Official Support for the Rollme S08

There is a post somewhere on the forum where @Eric_Crochemore explains how the raise function is different with UL . But i cannot find it . Have you installed anything on your pc to help with connection ? Eg drivers

Try the driver in this folder

1 Like

I noticed something similar which turned out to be an issue with the USB2 front panel connection, you might try using a USB3 port instead.

For the sensor gesture try to use it like shown here:

If it still doesnā€™t work at least 90% of the time it might be an issue with the firmware.

1 Like

@zappomax, Try the driver installer in the Zip file Dr_Andy_Vishnu linked to. Are you on Windows 10? I donā€™t know why but Iā€™ve seen that in a lot of cases - not just smart watches - that Win 10 does not always seem to have drivers readily available for some devices. In other cases Win 10 works for devices that didnā€™t work on Windows 7.
The other issue with the Rollme S08 is how weak the magnet connection is to the watch interface and itā€™s very easy for it to tilt off a bit and not make a good connection. Iā€™m assuming you have verified that is not the issue? Contacts clean and pins straight?
If none of that helps itā€™s certainly possible you have a lemon and a return is probably the best choice.

Iā€™ll try.
Thx for the hint!

Just installed but nothing is changed: Win detects the watch just for a moment then itā€™s like if I unplug the USB cable.
I give up, waiting a new firmware. May be it can fix it.
Thx a lot anyway :wink:

Thatā€™s the usual USB data connection that is not stable. No SW problem here.

You tried the direct connection to the watch and not the dock and it still fails to connect?
Or you did not have a direct attach cable?
The dock is notorious for causing bad connection problems.
Most people will find themselves moving the watch around on the dock to make a connection.
And the watch is powered off right?
If it is powered on Windows will not be able to flash it.
It will make a sound on connection and then another as it closes the connection.

Sounds like it is powered on when you are connecting it, if not the driver is not installed correctly.

I think he just wanted to be able to transfer files, not to flash it

Ah ok.
In this case you need to go to the watch and enable USB file transfer.
Android 7 and up requires itā€¦ Maybe thatā€™s the issue?

I donā€™t think so. My S08 has exact the same problem. Flashing works fine, but if I connect the watch when itā€™s switched on, it disconnect after a second. I have no Idea whatā€™s the reason, all my other watches are working fine.

Interestingā€¦
Using the dock or direct connection?
USB connection is allowed in settings?

Iā€™ve tried everything. Dock and cable, every single USB Port, and yes, USB connection is allowed in the settings.

Not completly right. Time is too short to switch to file transfer.

I think in this case I would use USB deview app.
And try various driversā€¦
It may just be the Microsoft MTP driver

Yes, I think so, too.

And you both know my position :wink:

Fine , fine and mines fine :+1:

Oh shut up :joy:

1 Like

I was actually a litte serious :rofl: