International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

When the firmware team at Wiitee is ready to release it.
Please don’t ask for ETAs… It tends to lead to arguments.

2 Likes

i click adb.exe it extracts for 1 second and then closes nothing happens i click abd cmd some blank screen opens but it disappears quickly when i click it multiple times it opens but when i type on it ,it closes.
could please give step b step explanation
thank you

I installed the new firmware on my Kospet Prime 2. I am also using Universal Launcher. When I swipe down and then swipe right-to-left, and push the screen brightness widget to change the brightness setting, I get a notification that says “Setting Not Allowed”. Is there a permission setting somewhere that is preventing this widget from operating for me?

no, it should no ask for another permission

I figured it out. I needed to set UL to allow modifications to system settings. (Not sure how I got there, but I tried switching out of UL then when I switched back to UL I got prompted with this screen. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while! :wink: )

what operating system do you have? if it is windows you can instead try to hold shift while you right click in the folder then there should be an option that says “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command Prompt here”

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unbranded A10 project - FAW & Wiiteer

Thank you for this upgrade. Y’all have done wonderful work. It is much more user friendly for a non super techy old guy. I can zoom in when needed and the font size choice is a great help. Great that it now speaks. I have some issues:

1. All clock faces still show temps in celcius even though I’ve changed default. Is there some other place i need to change?
  2. Seems to disconnect from Wiiwear quite often even though they are in very close. It did this before upgrade also.

Additional comments and ‘wish list’ for final update in no order of need.

1. Weather. Settings for refresh time period and stored locations to check weather at those locations. Scroll from location to location.
  2. ICONS that match Android standards so that the icon only menu is easier to navigate.
  3. A Widgets screen or 2. Or the ability to add multiple windows for often used apps, like email to eliminate the need to often go to recent apps.
  4. Setting for heart rate where you can enter a set interval for those of us with heart issues.
  5. Ability to disable unused factory apps and drop from menu list.

Thank you for your consideration of these items.

1 Like

Search on this forum for " universal launcher " and " watchdroid " . These both will give you what you ask for .
Uninstall wiiwatch before you use watchdroid . I’m assuming you are not using a iphone ?

Universal is a different launcher

Watchdroid replaces wiiwatch

Thamks

1 Like

You must understand that we do not control this situation.
But we do appreciate your feedback and we will collect it and make suggestions.

I am concerned about Wiiwear disconnecting because if you have scanned the QR code to download the app and then scanned the next QR code to connect - it is working perfectly.

However, I would never recommend that you use it because of power drain on your phone and the watch is unreasonable.

Watch Droid (which you can find here because the developer has his own thread) is much better but has no iPhone support.

The stuff about the launcher is coming but not just yet…

The main focus currently, is to have a stable, practical base that is great for battery life.

The other software tweaks will come later.

Cheers

1 Like

hello there, i had the same problem with the temps in c. i found the setting to change it to f on the prime 2. heres how to get to it , from main watch face swipe up then you will be in the weather screen then swipe to the right twice ,you will end up on the walking screen. there you will see a settings icon, tap it and you will go to a settings screen with either imperial or metric settings, tap imperial and that will put everything in decimal. hope it helps

I don’t know if this is something you guys can fix, but heart rate measurements are still much higher than those from a blood pressure machine. All my A7 watches are consistent with said machine.

So the A10 version posted here is the same?
Always wrong?

This is the PRIME2 thread and not the LEMFO

1 Like

@gyuri
Done. Thread cleaned and items moved to the Unbranded A10 Firmware thread.
You were absolutely right and I keep mistaking which thread I am in because some have both bloody devices :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Cheers, :+1:

1 Like

I will never stop thanking all the members of this community. I was afraid to flash but luckily this zip came and I can finally try this firmware. Special thanks to Pablo for his constant commitment.

4 Likes

You took the v2.1 OTA… If I remember correctly…

Make sure you read the notes about this.

If you want to try this new update from the watch storage it is not fully compatible with v2.1.
You would need to flash stock version 1.4 and then update.

I have explained in the top post and the release notes

Yes, you remember well. I tried to zip back to 1.4 several times but it gave me an error. Using the zip of your latest version instead, the installation went well and seems to work fine at the moment. If I have any problems I will bring it back here of course.

That is interesting news… :thinking:
Did you factory reset after updating with our zip file?

Sure. After installing the firmware it rebooted and I performed a factory data reset. I’ve already installed all my previous apps (not many) and they work fine. Now I just want to check if the battery lasts longer but for my use my kp2 was already very good.