International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

Hmm, the square mode looks usable for me…

1 Like

It might be possible to add a setting to select the size of the window.
The problem i see is, that a lot of apps require the settings menu to be accessible and that will be difficult if the window size doesn’t fit the screen.
square

Instead it could be more useful to scale down the fullscreen to a smaller window, maybe with a selectable range from 100-80%.

3 Likes

Exactly, that was my idea. Selectable zoom factor on the “round” fullscreen. I totally agree that the square needs to have all areas accessible :ok_hand:

It’s working fine…
So you can’t download it?
Or did you try when the links were being cleaned up and got this error?
Just tested and the link is fine in the top post

No I cannot download it
Just tried again and got the same error , I will try again tomorrow

Update
I just tried with edge browser & its downloading , still get same message with brave browser though

1 Like

So far it’s been worth the install.

I have had limited time on it since installing but the battery life does seem much better. I like the assistant working now.

The layout of the menus is much easier to navigate and more settings options are always a good thing

Not sure if this was an intention but I was always getting a text in the middle of the screen saying things like empty notification etc they seem to have gone with this firmware so that’s brilliant

Only thing so far was I found it difficult was finding the app optimiser to stop apps closing but I found it buried away in settings

So far so good thanks

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes app optimisation had to go.
Basically everything that goes against the intended Android operation had to go.

So now you use the Android settings to manipulate what apps can and can’t do…
We understand that it is not as easy but Wiitee and us agree that people prefer a secure, reliable solution rather than a nice looking, battery draining solution.

Ultimately the two versions will likely be merged and Wiitee will provide an overall better experience as a result of this project.

It has already started with the LEM 15 and the Lokmat APPLLP 4.
The new version of the stock firmware is very much a mix of FAW and Wiitee.
So overall, we are making a difference for everyone :grin::+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

GOOD DAY EVERYONE.
I would appreciate your advice:

1. What are the improvements done on V1.1 ?
    [I am now on FAW V.1.0(legacy). I intend to upgrade to V.1.1]
  2. After upgrading, can the zip file/s for FAW upgrade saved in kospet storage be safely deleted? It has huge size and it will clutter/used up storage if they stay there in case several zip versions have been pasted therein.
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !

@peasant
Yes that 1gb file can be safely deleted.
They are only used once and should be deleted. Maybe we can script this in the future.

Most people are updating to v1.1 without the need to factory reset so you should be able to update and not wipe everything.

Cheers

1 Like

@pablo11 , THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for your prompt advice and all well noted.
You are TRULY OF VALUABLE HELP to all of us here who wishes improvements on the performance of KP2. I am monitoring this page everyday and I am looking forward for the future upgrades.
Keep up the good work Sir !

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.
We are all happy to help :handshake:

2 Likes

wow, the battery life significantly improved. in my situation i have bt on, wifi on, listen to some music, browse the web a little bit. i fully charged the prime 2 in the morning and 2 days later at the same time i have 51% battery left. even gps is on. this firmware update is very good. oh, by the way i’m on 1.1 now and haven’t reset anything. keep up the great work, and thank you for this.

1 Like

I have a suggestion, I hope that I am writing in right section. Enabling taking a photo from camera with one click of a button. Preferably in such a way that the display does not even light up.
Currently you have to navigate the menus - time consuming and moment for taking photo is lost.

I got Prime 2 three days ago. I was very disappointed with the factory firmware. The factory firmware offers a very limited environment. After just one day, I installed FAW. I am now very satisfied, great user experience. Now it really deserves the name of android watch. It used to be more of a toy that showed time. Thanks for the FAW version. I also understand why people don’t install the FAW version … if you’re partially skilled, it takes half a day to change the version. There’s also uncertainty, the watch wasn’t cheap, you don’t want to destroy it right away if something goes wrong. So if there is not much interest in the FAW version it does not mean that the FAW version is problematic. More problematic is the installation, time investment and missing the information that FAW even exists. I don’t know why the watch isn’t on sale with the FAW version.

2 Likes

Not possible.
Sorry

Very glad to hear that it’s made the difference we intended :+1:

Surprised to hear that it was difficult to install?

There is no flashing involved now, just copying the zip file to your watch and select the internal storage in the wireless update app…

Also, we can’t publish anything that will harm your watch because we are officially working with the company who makes the original firmware :sweat_smile:

We don’t work for them but with them.
As we have a solid relationship with them and try to make the user experience better for everyone.

5 Likes

I installed faw prime2 v 1.0, and then at Build number I see FAW-PRIME 2v 1.1. Still trying to install FAW-PRIME 2 v 1.1, gave me the ERROR to install. Is there something wrong with what I did?

@vladimir_lutzu

Basically yes.
There is a problem with what you did if you have not managed to update to v1.1.

Does it say v1.1 in the settings About Phone or not?

I am struggling to understand exactly what you are saying because you say that you see v1.1 and then say that you are having trouble installing v1.1…?

I have made the installation very clear in the first post of this thread.

I can’t be any clearer about it.

I installed v1.0 and in the about phone section I saw bild number v1.1 Believing it was a text error I tried to install v.1.1 after that but I received an installation error.

Just make a factory reset if you are worried about it.