Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

:wave:

nice knowing you :laughing:

2 Likes

if you look at banggood now you will see that it says they only have 4 preorders for the prime 2, while earlier it said maybe two or three hundred, so my guess is that the stock they received today was almost, but not quite enough to fulfil all the preorders

Banggood has been sending out since they started receiving stockā€¦
You are right, thatā€™s why you canā€™t see so many people waiting on back orderā€¦
@kiki_kiki you need to seek help.
I am sick of you a using me of not telling the truth.
I very clearly said that stock is going to be shipped out starting Monday this week.
They have been sending out stock since thenā€¦

2 Likes

Any posts not related to the Prime 2 will be removed.
If you want to discuss the watch you have mentioned please create another thread.
@StormChild
Cheers.

Thanks for the update @noidremained. I wasnā€™t sure on that - good news for smart watches like Prime 2 and others running the MT6762!

Correct. It has been mentioned before and was the cause of many arguments regarding the M6739ā€¦
In fact the M6739 has more limitations if dual cameras are used

Like the person with Lem 12 Pro problems, my Prime 2 also reboots on random occasions. This has happened several times in the last four days. Also, though most apps seem OK, some crash, one of which unfortunately is the government Covid tracking app. Universal Launcher also crashes a lot, or at least I think thatā€™s what happens when it asks me to choose the home app over and over, Iā€™m using the latest OTA update (1.4_20201031). Iā€™m just reporting, not complaining - I expected there to kinks to work out.

1 Like

Unless it is absolutely required of you Iā€™d suggest you force stop, clear data and uninstall that government Covid tracking app and see how things go.

I uninstalled it when I discovered it wasnā€™t working.

Another thing, the Prime 2 doesnā€™t recognize my best earbuds. This isnā€™t unique to the P2; some of my Android 7 watches can see them, some canā€™t. I donā€™t know if anything can be done about it in firmware.

As usual I would suspect the battery cleaner to kill your appsā€¦

2 Likes

No, by this point Iā€™m quite adept at disabling all app killing settings.

EDIT

Sorry, that was snarkier than I intended. I have no idea if this is relevant but under battery optimization for WatchClockSkin is says battery optimization not available.

Got my Prime 2, and observations as well as questions arise.
Hardware keys: nice click āœ“
Wake on rise feels faster than Prime āœ“
The unpacking was MUCH nicer on Prime 1, what a boring packing ā€¦
Impression: Giganormous :crazy_face:
Questions:
I saw in Mr. Ticks video or here a setting to disable the boot sound, where is that setting ?
I have setup my Google account and can download apps, but Google sync of contacts wonā€™t work ?
I installed a Clockskin in Clockskin folder, but it doesnā€™t appear in the skin selector ?
None of my messaging apps seem to wake on incoming messages, whereā€™s the setting for that ? There is a pr. App background cleaner, which seems to be off by default, so that shouldnā€™t be the reason, but perhaps there are other places in settings I need to check ?

2 Likes

Have a look at your apps in here -

Settings - Apps and notifications - special app access - battery optimization - select app to alter and select " optimize " or " dont optimize "

Also look in

Apps and notification- special app access- Show above other Apps.

Does you watchface appear after re-boot ? Is this happening with all faces .

Iā€™m assuming google sync will work with a update . We have seen a firmware version with this fixed and it works very well .

Early days as we dont have our samples yet .

2 Likes

Itā€™s in Settings /Sound

Is there a way to disable the Steps app? The watch face Iā€™m using displays steps, kilometers and kilocalories. I assume the Steps app uses some power and I donā€™t need or want it running. My aching body tells me I covered a lot of distance just fine. Iā€™d rather save the power.

No, unfortunately.
Even in the old days, you could stop it displaying results but it does not turn off the sensor itself

1 Like

Thanks pablo for the info. Do you know if it is part of the ā€˜Fitnessā€™ app? That app doesnā€™t allow being disabled but in the future I expect I may be able to Freeze it. :wink:

No.
That app just accesses the sensor output.

1 Like

Hi all. I have read through all of this thread and have found it most informative thank you.

A particularly big suck up thank you to Pablo11 for all of his hard work that we all benefit from.

I have had my Prime 2 for a week and a half now and am loving it big time.

I have one question I would like some help with please.

My bluetooth signal between the watch and my wireless earbuds is constantly dropping in and out of signal for zero reason irrespective of location (happens everywhere) even when entirely motionless.

Tried clearing settings, rebooting and re=pairing to no avail. tried two different sets of ear buds with this watch and my prime 1. No problems with either pair on the prime one but both suffer the same signal cut out problem with the Prime 2.

Have latest bios update (V1.4 etc).

Is anyone else able to confirm if they have similar issues (or what might be done to resolve it)?

Cheers

Colin