Official Support for the Rollme S08

As said i would flash the newest firmware . After doing so reset watch again . If the mic still doesnt work it will be a hardware issue . Can i ask for our benefit , have you swam - showered with it. Thanks

1 Like

My guess is that the water proofing is killing the microphone.
Unfortunately not easy to fix without affecting the warranty…

Nope. I did not even test it on water yet and did not get it wet as I was just testing basic functions.

Does S08 have feature wrist shaking to wake screen?

No. The android watches have a function called Screen on Raising. It works from rotating your arm.

1 Like

Thanks. Screen on raising is more interesting than shaking

And also you have two options with this . Accept the standard speed of watch raise or install universal launcher which is more responsive if you prefer it. Its a great watch

Here is the issue with my smartwatch. I can assure that Mic permissions are allowed in all apps and whether wireless headset or not is connected, it is not working and I have not tested it for waterproofing hence microphone was not damage caused by getting wet.

No, sorry.
When I say could be “caused by waterproofing” I mean that the watch makers go to great lengths to make sure water cannot get in.
Some times mistakes are made and they go a little too far in the assembly by mistake…
Sometimes blocking access to the microphone or speaker.

since it didn’t work with the mic on the headset either, I would think that it is a software problem. have you tried flashing it as Dr Vishnu suggested?

1 Like

Yeah good point.:+1:

So, @none @droidtrix the side camera on Prime or S08 is better? indoor 'n outdoor (after flashing the lastest firmware) im confused

My Rollme seems to have a better side camera than my Prime. Especially under lower light conditions. But that doesn’t mean all Rollme S08’s will be better than all Kospet Primes. There tends to be differences in manufacturing batches of cameras and that can play a part. So it’s a bit hard to say unfortunately but for my two watches the Rollme camera is a little better. If more people here had both watches and could make comparison shots we might have a better answer but for now that’s about the best there is to offer.

1 Like

Very true observation :+1:

From the images @none 's, maybe quality cameras is Lem12 (gc5035) > Rollme S08 (bf2206) > Prime (gc5025). But i couldnt any document about sensor bf2206

Yes, but as @droidtrix pointed out - the actual hardware, lens and other things can vary in quality so much.
Unfortunately it is difficult to rely on the fact that “because the sensor is better the pictures will be better.”
Because of the variations in quality control

1 Like

@droidtrix have you tested waterproof feature on Prime and S08? Can u talk about result. In this thread, @G1NT0N1C tested S08, he can on swimming, IP68 is ok. And IP67 Prime works? Can wash hand or walk in raining, snowing with Prime? I saw on Youtube tested failed :frowning:

I have run several times with Prime and got wet with rain and sweat . However i wouldnt swim with it at all . The SO8 is giving us something regarding waterproofing we havent seen before on these watches . But its still early days

1 Like

Yeah mine works fine after putting it in a tank of water.
I suspect swimming in a regular pool is ok.
I’m still a little worried about sea water but I noticed that this S08 I have has maybe different metal charging contacts… Not brass as usual.
I can’t say if they are stainless steel or not and so I don’t know if it will be ok in sea water… But I have heard it is ok.
Personally I would not risk sea water

3 Likes

Guys, give me an idea choose Prime or S08 on design, feature, smooth, display, comfortably, material, battery life. I want a watch to wear during day, see the times - always, usually use as smartwatch, sometimes wash hand, on raining. Sure i dont put it in sea water, hot water