International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

Perhaps you need to be more specific, what kind of feedback you need, and what we should test, or is it the number of people getting involved with the testing which isn’t sufficient ?

I am sure many of us would like to help, but e.g. I have only looked for user experience issues. Perhaps I need to do some specific tests/feedback ?

1 Like

Maybe people doesn’t use this watch on a daily basis as although advertised as a smartwatch with biggest battery it can only last one day with very limited connectivity options. Comparing with a smartfon with twice as big battery (3000mAh) that can last up to 18h talk time it’s rather unachievable for this smartwatch to last 8h talking. Although new firmware shows that there is a room for improvement :wink:

1 Like

@Dotsfar sorry, a misunderstanding I think.
Feedback is great and is much appreciated.

The issue is that not many people have actually tried it.

For example, if the brand is going to seriously consider pushing out an OTA officially - there would need to be hundreds of people interested…
This is what I was referring to.
Sorry for the confusion :handshake::handshake:

@pawgol yes, that’s also a distinct possibility and that is why we also targeted the LEM 12 pro and the LEM 14.

1 Like

Is the main problem that people don’t want to try it or could it be that there’s just not a lot of people that knows about it?

2 Likes

If people knew that with this firmware the battery improves dramatically they would try it for sure. If I buy Kospet or Lemfo I need to know from the start that there is a support community. Instead I think that many people at the first difficulty either sell it or put it in the drawer. Pablo don’t give up :muscle:

4 Likes

Yes, indeed. I told one about it on Facebook, and he jumped right here and loaded it and was very happy with the results.

So another part is that some may load it and be happy and never let hear from them…

3 Likes

I had a very strange experience yesterday, after loading the newest ZIP. I installed Gmail and some other apps. Gmail started notifying me about random old emails, as if they were new arrivals. I never had this before, and even though I have Gmail on my other devices, they did not notify about anything other than new mail arrivals :thinking:

I am installing gmail and checking if the same thing happens to me

I have had a similar experience as well.
I think it is just a behaviour when the Gmail client is installed on a new device.
It is frustrating behaviour :pensive:

Yes, same as with product ratings. Those who aree happy never write a review. Only those who are unhappy submit their rants.
Stick to it @pablo11 . It´s a huge step ahead.
In order to review the real success maybe you can see the download count?

3 Likes

I state that after installing the new zip I did not perform the factory data reset. However at the moment I have no problems whatsoever. I just installed Gmail and no old mail notifications arrived. But as Pablo says, it can happen. It happened to me with some smartphones.

I install it on every device, but it never before happened to me…

@Kospetp2 It happened randomly over the hours after installation, not right away, so you won’t know until some hours have passed.

1 Like

Ok, then if it happens I let it know :+1:

Firstly, thank you to the Admins and staffs for approving/accepting my registration.
I received my KOSPET PRIME 2 with V2.0 if I remember it right. Then few days later, there was release of wireless update - so I updated and mine now is DO9_KOSPET_PRIME2_V2.1_20210517.
I want to update with what is being presented here (Android 10 firmware -FAW style).
I am a newbie and non-techie.
Kindly advise how would I proceed.
Should I go direct using “full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1v91961.zip”
or
Should I first flash (I am sorry if that is the correct term to use, kindly correct if wrong) with
“PAW-PRIME2-V1.0_new.zip” before updating to “full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1v91961.zip”
I am confused because there is also mention of another file “DO9_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031”.
Sorry for my ignorance, I backread hoping I could understand and execute myself but being newbie and not techie, it is hard for me.
I LOVE THE WATCH VERY MUCH BUT BATTERY IS DRAINING TOO FAST. ANY IMPROVEMENT TO THE PERFORMANCE IS MUCH WELCOME.
I hope you can help me and would appreciate very much your valuable assistance.
Thank you in advance !!!

New FAW-PRIME2-V1.0_legacy.zip and still throws me an error.

Its maybe worth reading the first post in the Prime 2 thread and watching this first

2 Likes

I am sure that the low popularity of the International FAW firmware is only due to a communication problem. In my opinion, this firmware is way better than the stock one. Unfortunately, a lot of user have the philosophy: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Also, some may fear to void the manufacturer warranty if they put an unbranded firmware. Can I suggest two thing that may increase the popularity of this firmware (if allowed by the manufacturer):

• Put a section (link and small description) about the International FAW firmware in each official support thread, just below the section where we can download the official firmware.
  • Make a comment about the International FAW firmware on the seller page (Banggood, Aliexpress, etc)

Also, give the International FAW firmware some time. Some watch (like LEM14) only have one iteration and a lot of user don’t want to be a beta tester

1 Like

Thanks for all the efforts into providing the Int’l FAW firmware for the Kospet Prime 2. Battery life is so important – a significant improvement in battery life is fantastic. Also the enhancements to the user interface are great. I’m a non-techie and was a bit intimidated at the prospect of attempting to flash firmware, but the step-by-step instructions and videos worked perfectly. Next I’ll move up to the latest OTA version.

1 Like

I currently have the Prime 2 with the previous Int’l FAW version (custom build version alps-mp-q0.mp1-V9.156.1) (build number FAW-PRIME2-V01). I want to install the latest OTA version but when I go to Settings > About Watch (actually it says “About Phone”), there is no option to choose Wireless Update. How do I install this latest OTA version?

I think we are just the tip of the pyramid. For each of us who are hobbyists or technically inclined and who are willing to be a tester, I have to believe there are many owners who would love these firmwares once they received them in the standard way OTA.

1 Like