Official Support for the Rollme S08

Ckyrin KirinX, Rogbid Brave and Rollme S08 are surely the same device.
Except for some slight changes on the bootlogo and some slightly different identifiers in the firmware.

I thought you meant the Kospet Brave watch

Can you provide a link to where we can find info on the Rogbid Brave. A web/youtube search turned up nothing.

Update: I searched watch stores and found it on Ali-express. It does look like a clone of the Rollme S08.
I suspect it is rgarayt’s first watch and he may have GPS, Wi-fi etc on all the time and sync etc.

https://m.tomtop.com/p-pw0138.html
This is where I got my Rogbid Brave

I turned off Wifi. Doesn’t Wifi need to be on to get weather updates and any other regular updates?
Or does this info come from being BT connected to my cell?

Depends how you are using the watch . I have a sim in my phones so i get all i need over 3g - 4g . Leaving wifi on permantly will drain the battery . If you are tethering you watch to phone i would suggest using watchdroid

Rogbid Brave:

1 Like

I heard that they originally planned to call it the Rabid Dog because it eats your battery like a rabid dog eats animals but switched the letters around a bit so it wouldn’t sound so scary :roll_eyes:
:laughing:

3 Likes

Great news! Thanks for getting that all arranged for the Rollme watch. :+1:

Arrangement is for the Rogbid, Ckyrin
and Rollme.
They are the same device.
In the future they will probably sell different models but for now they are sharing the same device across the three brand names.

Just to be clear, these are not “clones” :joy:
It is one company making the watch and distribution is through three brand names.
Ckyrin is the manufacturer and Rollmelive and Rogbid are sub brand names used to sell.

3 Likes

I got this watch now and can share some technical details (and reveal some trickery):

• The display is the same 1.6" 400x400 ST7797 like all the other watches.
  • Both cameras are 2.0MP model BF2206.

Edit, some of the positive remarks:

• The buttons looks to have a different design that hopefully prevents the LEM12/Prime problem.
  • The touchscreen uses a ITE controller and has a smaller ‘deadzone’ at the edge.
  • Compatible with the other C7S firmware (system.img).
2 Likes

I thought so.
Thanks for the confirmation.
The display is 1.6" IPS - same as lem12 and Kospet Prime - right?
Not OLED.
I was interested because I knew for a fact that this M6739 board will only support 2 x 2mp hardware camera modules or one 5mp hardware camera module.
So even after software scaling it’s just not physically possible.
I was chatting to @SmartWatchTicks about it just a few days ago.
I personally don’t care about cameras on watches at all but some people do.
The kernel should also be the same.
Thanks @none :+1:

1 Like

Correct, i was interested in the slightly bigger and higher resolution screen, but i had the assumption that it’s the same IPS display module.
I can somewhat oversee if they call a 0.3MP sensor 2MP due to the upscaling (same for 5MP -> 8MP), but claiming both cameras to be 8MP when they are just using 2MP sensors is slightly misleading.

Btw, it’s not my intention to talk this products down, but to clarify what people can expect (especially if they care for the display / cameras / overall hardware) and they shouldn’t be fooled.

2 Likes

Yep, I understand and yes, it’s good to clarify the situation.
All good and perfectly normal.
Cheers

1 Like

Well that sort of sucks. The higher resolution (at least claimed 8MP) front facing camera was one on the main reasons I bought the Rollme S08. I guess this may also explain why the Kospet Prime pictures do not seem as sharp as other 5MP cameras I have on other phones. If I understand correctly what pablo11 is saying then the Kospet Prime having two cameras are each only 2MP?

As far as i can tell the Kospet Prime uses a 0.3MP sensor for the front camera and a 5MP main camera sensor (same as Lemfo LEM12).
The cameras are connected to a single connector, i guess there is some sort of bandwidth limitation in place that narrows the choice to either 2MP + 2MP or 0.3MP + 5MP.

The battery could be also slightly smaller than advertised, it uses the same battery gauge values as the Kospet Prime, so it probably has 100mAh less (1360mAh -> 1260mAh).

1 Like

As usual @none is right.
It’s a bandwidth issue and he also correct about the Prime.
This 8 layer pcb is extremely complex and has some limitations. But it is actually an awesome 4G LTE capable board compared to the older version and has served us well for the last 2 years.
Hope to have some solid news for you soon about future developments (not rumours) . :+1:

3 Likes

The mainboard itself looks smartly designed, it also brings a lot of functionality that makes it even attractive as a low power IoT surveillance/security device.
With a small breakout on the GPIO connector this would be an interesting alternative to some single board computers.

It’s interesting to see what is coming next in this area.

So the screen is 1.6" not 1.69"?

Should I pass on this watch? I have the Prime which I like, except for the heart monitor not working. I want another big watch. You know what I’d like? A big square 2.2" watch like the Lemfo LEM4 or the DM99, but updated 7.1.

I’m intrigued by the Ticwris, but I have the feeling it’s too big even for me.