My screen on Kronosblade Genesis is totally black

Thanks, I finally managed to power off blind the watch.

Flashing process went smooth, but the issue remains: the watch starts, I hear the sound, the WiiWatch 2 app even tries (and succeeds) to reconnect to the watch.
As I’ve initially said, I can see that the screen is backlighted, but there’s no display.

What do you think?

I am confused: After flashing the firmware, the watch should no longer automatically connect to the smartphone. This needs to be set up again. I would guess that something didn’t work while flashing the firmware.

1 Like

It makes sense… I give it a new try.

New flashing, same behaviour, nothing better.

I should have been more specific: after the flashing process, the watch doesn’t exactly reconnect automatically. That’s my bluetooth’s phone which ask me to authorize a new device, with a new authentication code.

But I definitily can see kind of very tiny “ghost” display, under a certain angle of view, maybe something to do with the reflectivity. I can clearly guess the two QR codes of my first run, then I press several times the return button, and I finally distinguish the default watchface.

So I’m quite sure the flash works. The flash tool proceeds well:

and a (very) quick look on the logs doesn’t make me see any error.

I’m not very aware about how the reflective screen is made. Is there different layers? May one of them have died or be disconnected?

Thanks for trying . Sounds like a hardware issue . Explain to jason what you have done with us for a return. Sorry for your bad news .

1 Like

Hi.

OK, I thank you all for your help and advices.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

You too. Best of luck

Watch sent to Jason.

It’s now in the chinese factory too.

Wait and see.

1 Like

So my watch screen has done the same thing as described above. Have tried refrigerating, rebooting etc no success. I get the start-up sounds etc just no screen. I’m also super careful with my stuff so have never bumped or put the watch under any hard use.

Jason advised contacting the forum regarding re-flashing, is there a more up to date firmware than posted above? Or an easy to follow guide on how to do this?

Sadly no , this is the latest firmware

1 Like

With regret, I have not been able to correct the issue with the firmware upgrade… I did notice, that if I turn the screen on an extreme angle I can see the tiniest amount of the screen displayed. So it appears the Genesis screen has failed in some way…

Thats a shame . As you have tried all possible solutions above i’m afraid there is nothing more i can do . Sorry

1 Like

Thanks for you help @Dr_Andy_Vishnu I’ve now purchased a Lem 12 Pro as a replacement.

1 Like