List of launchers thread

I could have really used a list of smartwatch compatible launchers when I got my first watch. I hope this thread can be a resource for anyone looking for new launchers to try and/or keep an eye on.

Here are a few of the launchers I’ve tried and/or gonna keep my eye on:

Universal Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricktop.ClockSkinCoco

Circle Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.ezmac.circlelauncher

L-Launcher: L-Launcher Support Thread - Android Software & Development - Full Android Watch

Honey Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.honeyteam.honeylauncher&hl=en_US&gl=US

Nova Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en_US&gl=US

Please add on to this list with launchers you’ve tried and can recommend.

2 Likes

The universal Launcher in the Playstore is not longer updated. You’ll find the newest version here in the forum:
-ClockSkinCoco-3.6.apk - Google Drive

Here is the whole thread:
-Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

5 Likes

It will be usefull to hear your views on the circle and honey launchers :+1:

1 Like

Circle launcher gets the job done, but I didn’t use it much so I don’t have a lot to say about it. I’m definitely keeping my eye on Honey Launcher, however. It’s a new minimalist launcher that lets you pick one widget and a few favorite apps for your home screen. The home apps are organized in a honeycomb pattern which looks great on a round screen. It’s not perfect, obviously. You’ll need a separate app for your settings like data, wifi, airplane mode, etc., the main widget doesn’t fill the whole screen, the home page apps could be bigger, and sometimes home apps appear in random sizes. I don’t have those last two problems when I use Honey Launcher on my phone, however.

The launcher is still in development and it wasn’t designed with smartwatch users in mind. It does show a lot of potential, though… If the launcher was more polished, I would probably be using it now. I’m not saying the smartwatch community should bully the developer into catering specifically to us, but a part of me wishes we would lol

If anyone’s curious, I’m currently using Nova Launcher with Pujie Black watch face widget. I have an app called Transparent Widget layered on top of Pujie Black to give me invisible app buttons in the corners of my watch face.

1 Like

Kospet Launcher.

Just found this. I love this simple little launcher. Totally idiot proof. Not really customizable though.

Moderator edit:
Link removed due to copyright breaches.

1 Like

@derryc0w that is about to be banned from the play store for copyright reasons.
He used the Kospet brand name for two very basic apps and also took the very silly step of charging people for them.
Legal action is on the way…
Still can’t believe he did it for such a basic app :joy::joy:

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Ive just stumbled across Niagara Launcher by accident in the play store. I think if you are app driven and top bar looking at either notificarions or the things you see when you drag down on your phone such as wifi, plane mode etc then its really good. You can create your own app list for front page and group them if you want. Im using this on both my lemfo lem 16 and also my phone. Im really impressed with it. You dont get the usual watch face, but if you like your apps close to hand and easily accessible you cant go wrong. You can get to any app in seconds. For some reason i cant add images to my post but ill see if i can edit and add some
Edit: heres a few images to show, apologies not the best but hopefully you can see. The free version is ad free, and the paid for adds a few extra options.

Image 1 is the home screen, customised by me.
Image 2 is a view of the notification screen. (You can also view notifications on apps youve saved on home screen as a sub menu on the screen under the app)
Image 3 is a view of all apps and tou can filter this to hide apps you dont want to see.

6 Likes

Hi!! I’m very impressed with this launcher!!

Only a question, could you please explain me how to set up a wallpaper on it?

I’ve got a black screen only and from Niagara configuration → Appearance → Niagara wallpaper, can’t find the set up option…

I like very much the one you putted there on your watch.

1 Like

Try square mode as setting up a wallpaper on stock Android requires to access the top bar corner at the Gallery app that won’t show in full screen

4 Likes

If you scroll down the bottom of your a-z list, then click Niagara settings, then click look, you can click wallpaper to choose from your device, or click Niagara launchers wallpapers to pick one of their wallpapers to download(mine is in there)

2 Likes

Nice find guys.
I will check it out.

I’d tried this but the ‘Set as’ option didn’t showed me the wallpaper option.
Only four icons app appeared, but anything about wallpaper option.
I’m speaking from the Google gallery app. The stock gallery even gives me less options.

Are you on FAW or stock?

I have a Lemfo LEMP, full Android watch with stock firmware

Here you go. I was sure it was on there but I’ve looked myself and can’t find it, so I must have got it somewhere else. Here you go, I have attached to this message :grin:

Thanks men, anyway I can’t never set any pic as wallpaper, the option simply isn’t on any place

If you download this app then open any image on your device through this app it is much easier to set any image as your wallpaper.

2 Likes