Official Support for the Rollme S08

Unfortunately, until we actually get them I can’t confirm the screen details.
However, according to @none the screen is same size and type as the Prime.

I have just measured. @noone is right, the screens are identical.

2 Likes

Thanks, G.
I just got back from holiday tonight.
I’ll catch up with stuff now that I’m back. :+1:

1 Like

Here is a device info hw log that shows all kernel drivers for the S08:

There is also currently no display module with 1.69 size and 450x450 resolution available.
I guess this should have been the screen of choice at the early prototype stage, but wasn’t ready for mass production / isn’t supported by the C7S board.

2 Likes

Can you please tell me how long your watch lasts. I realize that it depends on how you use it but for the last three days I have done nothing with it except an occasional look at the time. It only lasts about 7 hours. Should I buy another one and rotate every 7 hours?

Have you checked under the watch settings, in connectivity - just to confirm that Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular are turned off?

If so then you should factory reset the watch and check again. Unless you have done this already?

To be honest you should get at least 24 hours with nothing else happening. At least…

I will be uploading the firmware for both S08 and Brave once I have a solid agreement with the parent company.

If all else fails and factory reset does not work then flashing the firmware is the next step.

Cheers
Pablo11.

1 Like

I recieved my Rollme S08 on 17th of July from Banggood. I was realy excited at the beginning with the IP68 but I was worrying about software support and updates as I knew that you don’t support it at the moment. I also own a Kospet Prime for 4 months now and I feel very happy and confident with your support. The screen of Rollme looks bigger than the Prime and the material quality is relevant on both watches.
Now let me tell you about the bad news.

1. Disconnection on WiFi and Bluetooth very often.
  2. No GPS signal at all.
    I had a very civilized communication with Banggood and I returned the watch on the 26th of July. (Shippment cost 15€ from Greece to China)
    The new watch has been already sent from China and I am expecting to recieve it on 20th of August.
    I will keep you informed with my newer impresions as soon as I will recieve the new one.
    Moreover, I would like to thank you for your support and efford. You are the best team.
1 Like

Thanks for the kind words . Did you factory reset the watch to see if it improved before you returned it ?

@Tan_Laz Thanks very much.

Very interested in hearing how the replacement works out :+1:

2 Likes

I did that more than 48 hours with the same results. That’s why I returned it.

Thousands of times!!!

GPS malfunction on Rollme S08

Fair enough . Just checking :+1:

Without relying on wifi indoors did you try outdoors as well .

Yes of course! While testing the watch, I was in an open sky, away from tall buildings and trees for more than an hour!

Fair enough . Thanks for the feedback

From my experience from GPS watches (Garmin 5x plus, Garmin 3hr) Kospet Prime is an accepted
GPS watch for its value and it is a phone and not a tracker.

i’m currently using my prime with sim for running and yes its not perfect but good enough . Older watches not so good for accuracy

2 Likes

And MyRunningApp is the best application for such a use!

1 Like

Without a doubt :+1: