Official Support for the Rollme S08

Guys, How to make raise to turn on screen faster? I feel this feature is slow.

Installing this launcher helps improve it . Apart from that there is no way

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™ve just purchased the rollme s08, but while I was placing the SIM card, I somehow broke one of the pins of the SIM holder. Please give me some advice how can I change the SIM holder or repair the broken pin. I really like the watch and would like to use itā€™s full potential. I would be much grateful if you give me any directions what can I do.
Thanks

The only idea I have is to go to a smartphone repair shop for help.

3 Likes

I have noticed two times now on the Rollme S08 that I have that it will lose 25% or so battery level within a couple hours with everything turned off like GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Half brightness on, Airplane mode on and shake to turn on screen is off. So basically everything that might draw extra power is off and the watch even seems to be getting warm when it does lose power like that. Normally it will go for hours in this mode and not even lose 1% but twice now it lost a lot - like going from 100% to 74% in just a couple hours. Am I missing something that is drawing that much power and even making it warm?

During this last time it lost a lot of power it was not even on my wrist and not being used except maybe 3 or 4 minutes when I was using a file explorer (Total Commander and then Root Explorer) to look for a file. I exited those 2 programs when I was done.

What does the battery consumption report says ? Sure thereā€™s an app running in background in your case.

2 Likes

Sounds like itā€¦
Maybe install a wake look detection app and try to find out what it is.

Check the built in power monitor app as well.?

2 Likes

How many people own a Rollme S08 in forum? Others works normally or?

I have one but I havenā€™t had this problem.

1 Like

I have a SO8 thats works 100% fine on version V1.2

1 Like

I ordered one and havent received yet. Hope it works fine

I havenā€™t looked into this much further except when I ran the ā€˜Cleanā€™ built in app which I assume removes any running apps in the background that are not needed then the watch sat at 100% for several hours until I turned it off. So I donā€™t believe there is any real problem. Iā€™ll keep track for awhile though and report if anything happens again after running the Cleaner app. I had not noticed this ever occurring on the Kospet Prime - maybe there is some slight difference in the android OS inner workings between the two. Just speculation at this pointā€¦
Iā€™m still on V1.2 also.

As you probably know perform a full factory reset will fix this problem . And for now stay on V1.2

1 Like

Hi!
I just bought this watch but I have two different problems:

• the motion sensor doesnā€™t seem to work well. Most of the time I make the usual gesture to look at the time (9 out of 10) the screen stays off. Sometimes it lights up with just a very small movement, but not when I raise my arm to check the time. Really strange ā€¦
    -I tried USB connecting this watch to four different Windows PCs and only had success with one (the one with the newest motherboard). In the other cases the clock can only charge but Win detects it only for a moment as if you unplug the USB cable. Therefore it is not possible to transfer files to the internal memory.
    I also have a Kospet Optimus and it has none of these problems.
    Is my watch faulty or has someone else had the same issiues?

Hi . Peoples expectations regarding the " raise to wake " vary a great deal . I have the SO8 and are happy with this feature . However if you install " universal launcher " it maybe more responsive for you . As for usb connection i have just bought a new windows 10 laptop . Plugged it in and it installed drivers etc automatically . When you connect to your PC do you allow under connection settings allow transfers ?

2 Likes

@zappomax, There are messages around here discussing this problem - especially on Windows 10 there have been problems making it a bit more difficult to get it to see the watch. Depending on you Windows version it may be a bit of trouble but it can be solved with the right drivers and procedure. Dr_Andy_Vishnuā€™s new laptop may have all the latest drivers and Windows patches but I think some of the earlier Win 10 versions may not be up to speed with that. It can also vary by manufacturer as to the drivers they include. Donā€™t give up - Iā€™m sure you can get it working with a little digging around for info on this issue.
If it worked on one computer then it is not the watch that has a problem. Itā€™s just Windows drivers and possible settings that are stopping it from being seen.

I would think that itā€™s just a bad connection and that it will probably work if he tries a few times more

What kind of drivers do you mean? Usually Android smartwatchs or smartphones doesnā€™t need any special drivers to be detected by Win. And all my Windows installation are recent and updated.
Iā€™ve had quite a few smartwatches from the earliest times and I was be able to connect all (Kospet Optimus included). This S08 is the only one with this issue.

Hi,
first thx for the reply.
Iā€™ve had quite a few smartwatches from the earliest times and never had a watch so lazy like this RollMe. Itā€™s impossible to be ā€œhappyā€ with a clock that 9 times out of 10 does not allow you to see the timeā€¦
May be Iā€™ll try " universal launcher ".
And about the ā€œPC connection problemā€, I was be able to connect all my other watches (Kospet Optimus included). This S08 is the only one with this issue.

In that case you should return it.
If you are that unhappy with it.

To be honest, I never use the dock when I flash or connect to the PC.
I flashed mine back to V1.2 after trying V1.4 because I find it more responsive overall.

But if you are genuinely upset about the watch overall - see if you can get a refund.