LEM T Reviews and FAQs

Received my Lemfo Lem T from AliExpress Lemfo Official Store today. Only took about 8 days to get to the UK. Excellent!

Sad news is looks like the screen on my new watch is defective. Ive emailed them pictures and the following video so I hope they can do the right thing.

youtu.be/HP4y7gasUQ4

First time ive received a faulty item from AliExpress. A real disappointment as I was looking forward to using this watch. Any ideas what could be the fault. I see some of you have taken apart (im not that brave). Maybe a lose ribbon, but which one?

Also, a proper launcher basically did what I wanted. So simple. But Iā€™d have never thought of it on a watch. I guess it really is almost full android lol

1 Like

@MiniNuke im getting this this checksum error when i select the scatter file and cant figure out whats wrong and it wont let me upload an image. i followed the directions you layed out as best i could but some of the links are dead so i had to search for (hopefully) the same files elsewhere. im runnin outta steam hereā€¦ and it wouldnt ever have occurred to me that i could use a different launcher

1 Like

I will talk to them today and try to get the video downloaded - they have issues accessing youtube

Basically looks like the package has been shocked or dropped at some point.
The screen does this if it suffers a shock impact.
Thatā€™s really bad luck :frowning:

2 Likes

Do you have the 3gb + 32gb version of the watch?
If so then you can remove the checksum generator from the firmware folder and then re-load the firmware into the flash tool. - as long as you are sure you have the correct version.

1 Like

Right above step 21 there is a photo. Delete those two highlighted items

Thank you Pablo. Very much appreciated.

The box, packaging, and watch itself are in perfect condition as you can see in the video. Yep, a real disappointment as at first I thought Wow that was quick delivery considering the pandemicā€¦my excitement was short lived as soon as I turned it on.

Not sure if this makes the video easier to get to

drive.google
.com/file/d/1QFCMmgIBalHQjVSvEcEOWf5siyU7AObk/view?usp=drivesdk

Let me know if I can do anything else. Ive sent them a message in AliExpress too.

Back to my Microwear H2 watch it is then.

2 Likes

Yes thatā€™s a lot better - video I mean.
Unfortunately itā€™s a public holiday in China at the moment.
They are unavailable until Monday.
But I will do my best :+1:

3 Likes

I really appreciate your help. No rush.

Btw, I used to be in the Openwatch telegram group. Nice to see the Developers in the forum. Sean, Iscleā€¦thanks for the TWRP. I remember these guys helping with the H2 as well. I can see from their github that Iscle has the device and vendor treeā€™s for this device (Lem T). Looks interesting.

1 Like

Sorry to tag you at the weekend. Im not expecting any reply from you, just wanted to keep you and other potential buyers in the loop.

Ive had a few messages through AliExpress Lemfo Official Store.They just say send it back through normal post (Royal Mail) but i can see from an admins comment on here and from the royal mail website that I could be in trouble sending it all back as the lithium battery inside is a prohibited item (it could be confiscated in the postā€¦or in extreme circumstances I could face criminal charges) China may also have an issue with the included lithium battery one or the admins on here said. Ive sent Lemfo Official Store on AliExpress the video proof on Google drive, the royal mail proof of being a prohibited item due to battery, but it all appears lost in translation and broken English. I can send you screen shots if you want via PM. Im not sure what the best way forward is. I havenā€™t Confirmed receipt of the item on AliExpress, and I havenā€™t raised a dispute. Not sure if you will have better luck explaining with your contact on Monday etc. Im just stuck on what to do next. Last thing i want is to cause issues with the forums relationship with Lemfo by making the wrong decision.

Ive never been in this situation before. 7 Xiaomi Phones, 3 other smart watches and various other kit from AliExpress. Only issue I ever had was a faulty set of headphones, which seller sorted very quickly. Looking at one of the posts on here it looks like 2 other users have had the screen go the same way.

Donā€™t worry about replying back over the weekend. I fully understand you do this as a hobby, and need rest/family time at weekend. :+1:

My speaker blew in the first week and the seller immediately opted for partial refund and suggested getting it repaired locally. I see why they did that now.

1 Like

I really need that link to the videoā€¦ Not on YouTube because they canā€™t access it or any other Google service.
If you can send me a PM with all the details it would be extremely helpful.

Order number, link to video etcā€¦

Cheers

Iā€™m going to say this because ā€œnot able to send itā€ is not going to help most attempted requests for refund or replacement.

We all have the same issue about posting items with batteries inside.
I get around it by sending the item by a cheap third party postal service and in the item details I donā€™t declare the battery. I just say it is a watch and give a value.
Seems to be ok for me.

2 Likes

Just got this watch Friday, took over a month to get it but its here.
I wanted it mainly for fitness but being a tech nerd got this one as it seems the performance of the unit was greatly talked about. It is a banger of a watch. I have rooted many phones before and no stranger to the complexities of rooting. NOW I do not want to root this watch it I do not have to, to accomplish my goal.
I would like a launcher and still use the main activity main watch screen. As in say use nova BUT when the watch faces and the steps music, etc. gestures are still in place. I have not found a way to do this. I have tried other launchers and they do not even have access to lock screens or notifications etc.
Do I have to root to get this functionality? I want to check my steps bpm etc. while listening to music. The bluetooth seems to be weak I have tried 3 different blue tooth ear buds and when running it seems to disconnect frequently which is unfortunate. Also MiniNuke I have all your apps and some dont run. DO they need root ex. Madopen 2 just crashes and yes I have installed it and put the .obb is the proper place ect. If I have to keep the stock launcher I will as it does its purpose minus the fitness app. While working out twice it just crashed and had to start the activity all over again. This is an awsome watch I highly recommened it. I have to use an armband underneath when I wear it as it digs into my wrist. Not a big deal and it is on the heavy side. Super useful device. Also when I put my sim in I miss notifications from messages as well as say FB messenger I have to open the app to catch up. Anyways just some of my first impressions. I miss the traditional notificcation bar and the usual settings but all liveable as this used for fitness!

Iā€™ts not possible to do this. You could make you own launcher thoughā€¦

root shouldnā€™t make any difference in regard to this

why wouldnā€™t you be able to do so? (unless you use youtube to listen to music)

you have to turn off battery saver, and, if youā€™re on mobile data, data saver as well

2 Likes

I figured as much, thanks for responding. Ill just use the stock launcher and get used to it.
The music was not working when I was using the fitness app during an activity. Ill just have to get a new fitness app, anyone have any suggestions? Also headphones any recommendations on ones that actually stay connected? Thanks this watch is awesome I was hoping to use it as my daily driver but unfortunately itā€™ll just be a companion to my phone.

This is the best sports app by far . Also uses the built in heart rate monitor ( make sure you activate under sensors ) in watch and exclude app from battery saver etc

The headphones are not always the problem with these watches when running . Its often weak bluetooth. I have had good results with one cheap earbud in one ear only on the same side as i have the watch .

Thank you I will try this app>
I noticed that as well with the headphones one side stayed connected better than the side that was furthest from the watch. I guess one headphone is better than none. Also the heart monitor light on the back is there a way to turn it off when you are not wearing it? It is constantly flashing when I have it off and not wearing it?

It shouldnt be on all the time . It must be draining your battery . Has it been like this from day one ? Iā€™m assuming you have closed down the app. Normally a factory reset should correct this

I never noticed it until today. Its alright though I just turn it off as I use it just in the morning for my workout. This Running App is it stand alone or does it need to save progress to a phone? I would like to just have all the information on the watch only. Thanks again!