Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

@G1NT0N1C @pablo11 …ah…ive just checked again and if i select at the start up screen which launcher i wont to choose ,ie the stock launcher and select always, it works…and the same for UL…so which ever launcher you are using if you select ALWAYS use that launcher at the begining The long press power button - recent tasks option does then work and does allow you to close recent tasks

3 Likes

Good to hear you sorted that out.

2 Likes

@Logan1
Nice, thanks for the update and I’m so sorry for not explaining that along with all the permissions you have to accept for UL when you install it, you “should” set it as the default app for the “Home” app.

As you mentioned in a previous post - it’s easy for us admins to assume that people have researched all the details about these processes.
It’s not because we don’t care.
It’s because sometimes we are not always around to answer questions. We do this voluntarily and have families, and we all have to go to work.
So we promote self education and community support. :+1:

It’s interesting that you have had no problems setting it as the default launcher (Home) app.
There were some reports that when using Android 11 and UL - setting it as default home app seemed to be undone after a reboot. The SL would be set back as default automatically :thinking:

Definitely good news for UL fans that the recent tasks are still accessible using UL if it is set up perfectly.

1 Like

i never tested to see if it reverts back to standard launcher after a reboot,but thats not a problem anyway i can just select it again in the menu, it only takes seconds and will stay that way untill the next reboot,so i dont consider it a problem,at least we have a choice of using 2 different launchers, i actually like that fact if it reverts back to stock,i also like that if you do choose the JUST ONCE option when starting instead of ALWAYS, every time you do reboot it gives you a choice at start up of which launcher you want to use…and once started a quick press of the power button (not a long press the power button) instead of turning off the face display it allows you to switch between launchers instantly,but then you sacrifice being able to use the close recent tasks function…

Great.
Sounds like you are well on top of it :+1:

1 Like

Is there any video of universal launcher working?

Cause I don’t want to take any unnecessary risk or avoid loosing my time installing thinks that I don’t even know how it looks or if the are useless for my needs (don’t take me wrong please, I’m just knowing this kinda apps, don’t wanna screwing up my watch)

1 Like

It’s a simple app.
Install and uninstall, very easy.
There may be a video on our yt channel (linked at the top of this forum) but seriously, I’m not sure what you are concerned about.
Install it on your mobile phone if you want to check it out.
It works on there as well.

3 Likes

there’s a video demo link in the first post.

3 Likes

Alright man this is the part when with shaking voice I tell you… Shut up and take my money!!!:joy::joy:

Looks like AWESOME really.

Most all of my clockskins work only with Universal Launcher only. I can make them look realistic that way with the lighting changing on top of the hands as they move. Each of my watchfaces is hand drawn to match the original watch, not just a cropped image of a hand or a background image.

3 Likes

By the way, here is how to make realistic watch hands for use with Universal Launcher.
How to make a realistic hand! - Round Custom Faces / Custom Faces Developement & Guides - Full Android Watch

3 Likes

Hi man, could you send me some screenshots by PM? So I can see and decide, jeje
Thanks a lot

screenshots of what?

Sorry, didn’t saw your second post with the link on it, it was a misunderstood, forget it! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Oh that’s ok. :slightly_smiling_face: I have this installed on my watch…
RAR - Apps on Google Play
If you download a ZIP file watchface from a download link directly on the watch, you can use RAR to unzip it and specify the ClockSkin folder as the destination for the unzipped file. Very simple this way.

4 Likes

Thanks @Louis_Peek
Good to hear from you :+1:

2 Likes

I made a video of this

5 Likes

Hi Pablo!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

2 Likes