Official Support for the Rollme S08

Ask @Dr_Andy_Vishnu
He’s very intimate with his S08 :joy:

1 Like

Call quality is fine and speaker is loud without crackling . No issues at all

Did i mention i love this watch ?? :wink:

Yes it is very load and clear . Waterproofing has not affected this

Then this is the first

Hmm, you’ve only been a member of this community for 7 hours. Personally, I think your way of posting could be a little friendlier …
If you think @Dr_Andy_Vishnu needs to create a video evidence to convince you of the sound quality - then you are wrong. Believe it or not. The earth will keep turning in both cases …
Furthermore, I don’t like your accusation that the “so-called moderators” are not honest but only protect the manufacturers. This is not the case. We do not receive any payment for our work here. And believe me, it’s a lot of work.
When I then have to read through posts like yours - I have a vein on the outside of my neck that sometimes starts to throb visibly …

7 Likes

Couldnt have worded that better myself my friend :+1:

3 Likes

to advise to try to fix the problem instead of sending the watch back to the seller is not about backing up the product, it’s about helping the person in the best way possible. If they end up having to send the watch back, they will have to go maybe a month or two without a watch, they will most likely have to pay for the shipping, and in some cases they might have to pay some amount for the new watch. Some brands are more helpful than others, but in any case, if it was me that needed help, I would appreciate any advice that might help me fix it without having to send it back.

2 Likes

It is sometimes difficult to remote diagnose an issue, this could vary between a simple software error or a severe hardware issue that requires an exchange device. In the end those devices are built down to a price.

Personally i would avoid Rollme because of their ‘chinese’ marketing (false claims for the S08 and now for the Hero as well), for me this communicates customer deception.

1 Like

5m? It would be good to read what IP68 means. You are confusing IP and WR

1 Like

@Joey2, you may want to seriously rethink the way you are posting here and carefully heed the advice of G1NT0N1C. Not sure if it’s a language translation issue but you come off as arrogant and demanding and that won’t likely get you far here or most any other forum.

Regarding IP68 devices backed by the international standard rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5 meters underwater for up to thirty minutes.

3 Likes

I don’t think you understand the meaning of “downgrade attitude.” I have many watches and most work as expected but then most of us have reasonable expectations. Nobody is making you buy any of these watches. So why would you think before buying that you are owed an explanation, proof of operation or guarantee of satisfaction, from these volunteer moderators? It is not an honest or reasonable expectation.

4 Likes

It sounds like you put more focus on what these watches cannot (or may not) do, than all the fantastic things they can actually do, which no other watch can do.
You are probably better off not buying one, because it is almost guaranteed that you will never be satisfied.

6 Likes

Well I have this watch and I wore it when I was swimming. It survived. The voice quality was good before and afterwards. Will I make a video to prove it? Definitely not. Do I think it’s IP68? Well, close. Probably around IP67.5 …:wink:

3 Likes

Ok, that’s enough. Good bye…

7 Likes

I have posted two videos a month or so before, that proofs the IP 68 of this watch. Please take a closer look on this thread and you will get your answers.
This watch has become a part of my hand.

3 Likes

Hello, I need help with the driver for ROLLME S08. Appears as unknown device in Windows 8.1 Pro

Have you changed connection type to file transfer on your watch when you connect it?
If you still have issues then try this below:

If you go to the device manager and choose update driver for the USB device that is showing the problem and change it to MTP…

Well, the first thing we recommend is to perform a factory reset immediately after receiving it and after each update. I’m not sure you did that?
Furthermore, you should switch off everything that is currently not needed. In particular, I only activate the GPS when I need it. And for the mobile data I choose “prefer 2g”, this also saves a lot of energy.
These are just a few tips, there are a few more here in the forum. Not all of them are universal, it depends on how you use your watch.
But the right attitudes can go a long way.

1 Like

You need to check out the running processes and also sleep time for the battery.
There are various apps available on the play store for doing this.

When you say secure - what are concerned about specifically?
Obviously you purchased a device that is running Android 7.1.1 which has not seen any security updates for a very long time.

This is one of the reasons why these devices had to move to the Android 10 platform.

But that alone does not make the device “secure”
So please let us know what you are concerned about specifically…

“Official brands” as you call them - do not run full Android.
They are generally running WearOS or Tizen.

1 Like