Kospet Prime S teething trouble

:rofl: Well Iā€™m no expert (I donā€™t think any member of the forum would disagree with that statement! :crazy_face:) But I think perhaps you were possibly drinking light beer during the swipe a thon? Better try at least half a bottle of spirits next time (I believe that the good Dr Andy gets well and truly soused before he has a swipe session :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) But no matter what state of intoxication, you wonā€™t find better help that here on the forum. :+1: Cheers, 'Make mine a double"!, Doons

whenever Iā€™m suffering a case of the lock-down blues, coming here and reading threads like this somehow always brings a smile to my face. :grinning: :laughing: :grinning:

1 Like

He did it! @pablo11 had me load a bunch of stuff in a PC, turn over control, and I watched him sail through a concert of clicks and drags. He called on me for percussion participating to accentuate the highlights in the score. It took tap of the top watch button followed by a USB insert and a glorious five minutes or so holding the watch as the progress bar slowly scrolled across the screen, only to start again and again for each partition being rewritten. Not your motherā€™s SP Tools by any means. Finally it was done. But not over.

Flashing was finished but the pseudo science of wishing the watch to start still had to take place. Itā€™s not easy to know what actually worked, but after pressing and prodding, swiping and holding, connecting and disconnecting power, and burning incense, one magical touch and it sprung back to glorious KOSPET life with v1.3 firmware oosing through itā€™s veins.

So back on track for a review of this puppy soon. Infinite thanks to @pablo11. There is a path to restoration in all this, and now we know it works.

5 Likes

No worries @SmartWatch_Ticks
My pleasure

1 Like

Haha . Thats some speech Mr Ticks :+1: . Congratulations

@pablo11 is the man :+1:

2 Likes

you should have called me Mr Ticks, I would have written a symphony to accompany @pablo11 ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Another observation not related to the flashing or resetting, the touch interface over the keyboard is severely out of alignment in the lower right, particularly around the green ā€˜enterā€™ button. Trying to tap it is a real art. The nearby keys, like period and ā€˜mā€™ are also hard to hit correctly. Iā€™ve worked with many 1.6" screen Android watches, and this is by far the worst. Took me forever to just enter my WiFi PW. Not sure if itā€™s just me and my fat fingers or this watch or something affecting others. How are you guys doing tapping that enter button?

1 Like

OK Guys, Iā€™ve figured out the ā€˜black screen of deathā€™ issue that started this conversation, and itā€™s NOT related to any of the custom faces I installed on the PRIME S. In a nutshell:

WARNING: THE APP ā€œFLOATING TOUCHERā€ WILL BRICK THE PRIME S REQUIRING FLASHING THE WATCH TO RECOVER!

Now the background. Thanks to you guys with suggestions like making sure I opened Settings before messing around with recreating the black screen scenario, I was able to isolate Floating Toucher by doing a factory restore, opening and closing Settings, side loading and setting up Floating Toucher, and, while messing around with it, had it basically NOT return control back to the watch. So it sat there running in overlay. I knew it was there because the white dot was there and I could activate and see it on the screen, but hitting the ā€˜homeā€™ icon closed it out to a black screen (except for the white button). So I went to Recent Tasks, launched back into settings, over to factory restore and reset the watch.

Then I set this all up again, same results, and with FT overlaying a black screen, I launched into Settings from Recent Tasks, went to Apps and force quit, then uninstalled Floating Toucher. Guess what?

It didnā€™t fix things. All I could do was see the black screen, or activate the power button menu. Thank you thank you thank you for the advice to have opened Settings, because, once again, I was able to get back to the factory restore option and restore into a working watch.

S, do not install Floating Toucher, even though it will physically install with Android 9 on this watch (note: it wonā€™t install on any Android 10 watches but it DOES install and WORK CORRECTLY in FAW International Android 10 firmware). IF you do experiment with it (shame on you!) open and close Settings first so you can always get to it with a long press of the power button and tap on Recent Tasks.

And now we know.

6 Likes

It cannot work without the correct permissions and strangely does not ask for all the required permissions when it is installedā€¦ :thinking:

So I have to say that it is a risk and probably should not be used until I do some research about it.
Thanks @SmartWatch_Ticks

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Difficulties upgrading

Not just you but oddly my wife can hit it on her first try from the passenger seat while Iā€™m driving and my daughter (who has my fingers and she hates it ) canā€™t touch the corners either until a recent update which apparently address the issue but didnā€™t address the Bluetooth issue

@Gazman I think you should write something to go with the forumā€¦ Obviously only if you feel like itā€¦ :+1:
Ode to FAW for example :grinning:
That would be awesome :grin::notes::notes::notes::notes::guitar::guitar:

1 Like

@montanacrm301
The problem was the Touch panel driver.
It was way out in calibrationā€¦
What is the BT issue you are having?
Excuse me asking again but this thread is a little hectic :joy:

The device will not connect to gaofit nor will it connect to my phone via Bluetooth setting but it will connect to watchdroid Iā€™m wondering if I should reset my phone which is a note 20 ultra running Android 11 was thinking maybe the Bluetooth info was currupted some how I donā€™t want to reset my device itā€™s set up how I like and I have alot of heavy apps that will take forever to download again any help would be tremendous

You are supposed to scan the QR code on the watch to download the app for the phone.

Is this how you installed it?

Yes sir and from the beginning it was doing the connect disconnect thing so I rebooted the watch and phone it got a little better until it flat out just wouldnā€™t connect at all so I uninstalled the app did a factory reset on the watch and did the syncing action again thatā€™s when the condition Iā€™m dealing with now showed itā€™s face the app on my phone nor my phone through settings would connect to the phone but 8 can connect to watch Droid without issue ā€¦ Also today I was able to prt my contacts via Bluetooth from my phone but will not connect for anything else

Do you think a reset of my phone may help itā€™s not the watch Iā€™ve connected to my Chromebook via Bluetooth, my tablet and just to prove to me itā€™s my phone my wife was able to connect with her note 10 does Android 11 not play well with the watch or could the Bluetooth file been currupted some how on my phone

I would suspect that it is a permissions issue on your phone.
When you scan the QR code and install it on the phone - it should ask you to enable all the correct permissions.
But sometimes this does not work and you have to manually check all the permissions.

Same for the watch.
You must check that the background ā€œcleanerā€ app must be set to OFF in the Optimisation section on the watch and also the other permissions needed.
Usually, if you have scanned and installed the app will do this correctly.

So the issue most likely comes from the phone.
For example, if you setup your phone using BT settings, it will not work correctly.
For correct setup you need to open the app on your phone and then scan the sync QR code which will pick up the MAC address of the watch and create a permanent connection.

Lastly, the app was developed with Android 9 and 10.
So there might be an issue with Android 11. Unfortunately I canā€™t test this.

I strongly advise you to use Watch Droid tethering app.
Much better.

Also remember that your watch only has 1gb or ram so you may have to kill all other running tasks and keep minimal apps installed.

3 Likes

On initial start up I did everything you described I really think itā€™s a android 11 thing all permissions were granted except one the background sport setting there is no toggle for this permission Iā€™m pretty good with technology so Im certain there is no permission on my phone for the sports background also my phone just recently received the Android 11 when idk Iā€™m wondering if when I got the update is when everything went to the crapper unfortunately I see a reset coming for my note 20

Iā€™ve figured out how to get the watch to connect I noticed all of my Bluetooth transmission was currupted so instead of doing a full fledge reset I just reset the data connection and Wala connection with no issue no disconnect reconnect shananigins so Iā€™m assuming after the Android 11 update wifi configuration or something like that change now Iā€™m a happy camper I can actually understand the temperature

1 Like