International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

That is unfortunately the very first version that did not include the FOTA application yet.
You can only upgrade with the mediatek flashtool.
Here is a more recent version that includes the FOTA app: D09_2021.05.21.7z

@bolzanos, FAW-PRIME2-V1.0_legacy.zip is the same as full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1V91961.zip, you should use the zipfile from this post instead:

Those are basically already existing strings that are used for naming, it simplifies the process and ensures a consistent translation.
The problem is that the original designation is different for what it is currently used for, a possible option would be to exchange ‘Switch output’ with ‘Scale’.

1 Like

I used the version from noidremained and the same error I don’t know about anymore.

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu THANK YOU for your kind advise. As you suggested,
I watched the video and I think it gives me good idea how to execute the instruction
(though I’m bit scared as I have no experience doing such ever, but I will try my best).

I read the first part of this post and I noted the instruction…
“You just copy the “attached zip file” to the watch storage and turn off network”
I also took note of…
“Important note - you can now update from any version including the previous FAW version”

I checked the referred files and I can only see…
“FAW-PRIME2-V1.0_legacy.zip 14”

(The others are I believe for the flashing - in the case that the execution will be not in order)

KINDLY CONFIRM MY UNDERSTANDING that it is this file “FAW-PRIME2-V1.0_legacy.zip 14” which I will use.
Again, pardon my ignorance. I just want to be sure before proceeding.
Many thanks in advance for sparing your time.

I’m sorry, I forget how to handle a 7z file versus a zip file, and I can’t seem to find the instructions I used last time. (I do have the 7-Zip program installed on my computer.) Or can I flash the original stock v1.4 zip file and then the new OTA?

Yes, you can also flash the V1.4 and then do the OTA upgrade.

I have V1.4 and yet it gives me an error. I don’t know what to do anymore.

I just tested the mentioned steps to ensure that it is working:

• clean flash with: D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031.zip
  • ota upgrade with: FAW-PRIME2-V1.0_legacy.zip
  • factory reset on the settings app

yes, the legacy zip is the right one in your case

2 Likes

You beat me to it :+1:

1 Like

I just updated with the legacy zip and it worked almost without problem! It hung on start on the “android” screen twice, both on first boot and when I factory reset. I got through by holding down the power button to restart I guess, worked fine.

Is it possible to add the functionality of rearranging the apps on the app screen? A big task I’m sure but that’s for me the biggest issue with the interface at the moment. The stock launcher is otherwise very good.

it’s weird that both the legacy and the new one fails for you. Since you are on v1.4, the legacy one should’ve worked. But since it doesn’t…
If you want to avoid flashing you can try to first update to this one: full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1V91561.zip - Google Drive and if that works you should be able to continue with the
FAW-PRIME2-V1.0_new.zip

It’s normal that it takes a while to boot the first time and appear to be hung while it’s actually not. I wouldn’t fore it to reboot unless it has been stuck for an hour

1 Like

I confirm what was said by noidremained. When the word Android appears you just have to wait because it is not locked. It takes a little longer than usual. I also thought it had stopped but in reality then everything went well.

MUCH THANKS! @noidremained

I also tried this version and also the error full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1V91561.zip.
I don’t know what to do, I’ve been trying for a week and I’m still reporting an error.

This long first boot is caused by the android runtime compilation process that creates optimized execution files for the integrated applications.
It can be changed to already include this optimized files on the system partition, which will greatly decrease the initial setup time.
However, this is usually not the ideal solution since every app update will create a new local executable that will be used instead and leaving the previous existing files unused.
But since we don’t have any major space constraints, it will be added on the next release.

3 Likes

there’s two different ones that are both called full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1V91561.zip, one from 22.05 and one from 31.05. The one I linked to is the one from is the one from 22.05, is that the one you have tried or was it the other one?
You can also try to factory reset before you take the update and see if that helps

I did the factory settings twice already, it didn’t help me. And I tried everything there are. So I don’t know what to do anymore.Thank you in advance for your willingness, but I no longer believe that I will succeed.