Official Support for the Rollme S08

I thought I’d give an update on how things are with mine. I continue to have the same problem of the watch working for only 7 hours at the most. This is with no Sim card and Bluetooth and WiFi turned off. Obviously, quite a disappointment and I would not recommend this to anyone.
Or, you buy two and put the other one on while the other is charging.

1 Like

If you only get 7 hours something is wrong . Is this your first watch ? If so you may need a little help with this . The below tips are what we usually advise .

Leave wifi ang gps off ( turn on when required )
Google sync off
Pedometer off
Raise screen on - off ( i leave this on )
Bluetooth - i leave on all day connected with watchdroid

You will be surprised . You may have messed around with the settings and not realised . I would factory reset the watch and start again. The battery life of this watch is great . I can get 14hrs heavy usage with sim .

2 Likes

@Madichdon , sorry but being retired and not rich enough to risk either of these with a water test - I’m handling both with kid gloves :wink: At the present time the Kospet Prime is still my main watch as I haven’t yet been able to get GPS to find my location with the Rollme. I’ve seen 3 satellites so far and it’s probably not pinned down a location yet as I haven’t given it enough time outside. I need a bit more time with the Rollme on some other features and if it does well then I may switch to it as my main watch just because the camera seems better on it.

BTW I use the Tricorder app (like in Star Trek TV) for GPS and many other functions. It sounds and looks like a Star Trek tricorder but unfortunately Hollywood people decided us little people couldn’t have it due to copyright or something like that so it got taken down from most places. Google it and you can still find it around in a few places. Mines version 5.12. Note it may throw an exception error on startup but it still works on both the Prime and Rollme.

I recieved the replacement of Rollme S08 from Banggood on 14th of August. I am so happy with this watch and everything work as it should be. GPS is accurate and locks very quickly. Bluetooth is there all the time and the most impressive IP68 is true. I tested on my vacation in a Greek island in the sea and I catch a few videos which I want to share with you. I will upload a video on my next post.

2 Likes

That is good news indeed :+1:
Looking forward to the video.
Thanks very much.

2 Likes
1 Like

Great footage. I’m now swaying toward the Rollme :sunglasses:

Few questions…

Do you rinse in fresh water immediately after a swim?

Did you test the buttons/touch screen underwater?

Can it track swimming distance/strokes?

Notice any issues at all with the S08 since swimming in salt water?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi . No this watch will not track swimming . I personally wouldnt risk pushing buttons while under water

I started recording as soon as my hands were dry and then I was waiting the screen to get dry a bit in order to stop the recording by pressing the screen. It is not easy but it works. I didn’t use the buttons atall and I will not use them for sure.

1 Like

Actually I wouldn’t even have swam in the ocean, unless of course someone else happens to be the trail blazer :smile:

1 Like

I didn’t clean the watch for several hours after with fresh water but I believe that it should be a good idea to do so.

1 Like

From the day I wore it, I haven’t think even for a moment to change it with other watch I own. Believe me if you are lucky with the manufacturing quality of the watch you will love it!!! I tried the same thing with kospet prime and it ended in disaster!! I opened it, I dried it in a drier machine for 2 days and finally worked.

1 Like

It is a great watch . Mine is flawless and build quality is great

I didn’t say that kospet prime is not a great watch but if you need a waterproof watch you should go to Rollme S08. That’s my opinion.

2 Likes

I was considering ordering the S08 last week but now that Android 10 watches are on the horizon - I’ll wait a few weeks…

2 Likes

what Android 10 watches?

There is a an official announcement on the forum

So, currently there are a few Chinese market only (domestic) versions on offer - but very soon now you will be seeing the international models released.
Brands like,
Kospet
Rollme
Lemfo
Rogbid
Ckyrin, will all be involved I suspect

Keanu Reeves GIF
from Keanu GIFs