LEM T Reviews and FAQs

Yes . When it is ready . A lot of work goes into it :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the .xml, have you got a link to the latest wfd?

Its not complete yet . Hopefully soon :+1:

OK… so I loaded the xml file into watchface designer, and I can see the various layers that make up the watchface. I have also watched a couple of vids on youtube on how to use the the WFD.
How do the widgets on the image layer launch the apps in an active clockskin… where is the coding done for this?

Open this and look at the .xml file

The changes i did manually . But this will not be a problem for ever :wink:

1 Like

Aha… (I thought I was missing something fundamental in the WFD and losing the plot!)… thanks a million :slight_smile:

I am really looking forward to the release of the new WFD now. :+1:

1 Like

No probs . Enjoy :+1:

For anyone trying to root that is already familiar with the programs, doesn’t need pictures, or just wants to make sure they understood the existing root guide:

Flash firmware using SP Flash Tool -

• Turn watch off
  • Load scatter and images (system, boot)
  • Click “Download”
  • Connect watch to PC

Turn on the watch and complete setup

Install Magisk Manager
Copy magisk.zip, boot.img, and recovery to sdcard

Flash recovery as boot w/ SP Flash Tool (see above)
Click the boot image slot and select the TWRP image

Boot watch (into recovery)

Install boot and recovery images (in TWRP)
Install magisk.zip (in TWRP)
Reboot watch and complete setup

To update to a newer / different firmware, you can use TWRP
Flash the system.img and boot.img followed by the magisk.zip
This also works if you delete something unintentional.

1 Like

thanks for the detailled reply MiniNuke

1 Like

Can some one please share a working FM Radio APK for MT6739 on Nougat android 7.1.1 ? I am not looking for live FM radio which uses wifi/network data instead I am looking for stock FM Radio APK which makes use of buit in hardware and I confirmed MT6739 chip supports FM Radio built-in. Appreciate any help.

Maybe the chip support it. Not sure, I don’t know why you think so. But the rest of the watch doesn’t. It won’t work.

Chip does support so that is not a concern. Whether rest of the watches does or not is also not a concern. But looks like it is a bigger problem to solve, I see fmradio.driver.enable=0 in build.prop and I dont see the fm drivers under lib folder. So just installing apk wont be enough instead we need a recovery patch zip file with drivers, update to build.prop and apk installation ! Anyone want to attempt ?

What you need is a FM tuner. There isn’t any. So there is some hardware missing, not only software…

If I am not wrong hardware is NOT missing because MT6739 chip has it built in. All we need is a driver to interact with that hardware and a software which is FM tuner as you said…

You are wrong. But good luck. I promise to no longer confuse you with facts from now on.

2 Likes

I may be wrong, but if the driver is not included in the kernel there’s not much we can do. Also it usually requires some sort of antenna through a wired audio for example.

1 Like

If he has read the product page then that would be good enough reason to believe so.

It could be that the mainboard doesn’t support it, if they have chosen not to make the connections between the two pins I’ve circled in the following picture and the MT6625L

It does seem that the MT6625L even includes a short antenna, so as long as the mainboard has made the two connections between the MT6739 and the MT6625L required for FM, then everything should be in place hardware-wise. However, as far as I understand it, our watches doesn’t use the regular MT6739, for example, AIDA64 reports that my bakeey A4 uses the MT6739WA. It could be that these versions does not have the capability to receive FM signals.

Anyways, I think that the amount of work needed to maybe get it working wouldn’t be worth it

2 Likes

The different chip types differ in how memory is used, and I think they can also differ on clock speed. That said, however, all of them should have the same features, including FM.

On the other hand, I don’t think those pads are connected. It’s already a tricky job to layout all the traces in a 8 layer board, so they must have just left those off. However, feel free to try another firmware from another phone and see if you can get it working…

2 Likes

I though that even if it had a FM tuner on the MB then is still wont work do to the aerial. Most old pre android watch phones use the plugin type earphone as the aerial. Unless the Lem t can use others antennas for same purpose?!