Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

Yeah, I think it is bugfix firmware because I have noticed that battery life has improved with 1.7.

4 Likes

Hi,
Just flashed 1.7 right now. Just disabling userdata.
Everything fine.
I will check later for battery life.

I would not bother testing battery life if you have not factory reset or used firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.
Too many cobwebs left over from the previous version.

But I am happy to say that I have definitely noticed an improvement. A few hours more compared to the previous version :+1:

3 Likes

Just by keeping apps ?
Normally we should feel the enhancement even in that case…

A clean install is always recommended . You will be surprised what gets left behind in watch ( not just from apps )

2 Likes

Yes surely. One day, I’ll make an effort to do this clean install.

1 Like

Hi guys, I installed the new update 17_B then I restored the factory configuration but I note that the bubble display of the apps does not allow to plug on the peripheral apps because you cannot bring them to the area useful for tapping them. now I check how long the battery lasts, I noticed a better sensitivity of the screen but maybe is just a coincidence. Good evening.

hi to all guys, I installed 1.7 firmware, restored to factory settings, flashed again with twrp and then rooted with magisk. :wink:
Now I will test the battery life.
thks

I’ve never really needed to boot to twrp after installing it, magisk root works fine
So next time I suppose I’ll just flash the patched boot.img, no twrp

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s about right.
Once you have magisk you can do what you want.

2 Likes

Where is the guide for full reset FW upgrade ?

I flashed the twrp-KW_C7S_LF LT and boot magisk image of 1.5 firmware and 1.7 scatter.
I rooted the watch not for custom roms as in my phone,but only for have a complete control of the device and can install root apps as adaway, macrodroid,do a nano backup,etc.
P.s.after 1 day and with a clean install,the battery looks great.
Bye

1 Like

I did so
https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/the-kospet-prime-official-post/50234/510?u=malex

Here -

Firmware -

How to video -

1 Like

I don’t have the need to use root apps (yet), but everything that has to do with battery optimization concerns me :smiley: So, does the battery use impromevent has to do with the new firmware update itself, or it’s about the clean install of the firmware with twrp? I flashed the new firmware update yesterday with SP flash tool and everything was erased (i left all the options, including userdata, selected). I suppose that all data from the smartwatch have been erased, right?

Easy way to be sure is factory reset after the flash.
If you use download only mode in the flash tool - this is the best way to make clean after flashing.

3 Likes

That’s the way i did it,thanks :slight_smile:

I am having trouble getting the Flashing started. Some questions:

• Is windows 10 (32 bit) supported ?
  • There are 2 versions of the MTK driver: 1.1032.0 and 1.1121.0, Tutorial pdf says to use 1032, so I did that. But windows 10 reports that a driver did not install properly and ask if I want to install it in compatibility mode. I tried with and without this, with same results:

When I connect the watch (which I have powered off as in the video tutorial, pdf does not instruct to power off the watch), the watch initially displays the battery charging, but then the charge animation freezes, but I never get progress on the flashing progress bar in the bottom of flash program.

Any hints ?

Hi Dot, I first put the watch in the charger,I control if the usb connection notification appear in the watch,then,without move the watch in the charger,I press the main button to restart the warch and I push the button downolad in sp.
when watch restart,Sp could find your watch and start flashing.

Thx Malex, did you install the drivers in compatibility mode in Win10 ?