International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

@ic.dcandelori

Ok we will have a look at this.
I suspect that there is some confusion.

We will resolve it and let you know when it ready :+1:

Cheers

1 Like

It sounds like you have problems because that should not be in app drawer.

Looks like another factory reset will be needed

I updated the LEM15-V1.2-B2 build on the original post.
However, you currently don’t need to upgrade from LEM15-V1.0 as it is identical with V1.2-B2, only difference is that V1.0 is signed with a older certificate to allow upgrading from the default firmware.

1 Like

The translations are currently more or less ‘practical’, we might try to improve the quality in the future.
As for the other notes, it would be helpful if you could provide screenshots/photos of the mentioned problems.

1 Like

So it can be done from Factory rom?

How you do it?

The ota update procedure is explained here:

1 Like

Ok but i followed steps. 1) Install from stock v1.0. Then factory reset. Then install file.zip (v1.2-b2) from internal storage. Doesn’t works for me.

I did it from factory rom to v1.2-b2 through ota, but it gets error too.

i’m doing something wrong?

Like i previously stated:

• LEM15-V1.0 is identical to LEM15-V1.2-B2.
  • LEM15-V1.2-B2 was replaced on the original post if you still wish to upgrade.

Edit:

If you are on the original firmware:

• Z36_LEM15_V1.2

You can upgrade to:

• FAW-LEM15-V1.0

And then upgrade again to:

• FAW-LEM15-V1.2-B2
1 Like

Well, it is called beta for a reason, if in doubt you should do a factory reset.
You can try to zip the clockskin folder locally with a archiver app.

1 Like

In my case, a factory reset solve this problem, but I need to reinstall/configure all my apps! :confused:

Thank you none. It works with updated file.

1 Like

At all
good job of all who developed this stuff
Best Regards
Eike
Lem15

Here is the small problem reported in the launcher, some applications such as gmail for example show a notification with part of the text in dark gray.

3 Likes

BETA 1
For an incoming call, it takes up to 6 seconds for the watch to display the caller’s name. the list is in the watch, not on the SIM.

Memory usage is going to be extreme using 100 faces when it comes to the launcher indexing them or refreshing them.
All the tiny images and xml files involved in that amount of faces… Personally I would never have more than 20 faces in the clockskin folder…

So this is most likely why we don’t have this problem.

2 Likes

Did you factory reset after updating?

No, I did not install this system from the original one. Just update. I just restarted. According to your colleague, the factory setting is not necessary for FAW …

I think it is a matter of perspective…
When you are beta testing you have to understand that there is an extremely high chance of needing to factory reset.

I think I have mentioned it before…
Beta testing by nature, is looking for bugs and how to fix them.

Being a beta tester involves being ready to reset your watch and use logcat to report issues.

This is the way it works and that is why it is a personal choice to get involved…
Rather than us saying that you should.

2 Likes

I understand that, I’m not resisting the factory settings. I just understood that it is not necessary

Hi all,
Here is a small annoying behaviour of FAW B2 that I found (not sure if present in stock firmware):

• When turning off the Airplane mode via FAW launcher, it take up to 15 sec for the cellular icon to turn on (why is it so long, my Android phone take less than 4 sec?). If the cellular icon is pressed during this delay, we get the message “Insert a SIM card” even if a SIM card is present.
  • If the Airplane mode is turn off via task bar, the cellular icon turn on immediately, turn off after 2 sec and turn on after 15 sec. We don’t get the “Insert a SIM card” message via the task bar.