New Update for Finow X3+

Oct 30, 2016 19:14:09 GMT 1 mkolev said:

ok, i did on my x3+ both updates and reset the watch without the sim in it and so far with all functions turned on the battery life is great hope it will continue that way i'll notify in several days, i mean with notifications and all btw with m2d there is no need for 3rd party app the watch turned on when notification comes in but still i use NiLS for head up. everything that i've had on the phone before reset is on the watch and i think that the updates especially the last one (12.41mb) did good with the watch but as i said i did reset the watch. i think if there is an update if it is'nt a major and important update and the watch works well there is no need for the updates.

Oct 30, 2016 20:13:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

ok, i did on my x3+ both updates and reset the watch without the sim in it and so far with all functions turned on the battery life is great hope it will continue that way i’ll notify in several days, i mean with notifications and all btw with m2d there is no need for 3rd party app the watch turned on when notification comes in but still i use NiLS for head up. everything that i’ve had on the phone before reset is on the watch and i think that the updates especially the last one (12.41mb) did good with the watch but as i said i did reset the watch. i think if there is an update if it is’nt a major and important update and the watch works well there is no need for the updates. gps works great and fast and i’m using bt for notifications and still great. i think the updates did improve the usage of the watch in battery life meaning.

SoniaSophie9697 Doing the same thing as you is giving me 8 hours max now… Still not enough to last the day. When looking at GSAM app, i can see that my watch is still sucking battery like crazy when in idle mode. Turning off IOS notification helped me achieve a bit better battery live but i can’t disable that app and when i reboot, it runs in the background again. Do you think that by rooting my X3+ i could get rid of those system apps that i don’t need (i’m using the watch in standalone only).

Any help or tip you might have would be appreciated here

Thanks

Of course you can get rid of those apps. But freezing them with TiBu maybe would be a better choice. Just in case you want them in the future.

Nov 1, 2016 22:14:15 GMT 1 miroul said:
SoniaSophie9697 Doing the same thing as you is giving me 8 hours max now.. Still not enough to last the day. When looking at GSAM app, i can see that my watch is still sucking battery like crazy when in idle mode. Turning off IOS notification helped me achieve a bit better battery live but i can't disable that app and when i reboot, it runs in the background again. Do you think that by rooting my X3+ i could get rid of those system apps that i don't need (i'm using the watch in standalone only).

Any help or tip you might have would be appreciated here

Thanks

yes, i want also this weekend to root my watch and use wakelock detector to see what effects the battery and if it is not needed i will uninstall it.

Nov 2, 2016 8:12:56 GMT 1 coolek33 said:
TiBu 

what is this app? do you have a link? tried to look for it on google play store.

I think he’s speaking about Titanium Backup.

You need root for Titanium Backup. I used it in the past, nice app

Nov 2, 2016 11:54:51 GMT 1 Fef51 said:
I think he's speaking about Titanium Backup.

that is a great app more reason why to root the watch:) 
Oct 26, 2016 5:04:55 GMT 1 mkolev said:

Oct 25, 2016 22:18:26 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
what you need to do is to reset the watch and do’nt install nothing for now and see how the battery behave without notifications and no wifi bt or gps or 3g on. just see how long the battery last than start install one by one the apps and see how the battery acts and you’ll know what to do.

I think I know the culprit…M2D…battery was fine in the first hour or so after resetting the watch …then I installed M2D and battery started drainning fast…monitored the battery and showed Android system draining about 13%…before resetting the watch it was Ios notifications that drained that much battery…really confused

Every user reported the same thing. M2D drain the device as it keeps the device awake always. I am writing a tips post. Check that out. Battery will be very nice according my tests. I go 1 days with proper use easily. Standby 3 days. And minimal use 2 days without phone linked.

New update 2016-11-25

Someone installed it??

Oct 29, 2016 18:44:50 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
with m2d bt or the m2d reciever only? i think after the update of 13.5mb it start for me too, the bt drains the battery faster. i want to reset the watch and install only m2d reciever and see if the bt is the problem if so i’ll notify the developer of m2d on his thread.

In my case the battery drain is because of the Ios push notification …it is constantly running and after I kill the process then the Kernel drains about 14% of the battery…bought the asus zenwatch 2 and I think I will start using that one since battery life is not an issue, or at least a hit and miss scenario. 

You are getting iOS notifications on the Finow X3+ watch?  What app do you need on your iPhone to push notifications to the Finow X3+?

I’m getting crazy good battery life with this release…wifi permanently on, no power savings, none of those
“Battery Doctor/Powersave/Greenify/Tasker” kludges either.
After 9 hours I’m still at 82% which (for me) was previously unheard of.
(Haven’t tried with a sim card, and I’m keeping the gps off).

Dec 2, 2016 20:30:27 GMT 1 polaris59 said:
I'm getting crazy good battery life with this release..wifi permanently on, no power savings, none of those "Battery Doctor/Powersave/Greenify/Tasker" kludges either. After 9 hours I'm still at 82% which (for me) was previously unheard of. (Haven't tried with a sim card, and I'm keeping the gps off).

the last update?

Dec 2, 2016 21:42:14 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 2, 2016 20:30:27 GMT 1 polaris59 said:
I’m getting crazy good battery life with this release…wifi permanently on, no power savings, none of those
“Battery Doctor/Powersave/Greenify/Tasker” kludges either.
After 9 hours I’m still at 82% which (for me) was previously unheard of.
(Haven’t tried with a sim card, and I’m keeping the gps off).

the last update?

Yes, well over 24 hrs before the dreaded “bonk bonk bonk”

Dec 3, 2016 21:58:10 GMT 1 polaris59 said:

the last update?

i got to say that this update is great with more than one connectivity is on and battery is great i always had great battery life but not with more than 2 connectivities but now i’ve tried all of them on and so far so good. this update seems to resolve battery issues.

Yo no consigo tener una duración de más de 8 horas con apenas uso del smartwatch, todo el consumo de batería lo hace con el reloj en reposo ¿Podrías decirme que actualización es?

Dec 6, 2016 10:15:03 GMT 1 jcano74 said:
Yo no consigo tener una duración de más de 8 horas con apenas uso del smartwatch, todo el consumo de batería lo hace con el reloj en reposo ¿Podrías decirme que actualización es?

the last update that watch at the end of november i think 24\25/11.

the last update?

I have this latest update and the battery life is still about 8 hours. Any advice?

Dec 7, 2016 7:01:23 GMT 1 jcano74 said:
Yes, well over 24 hrs before the dreaded "bonk bonk bonk"

I have this latest update and the battery life is still about 8 hours. Any advice?

let the battery get to 0% and then charge it let it be done a couple of time.