Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

It’s here on the forum…
In the Prime section…
Hang on and I will see

It’s bundled with the firmware.
Download V2.3 from here and twrp and patched boot are in there.

And i can just flash this 2.6b (with the TWRP and rooted boot bundled inside), to my 1GB RAM Prime “SE”, with SPFlashTool, without flashing the so-called preloader in advance?

No.
You take the recovery and patched boot image only and flash only these images.

1 Like

Thanks Pablo, will try, and surely will report here :grin:

Update…

Still has no luck, i will try another way…

Magisk root not detected

TWRP cannot start

1 Like

the reason of it probably because boot img patched back twrp into stock recovery.
try using this method here

When is the next firmware update scheduled?
Support for GPay app and increased timeout for “screen on arm raise” are much awaited features.

1 Like

The Kospet prime will not support Gpay. But there is a chance for Prime 2.

1 Like

A heads up for all…
The original Kospet Prime and the Optimus etc are no longer being made and there will be no further firmware updates for these devices.
They are EOSL - deprecated products.
The only ones that are available are any old stock you might be lucky enough to find.

1 Like

the google pay app doesn’t work? It runs fine on my bakeey a4. contactless payments won’t work though

1 Like

@noidremained it seems to be working for some, depending on their location.
So just to be safe, we say that it is not supported yet.

1 Like

@Moderators… Is source for Kospet Prime firmware available? I am thinking of making changes to the firmware as per my own requirments, if at all possible.

Unfortunately it is not open source.
So no, it is not available.
Cheers.

1 Like

Thats Ok. But can we write an app for this smartwatch? Does standard mobile app works fine on smartwatch too?

1 Like

Unfortunately no.
You can use magisk modules but the system/super image is not possible to edit.

What do you need to add?

Cheers

I wanted to add small functionalities like weather auto-update to the standard launcher ( i do not want to use unversal launcher). Probably an app could do it.

That issue is already addressed in the next firmware that will be released. :+1:

2 Likes

if they are releasing a new update, how about adding a functioning download app? the bundled one doesn’t allow you to change folders (limited to “documents”) and open select anything but images and such.

On the KP2, it’s fully working. Reason I wanted a working “download” apps is due to some apps using the poor downloads apk to open files. (ghostracer trying to open gpx files is impossible in KP1)
:frowning:

1 Like

Yes I understand but it is a signature app and I doubt it will be removed.
However, it does not mean that it cannot be fixed.
I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

Instead of fixing the old download apk, can’t it be replaced by the one on the kp2?