t the flash tool offer a backup before flashing new firmware?

Have you tried a factory reset? Normaly this should solve your problems.

1 Like

New video from our friend :

Thanks @Sharp79_Channel for the support. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

1 Like

@G1NT0N1C and @pablo11 - Reset completed and successful. However power button is still temperamental. And once awakened, the button doesn’t turn screen off. It has to time out for screen to turn off. The back button works as it should. Further, a long press sometimes brings up the power menu, but not always. Do you think flashing will help this or do you think this is a hardware issue?

NOTE: I’m on the latest OTA, 1.4.

1 Like

I suspect a hardware problem. Nevertheless, you should try whether flashing the firmware solves the problem. Please use the “Firmware update” function in the flashtool.

2 Likes