Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Another overnight test that seems to verify the Prime 2 uses less battery power by far when the cellular is turned ON , i.e. airplane mode is off. Charged to 100% but not totally full as the inline USB meter showed it was still taking a charge of about 15 ma. After 8 hours it was at 99%. When I turn off cellular (airplane mode on) it loses around 10-12% in around 8 hours. Has Kospet figured out a way to charge the battery from the cellular tower signal (EMF) ? It almost would seem so. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi gyuri, thanks for the lower cost link. I have bought from Aliexpress for several years but this year I’ve had to get refunds on several items that just never show up. I’m wondering if anyone is experiencing this. I wait months and then am asked to wait longer but some items have never shown up. I’ve had better luck lately with China sellers banggood.com and dhgate.com.

I’m sorry. I haven’t had a problem with them lately.
There was a problem in the spring, but now everything is working.

Nice band Mr. Ticks.
Ordered me one of those :ok_hand:

I see the bullet style (looks the same as above) are also available on eBay with quick shipping if you are in the U.S. - about $12 with shipping.

I will create a sub section for the watch face related stuff.

Done
Cheers

4 Likes

@droidtrix
I can confirm that if a Sim card is in the watch, with data turned off - battery drain is definitely less than if Sim card is absent.

This means that something is polling cellular connected all the time and if it is there all good.
If not it keeps trying and therefore uses more power.

This is nothing to do with Kospet.
It is something I need to work through with the board and solution provider.

I’ll let you know when I find out anything.

Curious indeed…

6 Likes

What if SIM card is present, but phone in flight mode. This is what I need to do at home with Prime 1, as the signal is so weak here that the watch struggles the whole day to be connected to the operator.
Thx for looking into this @pablo11, seems like a catch in my situation, where it will use much power for phone no matter if I leave it on or off.

It is only been a discussion point for Android 10.
I have not seen this behaviour in A7.1.1.

In A10 I find the best results are achieved by having a Sim in and data disabled.

But, this is an error somewhere and it will be investigated.

I know, I was talking with reference to the use case for my Prime 2, making it’s way through Europe to me hopefully the comming week. But I realize I didn’t state that :+1:

1 Like

No worries, I understand.
Let’s talk about it more when we get them :+1:

After read this thread I find most earlier batch shipped with engineering sample (ES) version.
I don’t know if this applies to FAW but,

I used to buy few Laptop ES Processors and it doing better in terms of durability compared to Production ones (unlockable multiplier too). since it build more robust to withstand testing. there’s many factor affect to choose ES processor but,

in case of this watch it seems the one shipped is the final ES version. the bugless (in terms of HW) and it will be the standard of mass production version.

If the logic from choosing laptop ES processor works here in FAW then the final ES will be robust compared to later version in production.
So anyone who worries about it should be glad instead. If it’s me I will gladly keep it.

@pablo11, I do have a SIM card in the watch. When Airplane mode is on (so cellular should be off) is when I notice greater battery drain. It sounds like even in this mode maybe something has not been fully implemented to turn off the cellular completely and it is still polling for a signal. That would explain things and be a bug in something (A10 ?) alright :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve got a very sensitive EMF meter which I just did some tests with to try to determine whether it is polling for a cell tower when in Airplane mode. I observed it for several minutes with cellular on and several minutes with cellular off (and all other radios off like Wifi and Bluetooth). With cellular on and the screen off it would oscillate constantly about once per second between 1.5 and 2 with an occasional bounce up to around 4.5 around once a minute. But with cellular off it stayed consistently even at 1.5 with no oscillation and no bounce up like it did on cellular. This may not be proof that it is not polling with cellular off but I think there is some other reason the battery runs down more with cellular off. Or at least it appears there is no EMF generating activity when cellular is off. There is a possibility that the cellular is transmitting a polling signal that is out of range of my meter but normally I believe it would detect any change in energy use in turning on a brief polling signal.

I would not be concerned about this.
I have discussed it with the solution provider and they are running some tests.
We have already tested a different version of firmware and seen the issue gone.
So, as I said before there will be updates and improvements as we go along.

We have to appreciate that Android 10 is very new and so we expect improvements as we move forward.

Android 7.1.1 was exactly the same.
So don’t worry…
The main thing is that the hardware board is extremely good and so firmware improvements can easily be deployed.

5 Likes

Thanks pablo. Not really concerned as much as just trying to add to the knowledge pool and always curious about why things do what they do. Glad to hear the issue is been worked out in updates. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.
I just wanted to make sure that it is generally understood that these few quirks that we find are addressable…
That’s the important thing I guess. :+1:

3 Likes

Hello, do you really know when the watchs will be shipped ? My order placed the 26 october at Banggood is delayed 3 times and now they email me to tell me out of stock…

@pablo11 already informed about this delay last week:

1 Like

It was the last week…