International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

Now I reinstalled the original v1.4 with flasing tools but then I failed to install FAW v1.0 or V1.1 receiving an installation error. After EACH installation I did a factory reset

Did you unzip anything?
You must not unzip the package. Just copy it to the watch and use the wireless update app.
Did you download the new zip files from the first post?
The old ones are removed for a reason…
Sorry but I have to go because I am working at the moment.

Thank you @pablo11

Not exactlydifficult, just time consuming as we have slow internet, downloading two 1gb files was slow.

There is always a chnce that something goes wrong, you wrote it yourself: You use this firmware by choice. You accept full responsibility…

I think your firmware should be preinstalled and user should get a chance to install other firmware i.e. D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031. This would be objective comparing :slight_smile:

Well, I’m terribly sorry about your internet speed and the size of the files…

The problem was that every time I installed a new firmware I did a factory reset and the correct time and date was no longer there. After setting the date and time everything was installed Ok without errors. Big thanks.

1 Like

That is good news.
Thanks for the update :handshake::handshake:

1 Like

The update version v1.1 can be downloaded where. I already have version 1.0 installed. Thanks for the info

You can find everything in post one of this topic, which is kept up to date when things change.

2 Likes

Feedback today to express my satisfaction with this firmware: battery at 8:00 am 100%, at 7:00 pm 35%. Active 4g data connection, connected to the smartphone via bluetooth (today I received many notifications), 15 minutes of Google Maps with active GPS, half an hour of Spotify, WhatsApp messages to the number of the smartwatch, a couple of voice calls of a few minutes. For me it’s great. With the stock version I didn’t get these results. Thanks Pablo :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, :+1:

Why notifications comes only by vibration?
As I see there is an updated faw version for KP2 right?
If yes can u give link where I can see topic about that long haven’t nbeen here.

@Armen_Tangyan
It is the first post of this thread?

2 Likes

Ah OK, I just noticed the June 9th update about not needing flash tools.

Now that I’ve seen the video tutorial (and I’m on summer break), I think I will try this! I’m willing to go through the pain of a factory reset to get my full-screen Google apps back.

Just to confirm - even though I already did an OTA of the stock firmware to version 2.1, I still want to use this file right?

Don’t re-post stuff - so much confusion already :frowning:

It is pretty clear - if you are coming from stock you use v1.0 from the first post.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kospet prime 2 firmware

I just received my prime 2 a few days ago and flashed this firmware basically out of the box. I can say so far that battery life is incredible. After letting the watch idle over night for 10 hours with 4g LTE enabled the power drain was only 1.1% per hour with mediocre signal strength. Bluetooth/wifi/GPS, double tap/lift to wake we’re all disabled, only LTE was on for this test.

Big thanks to you Pablo11, great job.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kospet prime 2 firmware

In this case V1.0 and V1.1 is mostly identical, but that’s because the original V1.0 had some problems with the certificate.
So it was decided to create a symbolic V1.0 based on V1.1 to have a consistent upgrade process.

To summarize:

• V1.0 is needed if you migrate from the original firmware.
  • V1.1 can be used if you upgrade from an older FAW version (V01 for example).
1 Like

Such a massive improvement from the original OS. Whatever voodoo you do to create projects like this… thank you so much! Great work. I do have 1 questions/1 suggestion.

1. Is it possible to let the user choose which quick toggles are available? If no. Could you add hotspot to the list of availble quick toggles
  2. I personally can’t find a good setup for google keyboard. love swiping text, but the AOSP fits the space better. re the AOSP keyboard. the microphone icon to activate talk to text is wedged into the corner and there doesn’t seem to be a way to move it over. Is that correct?
    Which launcher & keyboards are you guys using with the FAW v1.1?

Many many thanks on the firmware!