Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Well put @pablo11 “It doesn’t matter what anyone says - I stand by my opinion that NONE of them can be waterproof” Far safer to assume that it is not, in any way, waterproof and just enjoy using the watch with a few sensible precautions with regard to getting it wet. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

I can totally see your point @Dotsfar :+1: and I daresay that provided you are not trying to run a 4 minute mile then perhaps it wouldn’t be a problem…I guess the only thing you can do is use it as you want…when you want and see how it hold up? Cheers, Doons

1 Like

That is my approach. Have fun with them, protect them as much as possible, and use them for “casual sports”, hoping the fun will last a long time :grinning:
I have my 4th FAW watch now, and none of them have died from my approach. I only have new ones because of excitement with these watches, not that they were worn down.

2 Likes

Right. They shouldn’t add all the sports/fitness tracking features and include people exercising with it in the promo videos if that is the case. I personally treat it the same way I would with a smartphone around water, and use a fit band on the other wrist for heavy duty sports and swimming, but kinda disappointing that I can’t even, say, use it for navigation on my wrist while riding a scooter in light rain.

1 Like

@Benson_Wallace yep, I get that.
But would be be willing to expose your mobile phone to a hot shower or swimming?
Most likely the answer is “no”
So you treat your watch in the same way.
As far as fitness apps and fitness monitoring devices - I would always advise people not to buy an Android phone or watch if this is what you need.

There are devices that you can buy for this purpose, but they are fairly expensive, if you want one that will survive.

Always remember that full Android watches only have a motion detection sensor (accelerometer) and pulse detecting diodes on the rear cover for heart rate…

They are meant to be a miniature mobile phone, and as such have the same pros and cons.
The various brands include “fitness apps” but just remember that they will be able to function like your phone.
They are not primarily designed to be fitness monitoring devices.

Just remember that mobile phones are advertised in the same way.
Fitness apps etc…

Cheers

2 Likes

And here is another casualty
Lesson to be learned here

1 Like

I had a Lem 12 Pro, which I was happy with until moisture ingress during a sports session made it unusable. I then bought an Optimus 2, ALWAYS wore a sweatband on my daily runs and haven’t had a problem for 8 months now.
An unfortunate side effect, however, is that the heart rate measurement no longer works due to the sweatband.

Regarding the wristband . Thats good to know :+1:

Hi everyone, my kospet optimus 2 has started disconnecting from the phone network , like loosing strength, only outside the house its gets half of the signal it did before, I have restarted the watch and its configurations but it did not change, I’m starting to thing somehow the antenna is now weaker or get damaged?

I would check that your Sim card contacts are clean.
Turn Airplane mode on and off and check signal.
Make sure that the same Sim works fine in another mobile phone. Just in case your cellular provider has started to use different bands.

If none of these help, you can email after-sales@kospet.com and talk to them about the problem.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. may kospet optimus 2 can’t make or receive call. it is in v1.7_20211201. text messages can get through but not a call. not even to 911 or network operator hotlines.

i already made the factory reset and tried several sim cards that’s working on my old kospet prime 1. any advice or work arround?

Can you check the IMEI number?
In Settings / About Watch / Status and see if the IMEI number is there…?

If you have stock factory firmware you might even see the IMEI under About Watch without needing to look for Status.

1 Like

thanks for the Pablo. yes the IMEI is there.

I think the IMEI number is banned by your service provider or the APN is not correct.

Is imei changing allowed here?

@sinlaojd
You will have to use the web to research this particular issue.
Legally we can’t discuss this here. Hovatek seems to be a good site for that kind of problem.

1 Like

Somehow I didn’t see this reply. Anyway, I’ve made my peace with the lack of waterproof-ness of the Optimus 2. It does many other things very well and fills the gap that I intended it to fill. Just noticed one minor problem though when trying to take a photo at night. The flash works, for sure, but it seems the timing is off. When I press the button to take a photo, the timing of the flash and the actual photo being taken seem out of sync, so my photos turn out black anyway. I mean, I don’t find myself wanting to take photos at night very often with this thing (and of course, if I did, I would have discovered the problem earlier), and I’ve discovered a Button Mapper workaround that allows me to use the flash as a torch, which is great. But it would be nice to be able to reliably snap a quick picture of something in dark conditions. Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, do you have any suggested workarounds? I notice there are some settings in the camera app but not really sure what they do. Or perhaps a 3rd party app would do the job?

2 Likes

@Benson_Wallace which firmware are you using?
Personally I have only ever had this problem after installing any app that can use the flash light sensor.
The fact that other apps have access to it seems to cause a tiny delay.
At least that’s my experience…

You can check the camera settings and make sure that flash is NOT set to automatic as another test.
If it is set to be “always enabled” the flash delay might be less.

1 Like

@K-Lub
Ask your questions here please.
I can’t answer PMs… If I did - I would never have any time to myself. :joy:
I’m sometimes a little late to respond, but that’s usually because my time zone is Australia.

My bad, I’m having an issue with the app old school runescape only showing the left half of the app on my optimus 2. I’ve had the app before and it worked fine but I think there was a dev option I had changed to make it work that I don’t remember.