Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

The watch is off before flashing.

I do step by step but the flashing stay on that

Finaly i redo with download mode and itā€™s ok, thank you

1 Like

Good new, the watch itā€™s alive!!! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hi,

I know this is sounds like a repeat, Iā€™ve been going through several threads from Lem 8/10 and this one to figure out how to root magisk again. Can someone walk me through the steps?

I tried method 1: patching the boot image with magisk manager, but root checker says Iā€™m not rooted.

Method 2: Iā€™m a little confuse with it but either way I think the part I might be stuck on is how to use TWRP to install magisk properly.

Iā€™ve downloaded Kospet_Prime_v1.5_B_20191106.

I really appreciate the help here. Iā€™ve rooted my Lem X before but not having much luck this time around. Thank you!

1. From here get twrp for prime by deadman96385, then flash it to both boot and recovery partitions
  2. Then start the watch, itā€™ll boot into twrp. From there you can a) flash the magisk patched boot or b) flash the official boot img for the prime and then flash magisk.zip
1 Like

Thereā€™s no need to go to all this bother.
Version 1.5 has both the twrp from Deadman and the patched boot image included as optional. I attached it to the post ages ago to make it easierā€¦

When you have loaded the firmware into flash tool you just click on the recovery image name and select the twrp version.
Then click on the boot image name and select patched boot. These steps are done in the SP flash interface.
Once you have flashed you let it boot fully and then you can either use USB connection to ā€œadb reboot recoveryā€ and then flash full magisk package or just after first boot, install magisk manager and enable Wi-Fi and then update magisk.
Either way works fine

But whateverā€¦ I have slightly more urgent issues to deal with here in Australia.

5 Likes

Hi guys,first,thanks Pablo11 for your help about it and my best wishes to you for the Weather situation in Austalia.
Iā€™ve a question: can I use the pathced boot image and twrp for prime in the 1.5 firmware zip and loading the 1.6 firmware in sp Flash tools ,so I have the root and last firmware in the watch in one step only?
thank in advice to all

Yes, it works fine.
I recommend you use the firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.
So it will wipe everything.

2 Likes

ok,rooted and upgraded to 1.6 version.
in sp,I selected the twrp-KW_C7S_LF LT.img and in boot the magisk patched boot image of the 1.5 firmware,and loaded the 1.6 firmware image.
Then ,when restart the watch and activated the debug usb,copied the magisk.zip in the the watch,restart in recovery with adb and flashed magisk.

thks

2 Likes

Possibly the best way to customize your Prime is to flash twrp recovery and Magisk patched boot image.
This will allow you to explore modifications that might suit your needs.
However, if you are looking for a WearOS type experience - itā€™s not gonna happen.

What you can do is strip out stock launcher and replace it with Universal Launcher (excellent for round watches).
Replace stock calander and contacts apps with Google version.
Install various magisk modules for power saving and other functions.

TWRP recovery image and Magisk patched boot image are in this firmware pack https://drive.google.com/file/d/13oIGjFwif5CfMppHEiPTyW6WoBkylyyU/view?usp=sharing
as extras - I posted at the the first post.

Just download the firmware pack, extract and load the scatter file in flash tool.
Deselect everything apart from recovery and boot. Click on each of these (file paths) in the flash tool and select the twrp recovery and patched boot image from the firmware pack.
Then flash these 2 images and boot.

If you need to use twrp recovery just use adb command - adb reboot recovery
And you will see custom recovery.
I recommend copying the latest version of magisk to the watch storage and flashing it from twrp recovery.

Sorry about the hit and run post.
Iā€™m just a little chaotic at the moment.
Cheers
Pablo

5 Likes

Hello everyone. I just bought new Kopset Prime and Iā€™m determined to root it and flash TWRP. I did rooting before on my tablet and smartphone, but never on smartwatch as well as on MediaTek deviceā€¦ So I found this site and Iā€™ve searched through all this post. I found many useful instructions and I think generally I grasped the procedure quite well, just before I start Iā€™d like to ensure about few things. Soā€¦

1. Is V1.6 from 2019-12-23 the latest firmware available?
    If yes, thenā€¦
  2. Should I flash latest firmware first, do factory reset and then flash twrp and patched boot images from V1.5?
    ORā€¦
  3. should I flash full V1.5 firmware first, then use SP Flash Tool to upgrade firmware and do factory reset after that?
    Or maybe both ways are correct?

Thanks in advance and cheers :grinning:

Read my posts about this
My advice is to take the OTA to version 1.6 on your watch.
Then download v1.5 attached to the first post of this thread.
Inside v1.5 you will find twrp recovery and a magisk patched boot image.
Just flash these two images only and then you can flash latest magisk zip file with the recovery.
adb reboot recovery command will get you into recovery after you have flashed it.

Make sure that you copy the latest version of magisk zip to your watch before you boot to recovery.

4 Likes

Being in cooperation with Kospet, is there any way you moderators can motivate them to load the new firmware on the OTA server, so we donā€™t have to go through complex update processes as users please ?

Itā€™s not so hard. You should give a tryā€¦:wink:

Is that a no to requesting Kospet to make life easier for its users ?
I have a Mac computer, is there a flash tool for that ?

Not every firmware version OTA is provided. And if so, then with some delay. We cannot change this procedure. You would normally be unaware of these versions. You only do this because we have made it available beforehand and publish it here.
The versions available through OTA are good. If you want to use a newer version in advance, you have to flash it. And this is really not very complicated.

1 Like

I have a mac also so no this is not possible . Use this to flash if you want to try ( if you can get on a pc )

Dont forget one of @pablo11 recent posts regarding ota updates . He states the manufactures only release ota updates if they think the will really benefit the end user . This isnt always the case with some firmware versions . For example there is a Lem10 firmware on this forum that isnt available ota . This is good news as it made my Lem10 worse and two keys on keyboard dont work

2 Likes

Firmware version 1.7_B added to the OP.
I have no information about change log unfortunately

4 Likes

1.7 firmware Installed with twrp from 1.5 version.
All good but donā€™t see something New.
Thanks Pablo11.