Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

Thanks, and can I just email the admin for this latest September 1.6b update?

Because i cannot find it anywhere, in the root folder, update, download, even android/*ota

I will have a look at the versions I have

2 Likes

Thanks, Pablo. Downloading it…

Actually i just wanted to try if by using the boot.img of the 1.6b, magisk it, and try if i can root my watch by flashing it…

Because had no luck with magisked 1.5b

We already have twrp and patched boot for the Prime…
I’m not sure what you mean?
Its been posted several times.

No, it is Prime “SE”, the 1GB ram variant

It’s same boot image for both Prime and Prime SE
Only the pre loader is different

Is it? Meaning that i am the one who has not found the thread of TWRP and patched boot 1.6b of the Prime (which is the same with the SE version)…

Thanks, i will search more thoroughly… and if you mind, would you point me also?

And it is very ridiculous for me, because i tried patching it myself, and also ported twrp of mediatek 6739 devices, and tried to flash via SPflash, and ended bootloop… so i have to reflash all the rom :joy::joy:

OMG…
Why didn’t you just ask me for root :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hahaha…all the members here are so helping, i was planning to post my result to share something with the fellows here… But, seems i ended up beig the one to be helped…

Would you mind sharing the boot.img and twrp recovery image with me?

It’s here on the forum…
In the Prime section…
Hang on and I will see

It’s bundled with the firmware.
Download V2.3 from here and twrp and patched boot are in there.

And i can just flash this 2.6b (with the TWRP and rooted boot bundled inside), to my 1GB RAM Prime “SE”, with SPFlashTool, without flashing the so-called preloader in advance?

No.
You take the recovery and patched boot image only and flash only these images.

1 Like

Thanks Pablo, will try, and surely will report here :grin:

Update…

Still has no luck, i will try another way…

Magisk root not detected

TWRP cannot start

1 Like

the reason of it probably because boot img patched back twrp into stock recovery.
try using this method here

When is the next firmware update scheduled?
Support for GPay app and increased timeout for “screen on arm raise” are much awaited features.

1 Like

The Kospet prime will not support Gpay. But there is a chance for Prime 2.

1 Like

A heads up for all…
The original Kospet Prime and the Optimus etc are no longer being made and there will be no further firmware updates for these devices.
They are EOSL - deprecated products.
The only ones that are available are any old stock you might be lucky enough to find.

1 Like