Kospet Prime S teething trouble

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: LEMFO LEM P 4gb + 64gb (Prime style watch) support thread

It is really very sad that FT cannot be used in these watches, being such a useful tool, it would be very convenient to find out what are the necessary permissions to use this tool correctly since I would really need it in this watch.

Which watch and what is FT…?

1 Like

Jajajaja I mean floating toucher

Ah I see.
Yes it seems to be a permissions problem with the app.
It needs to be able to appear over the top of all apps and this seems to break it.

I might have a look at it when I get time, but I must admit that I don’t like this chipset and it makes things difficult :frowning:

It needs this permission as well as quite a few others

Hi. I need help with my Prime S. I recently bought the smartwatch and inserted a 4g simcard. The problem is i can’t make or receive a phone call and send or receive sms. The weird thing is the mobile data is working. I’m from Malaysia and using a simcard from the network called Yes4G. I tried the simcard with other smartwatch (aladeng w5 4g smartphone) and can make/receive phone calls,sms and mobile data. Can some help me please. Thank you in advance

Can you check the IMEI number is still there?
Go to the settings and About Watch and then Status… Should be able to see the long imei number.
You can also check the APN settings in the cellular settings.

1 Like

yes the IMEI nos are there(2 watches and both have the same problem).
the IMEI nos are:
1- 869433050087363
2- 869433050086845

I’ve also checked the APN settings. the settings are as follows:
Name: yes internet
APN: yesnet
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: not set
MCC: 502
MNC: 152
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,xcap,supl
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: Not set

I’ve checked with the network provider’s FAQ site on the APN settings and it says that only the Name and APN should be set to yesnet and to leave other unspecified fields as defaults.

Not to be too basic but have you double-checked that the voice bands of the watch are compatible with your carrier? Voice and SMS may go over different bands than data. Just trying to help.

1 Like

It may well be that the carrier rejects the Chinese IMEI numbers.
This is possible and happens in a couple of countries.

2 Likes

so it seems that I need to check with the network provider?

just double-checked and they use bands 38 and 40 (according to wiki) which the device supports. but it says that they are “the first and only all-4G and all-IP network provider in Malaysia”(also according to wiki). it also says that they use VoLTE. does the watch support VoLTE?

So according to Kospet’s site, all Asian countries are supported and the Prime S is VOLTE compatible.

Sorry for the confusion because I’m stumped now. Hopefully others will have insight.

VOLTE will work if the carrier allows it on all devices.
To be honest it sounds like you should have good chat with the carrier support team.

They are really the best people to help you now I think.

2 Likes

thank you sirs @pablo11 and @good4life for the replies. I’ll check with the network provider.