My screen on Kronosblade Genesis is totally black

I have own it in two weeks

You said above you have flashed the firmware on this watch ? If not please do so . We have only one firmware so you will be okay if done correctly . As @Eric_Crochemore said it maybe a screen problem which we cannot help you with . I wouldnt open up the watch

So the only solution is to return it to Kronosblade and get a new one?

After you have flashed as above if it doesnt work you will have to contact jason . The fact you originally flashed it as you locked yourself out of your watch may be a problem

I am not locked out. The clock start before and after I flashed it, I hear the uploading music but
I can not see it, the screen is black.

You just said you havent flashed it ?

As I wrote before I have two Genesis and they been flsshed one time each. The one that we talk about, I flashed before I start to write on this forum.

I’m confused. Are we talking about the Genesis where you violently destroyed both cameras - or another one?

2 Likes

No, the newer one

Hello!

Maybe it’s not the right place to post, you’ll tell me, but I suddenly have the exact same problem with my Genesis that I’m using since 3 days.

All was working perfectly well until this noon, when the screen got black. The both buttons seem to be functionnal: when I press the up one, I get the vibration of the reboot/halt screen. I can restart the watch with a long press, I hear the starting sound and it seems to me that the screen backlightning turns on very slightly. The watch continues to vibrate on notifications.

I’m with the stock firmware, with the default face, I’ve never made any flash or change. I’ve just done a factory reset after my first boot, as recommanded.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, or have I to ask Jason for a replacement?

Hi. Exactly the same problem that I had. I tried everything but I couldn’t fix it. I sent a mail to Jason and he sent me an adress in New York, to where I sent the watch. I mailed Jason 4 days ago and the watch is now back in the factory. Wich will decide if it can be fixed or I will recive a new one.
Good Luck.

I would try flashing the firmware first before trying to return it to jason . When you press and hold the power button for 30 seconds does it reboot correctly ?

Thanks for answering.

I’m glad to read that Jason continues his good job, despite the watch is out of stock on the website.

Do you know if this is issue has often occured?

Thanks for your reply.

I do can reboot the watch, with a long press on the power button (5 seconds seem enough).

I’m not sure to understand the point of flashing the firmware: the last version in the Pablo’s Google Drive is 20200416, my watch was shipped around 20200525, so I suppose it was up to date, no?
Or does this act as a kind of “deep” reset? In this case, I will try to flash it tonight.

To flash the watch doesn’t help on mine.

@k-1-1 Sorry, just because it didn’t work for you doesn’t mean it doesn’t work for others. We have to rule out a software problem.

1 Like

I understand that, the answer didn’t meant to be rude. Sorry

1 Like

It is yes so its worth a try before returning . Thanks

OK, I’m trying to do that.

However, I’m confused with this :

Watch should be well charged and powered off

What is the way to power off the watch whitout the screen!?

You will have to run the battery flat , then fully charge , dont power on

1 Like