International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

How do i install the FAW rom?
The firmware tool always says wron scatter format.
Thank you.

You donā€™t need the flashtool. Please read the beginning of the FAW firmware post for your watch model.

2 Likes

Thanks for the new build. :beers: But, still no heartbeat on the clockskin with 1.2 final with S10/LEM14, though wrist gestures are working again? Also, I should note that if I go in to the stock Heart Rate monitor app, the last registered number in there will show on the clockskinā€¦until I use the Heart Rate app again. Again, still no LED even blinking so something still not working right here for me with these latest builds. Iā€™m forced to continue to use Universal Launcher as the heart rate sensor works fine with that.

Working thank you.

In FAW and the stock firmware, the heart rate monitor is not always on like the feature in UL. You need to start the heart rate monitor app, and when you leave it, it stop. Beside UL, I think there is no way to to monitor continuously the heart beat.

1 Like

Oh, well I must have missed that memo. So its ā€œbrokenā€ for everyone. I see. I guess Iā€™m sticking with UL, which is too bad. I really like using the stock home launcher now but with that not working, itā€™s a non-starter. :frowning: Maybe we can hope for an update to add this ā€œfeatureā€?

LEM12 Pro - The ā€˜Alarmā€™ default sound menu has duplicate sounds under different names. There are a couple of duplicate names (Cesium x2; Platinum x2)

Example: Argon = Fermium; Hassium = Helium; Neon = Nobelium; Carbon = Neptunium; Cesium = Oxygen; Krypton = Plutonium

NOTE: Full reset completed prior to reporting the above.

1 Like

Interesting, but it seems that is a general android bug:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/master/data/sounds/alarms/ogg

3 Likes

I installed the FAW S10 1.2 on may Rogbid brave pro that was running FAW S10 1.1 running smooth on 1.1. I did the factory reset, updated the google apps with play store and all working well. Added a few more apps. And the watch rebooted. The screen was black. I could hear the sound on notifications and the power and back buttons worked. Just no screen display.

I long pressed the back buttons to launch google assistant and used it to open settings. Then I tan factory reset again. After reboot. Watch is fine on 1.2.

Donā€™t know whatā€™s happened, but it was odd.

1 Like

I assume it was a problem with the launcher that probably crashed and didnā€™t restart properly.
Launcher crashlogs are saved under /sdcard/CrashLog, if possible please provide those logs the next time you notice this kind of issue.

1 Like

Will do. Didnā€™t think of that. I figured one of the apps I installed went buggy and messed with the launcher.

Just curious - did you install button mapper or floating touch apps?

The other known issue is using a watch face that is not compatible with the launcherā€¦ Easy to do by mistake.

The launcher crash dump files are really useful, as @none says.

I installed button mapped and wheel launcher, but I hadnā€™t configured or ran either yet. They both worked great on 1.1.

Iā€™ll install apps slowly this time, so I know if one caused the problem if it reoccurs.

I have installed Faw v1.0 onPrime 2 just want to know your opinion is it worth to update to beta 6?

@Armen_Tangyan
Please read the top post.
There is no Beta 6 now.
This is v1.2 release candidate.

I know this has become a little confusing and I need to clean up the various threads related to the International firmware.
Please bear with us while we fix this up.
Cheers.

Hi,

My Lem14 (rogbig brave Pro), firmware beta 6 is not rendering the screen normally when refreshing from standby.
The watch face has a small slither of normal at the top and the remainder is black before eventually drawing the full face.
Has anyone else experienced this feature?

Did you factory reset after install ?

1 Like

Best to keep the non stock firmware questions in the International FAW firmware thread.
@Buster47a
Are you using universal launcher?
What watch face are you using - or does it happen to all faces?

The fact that no one else has this problem leads me to believe that you are either using the wrong format watch faces in the stock launcher or you need to factory reset and understand if any app is causing the problem.

Lastly, you can flash back to the stock firmware if you cannot find the problem.
If it happens with stock firmware with no apps installed - it indicates that the hardware is faulty.

1 Like

Thanks your reply.

After powering watch down and leaving for an hour then turning back on am pleased to report no further screen issues.
Agree with @pablo11 , most likely a hardware issue.
In this regard, powered into boot mode and found hardware test mode. Unfortunately I donā€™t read Mandarin so unable to decipher results.
Any advice / clues going down this rabbit hole?

Cheers

1 Like

My advice is to leave that menu alone because you can cause damage in there.
Just keep using the watch and it should be ok.

Can you answer this question please and also which watch face were you using?