Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Hi guys, I notice even though the Prime S has lower spec and Android version, its Lift to Wake function actually works better (the screen turned on faster) than the Optimus 2. I have both watches and have tried it many times still the same results, Prime S is always faster. Another thing is the timeout on Prime S is longer (3s) vs Optimus 2 (2s). Anyone knows if these are hardware or firmware related ? (I hope it’s firmware and we can have an update for it soon)

https://youtu.be/8wZJt6daaJo

https://youtu.be/ImcUO1rGJYs

https://youtu.be/acbEKsmfrqw

Yes . But its upto you

Different hardware sensor.

There are many different factors to consider that effect the motion sensor but mostly it is all about the amount of background apps running and the hardware sensor itself (sensitivity + quality)

The two devices are made by different factories that use different component suppliers.

It’s most likely nothing to do with the firmware at all.
That’s the point I was making.

I see. thank you for the info. both watches were using stock firmware and default software when I tested.
So this means the hardware on the cheaper Prime S is somehow better than the more expensive Optimus 2 :frowning:

Maybe, who knows.
It might be more sensitive but only lasts a few weeks…who knows?

The fact that you think it feels better is all that matters - to you.

I have both devices and I don’t notice any difference :thinking:

So it is your personal experience and given that you are the only person who has this experience after almost a year - I will leave it here…

Cheers and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Yes, you are right. Most people won’t notice it as the gap is small. Just I bought the Prime S and used it first couple days before getting the Optimus 2 so I immediately noticed the difference, if I had done the other way around that wouldn’t have happened. Just a little bit disappointed when I noticed that.

Btw about the lift to wake screen timeout (the timeout on Prime S is longer (3s) vs Optimus 2 (2s)) is definitely on software right ? Is that something can be added to the next firmware update ? (I see other people are also asking for that in some other threads about the watch in this forum i.e Lift To Wake timeout )

Check that thread that you linked.
You may find something that interests you.
Cheers

1 Like

I just got my Optimus 2 yesterday and I too can not get my Google contacts synced in the Google Contacts app. I also can’t use the Google Calendar it crashes in my watch

Hi and welcome . If you wait a few days we will have a development on this which will fix this and improve the overall experience of your watch . Stay tuned .

3 Likes

if you have a look at the other optimus 2 threads you will see one on the ‘contacts’ topic, which refers to a solution, i believe the issue is fundamentally the same on both problems, and both are solvable currently, the functionality requires two google apps for each to be loaded, one for the ‘database’ side of it, and another for the UI

earlier on this thread are some comments referring to the calendar issue

2 Likes

The lack of the Accessibility Settings to change font and page size was a problem for me, as I am slowly doing a Set Up of my new Optimus 2. The best advice I got on it was “well then, use your Assistant to open Talkback and set it from there”. That solution does work and I was the best I could do to change the font size for a few hours of having this watch but I wanted a better solution. I went on to load the Button Mapper app so I could control the flashlight on my wrist and low and behold, right there in the settings menu of Button Mapper is the fuller version of our Accessibility Settings including Font size and Page size. So until I find a better real Android 10+ solution this works better than bugging my assistant for font size every time I need to try out a change. Maybe it could help you too and the perk is you can make your back button do anything you want. I do warn it does have adds but for me thats a small price to pay.

1 Like

If you want to adjust the font size this application works well.

Or here’s another app I’m using
Here you have more options with fine settings

4 Likes

Thanks I check it out. !

1 Like

Hi everybody, I wanted to know if it is possible to connect this watch to an external screen, I’m aware or scrcpy but I mean projecting a larger screen through wifi to an smart tv maybe

1 Like

I used to use this on A7.1.1

To set up watches on my Pc

Should still work

3 Likes

1.7 works with Google programs?

So far tested worked with:

1. Google Assistant
  2. Google Fit
  3. google go
  4. google lens
  5. Gallery Go
  6. Google maps
  7. Spotify
  8. whatsapp call clear with speaker and Bluetooth earbuds.
    I use for fitness and works well for me.
2 Likes

You can use you tube to screen share or other streaming apps…

It’s good to hear that you are having a good experience :+1:

The previous version was not so flexible with third party apps.

I have to say reading hours of blogs on this page and watching many smartwatch tricks videos did pay off, because this watch is amazing, last nigth I used scrcpy to play cod mobile with really good performance, I’m new so I can’t upload videos yet, but will do it later, I tried using “adb wm size 1920x1080” to try to get a bigger screen but the bigger it seems to get is 800x800 maybe somebody finds a way to make it render a bigger screen to get all the potential out of this :slight_smile: