New Update for Finow X3+

Dec 4, 2016 10:59:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 3, 2016 21:58:10 GMT 1 polaris59 said:
Yes, well over 24 hrs before the dreaded “bonk bonk bonk”

i got to say that this update is great with more than one connectivity is on and battery is great i always had great battery life but not with more than 2 connectivities but now i’ve tried all of them on and so far so good. this update seems to resolve battery issues.

Is it necessary for the smartwatch to be root? How can I do it? Thank you.

Dec 8, 2016 10:11:50 GMT 1 jcano74 said:

Dec 4, 2016 10:59:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
i got to say that this update is great with more than one connectivity is on and battery is great i always had great battery life but not with more than 2 connectivities but now i’ve tried all of them on and so far so good. this update seems to resolve battery issues.

no, you do’nt have to root your watch to get great battery life, just let it a couple of time to reach 0% and charge it and never leave the watch in charging more than needed the i installed an app that notify me when the battery reach 100%, i use s health which not just track steps, distance and calories but also sleeping and still battery life is great, when i use 2 or one connectivities i can reach almost a full 24hr, with more than two connectivities i can reach about 12hr to 15hr and with no connecitvities at all more than 2 days all thanks to the last update.

Dec 8, 2016 13:13:37 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

no, you do’nt have to root your watch to get great battery life, just let it a couple of time to reach 0% and charge it and never leave the watch in charging more than needed the i installed an app that notify me when the battery reach 100%, i use s health which not just track steps, distance and calories but also sleeping and still battery life is great, when i use 2 or one connectivities i can reach almost a full 24hr, with more than two connectivities i can reach about 12hr to 15hr and with no connecitvities at all more than 2 days all thanks to the last update.

Yes I agree that letting it fully discharge to recalibrate the battery makes a big difference.
I am fully stock with the latest upgrade, no root, no powersave stuff.
Seems to have wiped out my MEID though, I’m now getting “MEID Invalid” and can not connect to 3G.
Don’t really care about this however, IMO the standalone phone thing is overrated.

Dec 8, 2016 15:52:41 GMT 1 polaris59 said:

Yes I agree that letting it fully discharge to recalibrate the battery makes a big difference.
Seems to have wiped out my MEID though, I’m now getting “MEID Invalid” and can not connect to 3G.
Don’t really care about this however, IMO the standalone phone thing is overrated.

Have you rooted the watch?

Bluetooth connected, with sim card 3g, linked to the mobile phone via Bluetooth through the Finow application, without making calls, receiving about 40 WhatsApp, installed applications WhatsApp, telegram, maps and gsam battery monitor. With the screen in suspension most of the time I still last the battery between 8 and 9 hours. I do not know what to try …

Dec 8, 2016 17:05:21 GMT 1 jcano74 said:

Bluetooth connected, with sim card 3g, linked to the mobile phone via Bluetooth through the Finow application, without making calls, receiving about 40 WhatsApp, installed applications WhatsApp, telegram, maps and gsam battery monitor. With the screen in suspension most of the time I still last the battery between 8 and 9 hours. I do not know what to try …

try not to use the bt and see how battery life.

Important thing for those using watch as standalone and using bt headset for calls. In last update they fixed the issue with sound switching to speaker after the call was answered. That’s the greatest news for me!

there was a new update this week, i just install it.

Dec 8, 2016 19:31:12 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 8, 2016 17:05:21 GMT 1 jcano74 said:

try not to use the bt and see how battery life.

If I do not use Bluetooth, how do I synchronize my smartwatch with my mobile phone? I just want to receive the notifications of the mobile phone in the smartwatch and that is through the application of Finow and that connects through the Bluetooth. Is there any other way to connect them?

Dec 9, 2016 9:38:01 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

¿It works well? What date is it?

Dec 9, 2016 11:33:24 GMT 1 jcano74 said:

Dec 9, 2016 9:38:01 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

there were two updates, i still checking them out because my battery drained fast but i also forgot the watch in charging for the whole night and it is prefferable not to do so, i’ll see how the watch with the updates and report for now it is better not to update. about the finow app, just for a while just to check how the watch behave without more than one connectivity. i use m2d that can be used with wifi and bt.

Dec 9, 2016 12:31:40 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

¿Funciona bien? ¿Qué fecha es?

hubo dos cambios, todavía comprobar hacia fuera porque mi batería drenado rápido, pero también me olvidó el reloj en la carga durante toda la noche y es prefferable no hacerlo, voy a ver cómo el reloj con las actualizaciones y reporte por ahora es mejor no actualizar. acerca de la aplicación Finow, sólo por un tiempo sólo para comprobar cómo se comporta el reloj sin más de una conectividad. yo uso M2D que se puede utilizar con wifi y BT.

The application you use is “M2D Sender”? Do you install it on the SmartWatch or on the mobile phone?

Dec 9, 2016 14:58:58 GMT 1 jcano74 said:

hubo dos cambios, todavía comprobar hacia fuera porque mi batería drenado rápido, pero también me olvidó el reloj en la carga durante toda la noche y es prefferable no hacerlo, voy a ver cómo el reloj con las actualizaciones y reporte por ahora es mejor no actualizar. acerca de la aplicación Finow, sólo por un tiempo sólo para comprobar cómo se comporta el reloj sin más de una conectividad. yo uso M2D que se puede utilizar con wifi y BT.

The application you use is “M2D Sender”? Do you install it on the SmartWatch or on the mobile phone?

on the phone you install m2d sender and bt m2d
on the watch you install m2d reciever and bt m2d
the configirations on both have to be the SAME.

Update: I re-flashed my IMEI # and I’m back in business.
Even with 3G and wifi permanently on, the battery life is at least 3X what it used to be.

Dec 11, 2016 2:46:37 GMT 1 polaris59 said:
Yes I agree that letting it fully discharge to recalibrate the battery makes a big difference. I am fully stock with the latest upgrade, no root, no powersave stuff. Seems to have wiped out my MEID though, I'm now getting "MEID Invalid" and can not connect to 3G. Don't really care about this however, IMO the standalone phone thing is overrated.

Update: I re-flashed my IMEI # and I'm back in business. Even with 3G and wifi permanently on, the battery life is at least 3X what it used to be.

can you plz write on a new thread how you've managed to recover imei? secondly after the two last updates i do'nt have a really good battery life have you reseted your watch? 

Dec 11, 2016 11:58:14 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 11, 2016 2:46:37 GMT 1 polaris59 said:
Update: I re-flashed my IMEI # and I’m back in business.
Even with 3G and wifi permanently on, the battery life is at least 3X what it used to be.

can you plz write on a new thread how you’ve managed to recover imei? secondly after the two last updates i do’nt have a really good battery life have you reseted your watch? 

Ok i’ll do another thread on restoring my IMEI
I re-flashed (clean install), did all OTAs, rooted it so I could re-do my IMEI
so I’m currently on Build # LMY471 test-keys

As stated battery life with both wifi and 3G enabled without
power saving or “disconnecting on screen off” is now
quite satisfactory (~24hrs) 

there were two updates, i still checking them out because my battery drained fast but i also forgot the watch in charging for the whole night and it is prefferable not to do so, i’ll see how the watch with the updates and report for now it is better not to update. about the finow app, just for a while just to check how the watch behave without more than one connectivity. i use m2d that can be used with wifi and bt.

Dont update the last firmware 6 Dec
The watch is getting boiled hot
And battery life is very poor
Even with one connectivity

Dec 12, 2016 10:16:53 GMT 1 shaul said:

i got two updates, did you? battery life was just awful so i reseted the watch and hopefully this will fix battery draining.

Dec 12, 2016 10:25:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 12, 2016 10:16:53 GMT 1 shaul said:

i got two updates, did you? battery life was just awful so i reseted the watch and hopefully this will fix battery draining.

Yes I got two also
But I didn’t get to much time with the first one so I can’t testify
But the update of 6 Dec is awful
Ive tired of restarting my watch install all the apps again it’s frustrating

Dec 12, 2016 10:53:38 GMT 1 shaul said:

Dec 12, 2016 10:25:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Yes I got two also
But I didn’t get to much time with the first one so I can’t testify
But the update of 6 Dec is awful
Ive tired of restarting my watch install all the apps again it’s frustrating

reset again for me it seems to work but i only few hours with the watch BUT everything is on so i think that reseting helped if for you it did'nt then flash the watch with the stock rom and update only what you want.